PDA

View Full Version : S.t.a.l.k.e.r.

QReaper
26th March 2007, 23:26
I'm surprised nobody's posted anything on this so far.:(

Anyway, post thoughts, heart felt sobs of joy induced by awesomeness and any pieces of complaining...but skip on the hype induced "THIS IS SHIT!!!!1!!1!1!!111!!!" and "It wasn't what I expected so I don't like it." crap.

Right now, I'm in Pripyat, and have bullets, rockets, and Gauss Rounds flying past my environment bubble'd head a dime a dozen, anHOLYSHITAROCKETJUSTBLEWUPRIGHTNEXTTOME!

Demented
26th March 2007, 23:47
The word 'Agony' is insufficient to describe what I am currently going through, not being able to play this game.

Dead Inside
26th March 2007, 23:49
I got it a day early after preordering and ended up being massively ill that same day :mad:

I've yet to give it a proper go really but having waited so long for it i'm hoping it won't end up being utter toilet. Sadly, so far i've been a bit peeved by a few things though especially being unable to bind additional mouse buttons and use my standard config.

The weapons seemed a little bit iffy as well, although its possibly just because i put it on the hardest difficulty setting and the AI is pooning me ;)

When i eventually get the time i'm hoping i'll get into it and enjoy it properly, it looked to have some pretty entertaining features and nice scenery. :)

hutch
27th March 2007, 00:28
If your game is choppy turn the light rendering either up or down, my FPS went HIGHER with the higher setting. :eek: Not that i really mind :D

QReaper
27th March 2007, 00:42
If your game is choppy turn the light rendering either up or down, my FPS went HIGHER with the higher setting. :eek: Not that i really mind :D

Turn your draw distance to max and your HDR to either static or full, none of that "only objects" crap.

It actually works better.:)

When you run head first into the Brain Scorcher, say something. You'll KNOW what it is.

Night Raider
27th March 2007, 00:47
The game kept crashing on me when I played on 1280x1024... had to revert back to the default (1024x768) to get it to work. Other than that bug, I've been enjoying the hell out of the game. I only wish the game was truly open, instead of resorting to "zones", but the environments are great nevertheless.

QReaper
27th March 2007, 01:02
Take a moment now and then to stop and just look up. It's quite great.

Last time I took a breather, I just looked up. A starry sky slightly obscured by cloudy weather, light rain, some crows, and the crests of the buildings adorning my display.

It's stuff like that that makes you go "wow".

scratch
27th March 2007, 03:00
I don't hate Stalker, but somehow i'm a bit disappointed. Granted, it looks great, but the game is far less immersive than i expected, mainly due to the "zones in the zone" and because it's far too crowded with stalkers who also just spawn at certain points (i already had two incidents where a stalker actually spawned nearby). I don't know how many times i shot my way through the part of the city where the bar is just to get to Yantar, and it's the same, every time. Well, it's still a decent game.

QReaper
27th March 2007, 03:04
I don't know how many times i shot my way through the part of the city where the bar is just to get to Yantar, and it's the same, every time. Well, it's still a decent game.
If you stick around long enough in a particular zone, you'll notice enemy groups reinforce themselves.

I annihilated a group of mercs once, only to run into the replacement force farther up the road as they were traveling. Waited 'til they passed, knifed one in the back, blew the others away with my Storming Obokan w/ 4x Scope.:)

Mayhem
27th March 2007, 04:05
If you stick around long enough in a particular zone, you'll notice enemy groups reinforce themselves.

I annihilated a group of mercs once, only to run into the replacement force farther up the road as they were traveling. Waited 'til they passed, knifed one in the back, blew the others away with my Storming Obokan w/ 4x Scope.

Tell me bout the knife and the handguns.

How they handle?
Dmg?
Headshots do more dmg than groin?
The aiming?
Does the knife have different methods in killing, just backstab?

Cause I've fallen in love with this game as I read their homepage. Have to go purchase. :p

QReaper
27th March 2007, 11:37
Tell me bout the knife and the handguns.

How they handle?
Dmg?
Headshots do more dmg than groin?
The aiming?
Does the knife have different methods in killing, just backstab?

Pistols handle better than the Rifles recoil wise, however, they're not as accurate and most aren't as powerful. There's some heavy as hell armor in the zone, and if you're not headshoting with a pistol, (one hit kill on normal humans, armor or not) which by the what is no easy feat at medium-long range, you seriously need to consider upgrading to some heavier hardware. Pistols and Rifles are in good supply, ammunition won't last you if, say, you're going underground, so you need to conserve.

Ironsights are for better aim, though some guns have built in scopes or you can add your own. Knife can slash or stab.

Sorry for the lack of depth in that last bit, got to head for school.

Gunner Elite
27th March 2007, 11:48
Can Someone Please Direct Me To Something, to Tell Me What The Fuck The Stalker Game Is About! oh man, is it a rip off of the Hidden? sounds like it could be, and yes i went to the website and found it wasn't very helpful with info. Or you can explain what it is about and maybe i will find a torrent for it.
Admins are fags

Mayhem
27th March 2007, 11:59
@ QReaper

How bout the so called 'RPG side' of the game?

Increased accuracy,armor, hp or something?

Different kind of knives? Throwing knives? Possibility to poison the tip of the knife?

Daedalus
27th March 2007, 12:02
Can Someone Please Direct Me To Something, to Tell Me What The Fuck The Stalker Game Is About! oh man, is it a rip off of the Hidden? sounds like it could be, and yes i went to the website and found it wasn't very helpful with info. Or you can explain what it is about and maybe i will find a torrent for it.
Writing Down Below In White...
put 'http://www.' infront of it.

LOL PIRACY

*cough*

No no, this isn't "that" stalker game. :p

This is S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - some other game who was announced a few years ago.

EDIT: Whoops, can't show that in a legal forum!

Night Raider
27th March 2007, 15:37
I'd like to point out that the weapons in STALKER are extremely inacurate, and not very strong. This is probably to promote fighting on close quarters, but it's still very annoying when you have a clean shot at a soldier's head with an AK 47, and the bullets go everywhere EXCEPT where they are supposed to. And emptying an entire pistol clip at a soldier will only make him stagger a bit. Maybe it's because I'm playing in the "normal" dificulty (simply named stalker) or maybe it's because I'm still early in the game and haven't found all the cool weapons, but it's still frustrating.

That said, storming a military compound and wiping the floor with twenty or more soldiers is fun. Too bad their AI is not smart enough to throw a grenade or to not rush madly through doors.

QReaper
27th March 2007, 18:10
@ QReaper

How bout the so called 'RPG side' of the game?

Increased accuracy,armor, hp or something?

Different kind of knives? Throwing knives? Possibility to poison the tip of the knife?

Less in the vein of what you think of an RPG. It's roleplaying in the way that you have to eat, drink, manage your weight limit, keep your energy up, and conserve your ammo.

Once you start killing Mercs, the nice guns start flowing in. Personally, early on I prefered an AK74, later ditching that for an Obokan, and later for a Stormer Obokan (atached grenade launcher) which I added a PSG-1 scope to.

Word from the expert STALKER, don't use IronSights, unless you have Optics. The sights on the guns are utter crap, aim like you want a "BOOM HEADSHOT" in Counter-Strike. I can drop squads upon squads of heavily armed and armored Mercenaries with one clip and maybe a grenade.

I'm quite adept at this kind of game, survival and what-not. I'm absolutely in love with this game, and my play-style is a testament to the fact that this sort of game is my playground.

Mayhem
27th March 2007, 18:14
@ QReaper

I've heard that the MP RPG is pure crap. People using only snipers to boost their ranks? The actual testers of the game. Kind of crap, eyh?

QReaper
27th March 2007, 18:22
People using only snipers to boost their ranks? The actual testers of the game. Kind of crap, eyh?
Sniper Rifles are utter crap at night time in Multiplayer. That's when the Knifing starts, and the Long-range Marksmanship ends.:D

Mayhem
27th March 2007, 19:23
Sniper Rifles are utter crap at night time in Multiplayer. That's when the Knifing starts, and the Long-range Marksmanship ends.

AWKAY, now I have to go purchase this. Anyone got any suggestions how to make 50euros fast? Except selling candybars.

Daedalus
27th March 2007, 19:42
AWKAY, now I have to go purchase this. Anyone got any suggestions how to make 50euros fast? Except selling candybars.

Prostitution

ape
27th March 2007, 19:44
No no, this isn't "that" stalker game. :p

This is S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - some other game who was announced a few years ago.

EDIT: Whoops, can't show that in a legal forum!

Actually it was supposed to be released in 2003. It got the shit delayed out of it.
I still can't believe it has been released. It was getting up there with Duke Nukem Forever. I won't be getting this for a while I don't think, need to upgrade my PC first.

For those who think the weapon handling/ damaging sucks, I think the devs have said they were going to release the SDK tools so mods should be on the way. And this game has some serious mod potential.

QReaper
27th March 2007, 19:58
Hell, it was announced six years ago.

Daedalus
27th March 2007, 20:14
Hell, it was announced six years ago.

At that time I was thinking it was gonna be the greatest game ever. Ragdoll physics and the other features it has now seemed like the greatest thing ever. Now I'm getting it just cause I don't have any other thing to do when I'm not playing hidden. :p

Boxy
27th March 2007, 20:32
I have been waiting for Stalker since it was first announced. Although it doesnt have everything in that it said it would (realtime blowouts, etc) I'm still not even remotely disappointed with it. I think this game rocks. I'm taking my time with it (eh, John) and loving every minute of it. It's possibly the sole reason I didn't get Cooler finished (bar detail work) last week! About time we had a decent game for the PC, give the 360 a rest...

<Beatlemania>
30th March 2007, 05:11
im slowly getting into it. i had to have a shootout for like ten minutes at the beginning of the game though. you have to go through this lightning filled tunnel thats nigh impossible to go back once you get out. so i went up on the train track, peeked out and went pew pew with my little pistol. it took awhile hehe. cool game though.

Ging
30th March 2007, 07:20
You could've just paid the military guys to let you pass :p

Zabiela
30th March 2007, 09:32
Is the game demanding system-wise? I have an ati9600, a 2.3 ghz amd, and a gig ram. Ya think its worth it?

Night Raider
30th March 2007, 11:46

Or just kill them. what I did was enter the nearby abandoned warehouse, go up to the second level and peek through the large chunk of it that was blown off. It's a great place, since you can throw grenades quite far and it provides alot of cover. If you still have crappy weapons, start by throwing a grenade to the nearest soldier, take cover while they try to shoot you, and pop out and shoot when they try to get closer. They have some good starter weaponry, which will make the next zone a bit easier.

Ging
30th March 2007, 12:03
I was pointing out a way of doing it without starting a firefight :p

QReaper
30th March 2007, 17:48
I was pointing out a way of doing it without starting a firefight :p

You're standing in a place with no rules, they're assholes, and they're pointing guns in your face...

Why not start a firefight?:p

Ging
30th March 2007, 18:48
Because the starting pistol is fucking rubbish and they have automatic weapons?

QReaper
30th March 2007, 19:38
Since when did that stop crazy people with "S.T.A.L.K.E.R." tattooed on their arm and no memories?:p

Get the high ground, drop a couple, and move quietly between the pipes, you might just get a knife kill...or four.

Ging
30th March 2007, 20:21
Or just pay the toll (which is fuck all) and come back with a bigger, better gun...

QReaper
30th March 2007, 20:24
Ah, where's the fun in that?:p

DiabloTerrorGF
30th March 2007, 21:53
How well could I run the game?

x800 GTO
3200+
1gig DDR333

I'm not a fan of HDR so don't take that into account(even though HDR doesn't work on my card... <_<)

Cyborg
1st April 2007, 03:37
im not so sure about that card, diablo... may be time to upgrade.

i'm curious to how well this will run on my system as well...

2.0ghz c2d
1.5g ddr2 667 ram
geforce 7900gs go 256mb (how does the mobile model compare to desktop, btw?)
vista- eww...
5200rpm sata hdd

ermm.... what else?

QReaper
1st April 2007, 03:53
im not so sure about that card, diablo... may be time to upgrade.

i'm curious to how well this will run on my system as well...

2.0ghz c2d
1.5g ddr2 667 ram
geforce 7900gs go 256mb (how does the mobile model compare to desktop, btw?)
vista- eww...
5200rpm sata hdd

ermm.... what else?

It'll run fine on your computer, better than mine, actually, and I have it set on high everything.

Yours should run better, because you have more RAM and it shou-

Wait...did you just say Vista?

Well, run at your own peril, I heard that STALKER and Vista just don't agree.:(

Cyborg
1st April 2007, 05:36
heh...yeah... i asked Dell if they could install xp instead of vista. they said no. i begged them... they said no.

today this dude came in and installed xp on a vista laptop, he was getting all kinds of driver issues... so unless it gets really bad ill stick with vista and wait paitently for patches.

TheMorris
1st April 2007, 06:45
I have been playing this game for 2 days now, and I have to say, I absolutely love it. The open ended nature of it is a major plus point in my eyes. Very fun to go do whatever I want when I get bored.

One thing I have with it is that money comes too easily, and you find your weapons around rather then being able to buy some for ridiculous amounts of money, which would make artifacts worth more.

I have no idea how to add spoiler tags, so read at your own risk, although I am not giving away any story really.

My favorite thing I have ever done so far was about 2 hours ago, I found a camp of duty members that asked me to kill a freedom sniper that was guarding a wall they were going to blow up. So I sneak into the freedom base and kill the sniper, but instead of returning to the duty members, I go to the freedom base leader and tell him they are coming, so they get ready to go kill the duty camp. As they get ready, the duty members bust open the wall and enter the base, and so I run over to them, they don't know I told freedom they were coming, so I ran with them for a bit, and once they meet the freedom members and open fire, I start shooting them in the back, and get two of them before running back to the freedom members, who then proceed to kill their crippled assault force.

Was very fun betraying their trust.

Cyborg
1st April 2007, 07:35
huh, interesting Morris. now let me ask this, is there a main storyline to complete like oblivion, is it more sand boxy where you cant win like the sims, or is there a host of ways to finish the game?

that would be sweet... you get a final goal to accomplish and you can go about it ANY way that you think of... if someone could pull that off well i'd be happy.

TheMorris
1st April 2007, 09:21
There is a main storyline, but I don't really get what it is to be honest, some guy just tells me to go do some stuff, I have some flashbacks that don't make any sense, and then I wake up to find more stuff to either kill or run away from.

And apparently I read that there are 7 different endings, and only 2 "real" ones. And to answer your question, you really don't need to follow the story at all, you can go around doing whatever, but be careful not to run into any master stalkers early on, and if you do, run away! Thats another thing I like about this game, it doesn't force you to fight if you don't want to: you need to get somewhere? Happens to be the military between you and your goal? Well, run through and don't look behind you! Or have a kill fest! Or find a way around, but try not to run into the anomalies!

QReaper
1st April 2007, 15:39
There is a main storyline, but I don't really get what it is to be honest, some guy just tells me to go do some stuff, I have some flashbacks that don't make any sense, and then I wake up to find more stuff to either kill or run away from.

And apparently I read that there are 7 different endings, and only 2 "real" ones. And to answer your question, you really don't need to follow the story at all, you can go around doing whatever, but be careful not to run into any master stalkers early on, and if you do, run away! Thats another thing I like about this game, it doesn't force you to fight if you don't want to: you need to get somewhere? Happens to be the military between you and your goal? Well, run through and don't look behind you! Or have a kill fest! Or find a way around, but try not to run into the anomalies!
I got through a certain level late in the game (involving massive amounts of Monolith goons and Spetsnaz, with Spetsnaz having three attack chopper flying around) but saying "Fuck it!", equipping my Rocket Launcher (with only one rocket left, mind you) and hauling ass all the way through the area into a building. The building, when I got close, ahd Monolith goons spilling out by the couples, so I shot a rocket, it hit the wall, and killed about a dozen and a half of them.

Didn't have to worry about and "Blowout" once I was underground.;)

Mayhem
1st April 2007, 17:38
Seriously, am gonna whip someones butt soon. Got 25euros in my pocket. Need another 25euros to purchase the game. ARGH!

Reading this topic is torture to me.

E: !!! 45 euros came on a letter just a second ago. Must have a guardian angel. Cya. > Got 30mins time to reach the shop and buy S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (their closing doors at 9pm).

ape
1st April 2007, 18:24
Wow, first hour of the game was crazy, I used a grenade to kill the 3-man patrol coming out of the military base up the road from the camp you start in, I picked up some new guns and then noticed that a horde or army guys were amassing at the base. I ran away back to the camp and talked with some random guys for a while about quests to do. Then I hear shooting and look up on the hill where almost a dozen of those soldiers are coming at the camp. I fought alongside the Loners and we killed them all.

TheMorris
1st April 2007, 18:52
I got through a certain level late in the game (involving massive amounts of Monolith goons and Spetsnaz, with Spetsnaz having three attack chopper flying around) but saying "Fuck it!", equipping my Rocket Launcher (with only one rocket left, mind you) and hauling ass all the way through the area into a building. The building, when I got close, ahd Monolith goons spilling out by the couples, so I shot a rocket, it hit the wall, and killed about a dozen and a half of them.

Didn't have to worry about and "Blowout" once I was underground.;)

Thats actually where I am right now, but I don't have a rocket launcher, and I am having a really hard time with that part, I might just book it instead of killing everything. I have this one assault rifle that has a base 4x zoom that I found off some high ranking Monolith guys, I can't remember the name, but it is a head shot machine!

Boxy
1st April 2007, 19:04
You are getting into dangerous territory here with regards to possibly ruining plot devices for people who are not as far along as you maybe. Watch what you are saying and be sure to tag any potential spoilers please kiddies...

Cyborg
1st April 2007, 19:41
good... so there is some sort of plot i can follow.

i just cant stand wasting time on games like the sims.

Lethess
2nd April 2007, 06:03
Playing this game on 1680x1050 res and high and max everying looks pretty good but i like the game when it gets dark really likes to show detail. im decently far in the game and i like it so far :D

SoulAssassin
2nd April 2007, 13:56
Wow, first hour of the game was crazy, I used a grenade to kill the 3-man patrol coming out of the military base up the road from the camp you start in, I picked up some new guns and then noticed that a horde or army guys were amassing at the base. I ran away back to the camp and talked with some random guys for a while about quests to do. Then I hear shooting and look up on the hill where almost a dozen of those soldiers are coming at the camp. I fought alongside the Loners and we killed them all.

Heh i did pretty much the same thing. But i didnt go back to the camp, just set up a 1 man ambush and naded them as they got close. Was smart how they all formed up in a scatterd formation and came up the road to investigate. Nades couldnt do much as they all ran for cover as soon as the first exploded. Did enough to give me the upper hand and wipe them all out tho hehe.
After clearing the army checkpoint tho and getting back to camp i realised 3 of the army guys had got past me and wiped out most the stalker camp before being killed.

<Beatlemania>
3rd April 2007, 00:19

i didnt even know i could do that. thanks.

TheMorris
3rd April 2007, 03:58
If you ever get put off by the beginning of the game, just keep playing, the game gets better with time. As you get better guns that are more accurate and the fact that you wont die from two shots makes the game a lot more enjoyable.

Zabiela
7th April 2007, 21:39
I started playing. Its really wierd, I started in 800x600 with all the settings to minimum, and it was quite laggy, with the added bonus any prop furthur than 15 feet looked like a picasso-ish blob of paint. The strange part, I cranked view distance, object detail, textures, and anisotropic filtering to halfway, and I get almost double the fps! Now it looks better and is playable.

I just found strelok's underground stash, got the upgraded gun, and stole the documents from the lab. Does anyone know how I get a damned flashlight? I did the whole underground part without it, and couldnt see a damn thing.

Ging
7th April 2007, 21:43
Does anyone know how I get a damned flashlight?

I had to ask someone else to get this - but you have one by default, check the keyboard config and you'll find a bind for it, it is something slightly obscure by default (even by my standards).

Zabiela
7th April 2007, 21:51
I had to ask someone else to get this - but you have one by default, check the keyboard config and you'll find a bind for it, it is something slightly obscure by default (even by my standards).

Meh, I found the bind but it wasnt working, so I assumed I have to find one first. Maybe I got confused.

QReaper
7th April 2007, 22:37
There's a flashlight?:eek:

Boxy
7th April 2007, 23:07
How can you not know it had a flashlight in the game? It comes under flashlight (shock horror) in the control menu. Do you not check the controls in any game you play ever?

I recommend taking a tour of the GSC forums (http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr&lang=en). There are some real busy bees in there that have modded the game already.
They have a flashlight mod that makes your flashlight 'go further' (26 or 40 metres rather than 13 metres) and I'm playing it through again now with the Realistic Enhancement Mod (http://www.gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr&thm_page=1&thm_id=6103&sec_id=16#74499) beta (upto version three as of this post) which does a lot of stuff that makes the game, IMO, cooler and more fun to play. Check it out.

To improve things further Ed found a tweak guide and the best thing you can possibly do is bang -nointro and -noprefetch in the shortcut to the game. Does wonders for HDD thrashing problems...

Lethess
8th April 2007, 00:31
How can you not know it had a flashlight in the game? It comes under flashlight (shock horror) in the control menu. Do you not check the controls in any game you play ever?

I recommend taking a tour of the GSC forums (http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr&lang=en). There are some real busy bees in there that have modded the game already.
They have a flashlight mod that makes your flashlight 'go further' (26 or 40 metres rather than 13 metres) and I'm playing it through again now with the Realistic Enhancement Mod (http://www.gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr&thm_page=1&thm_id=6103&sec_id=16#74499) beta (upto version three as of this post) which does a lot of stuff that makes the game, IMO, cooler and more fun to play. Check it out.

To improve things further Ed found a tweak guide and the best thing you can possibly do is bang -nointro and -noprefetch in the shortcut to the game. Does wonders for HDD thrashing problems...

awsome i must try that mod.

and at zab when you did taht underground part without the flash light, that must have been a joy lol "D

i beat the game twice already, awsome awsome game( to a certain extent) :D

Zabiela
8th April 2007, 01:03
My flashlight still doesnt work, this is on the unpatched version. The key i bound to it does nada.
Also, im stuck:

I answered the distress call in the "free zone" trainyard, and met up with the scientist in the green suit, he says "take me to the exit, ill lead the way, you cover", but when I confirm he just sits there without moving. I killed all the baddies along the way, but he didnt follow me, and whenever I talk to him he just says "no time to talk now!". Darn bugs! I did enter the trainyard by walking atop some pipes, instead of going through the passage on the ground. When I exited through that passage it stopped me and did a camera fly by of the scene I was just at, so I missed that before I started the mission.

edit°
8th April 2007, 01:12
This game has gotten me to give up my gaming diet for a little while :P The multiplayer is excelent and thats after about 4 hours on one map.

QReaper
8th April 2007, 04:00
Not really, unless something is life shatteringly needed. I like to learn as I go.

Beat the whole thing and didn't know I had a flashlight.

TheMorris
8th April 2007, 04:02
Same here, although I think there was only one part I found I wanted one, and then I kind of liked it, felt more atmospheric not knowing where I was going.

Boxy
8th April 2007, 08:19
This game has gotten me to give up my gaming diet for a little while :P The multiplayer is excelent and thats after about 4 hours on one map.
Your defense grows weak already my son, let the gaming take you over. Return to us...

edit°
8th April 2007, 11:51
2 weeks of easter hollidays left, take out about 4 or 5 solid days for drawing and catching up on pointless 'assignments' set for us and I think I might be cured again :p

Ging
8th April 2007, 13:14
I'm quite impressed that GSC may be in the shits for stealing content from Valve and id... Tut tut lads!

Boxy
8th April 2007, 14:24
Little late on the News-ometer there.

Seems it's only a few simple shader and overlay textures and they are more likely than not placeholders that were simply not removed (very slack there). I hope they don't get into trouble, it wouldn't be impressive at all, they wouldn't be able to make another game in a six year bracket...

Sidenote: add -mblur to that shortcut of yours on the desktop and then tweak the r2_mblur command down to about 0.15 in the console. I like it a lot, looks sweet....

QReaper
8th April 2007, 15:22
Same here, although I think there was only one part I found I wanted one, and then I kind of liked it, felt more atmospheric not knowing where I was going.
Damn right! I only need to see their eyes! *shakes fist*

On stolen content: Would it apply since it's on a separate engine? I mean, really, it'd be more like an adaptation of the shaders than a snatch 'n grab.

Zabiela
8th April 2007, 19:12
Mmmm this game is addictive. Sibling pc time feuding to come :(

I still couldnt get that stupid scientist to follow me, and it said I failed the mission. Stupidos.

edit°
8th April 2007, 19:58
From what I can tell, its not that important that he lives anyway. Fear not :)

multiplayer name is, drum roll please -

edit°

Make sure you say hey if you see me... however unlikely, hahaha. :D

Ging
8th April 2007, 21:57
Little late on the News-ometer there.

No one else had mentioned it yet...

and Q - yes, it'd apply, if they did use other studios work without permission it's breach of copyright (biggo trouble) and having seen how games industry lawyers are keen to protect that sort of thing these days, even if the developers themselves don't give a shit.

Zabiela
10th April 2007, 19:24
Is the patch worth losing your save file? Bugs/progress/bugs/progress/bugs... aaarrrgghh!

edit°
10th April 2007, 19:28
The games not that long, finish it then patch it and play it again :)

Any dev-y people figured how easy/hard it is to mod for yet? I'd like to see some massive open plan game play where you spawn in and have to scavenge your gear, survive as long as possible/defend stashes/sell gear to traders in safe zones etc.

Ging
10th April 2007, 21:12
I've not looked yet - I think they're using Lua (though I may be well off base with that, my brief browse in their forum hinted towards it).

But I have no idea how much access you get, or even if they plan to release a 'decent' SDK.

Mayhem
11th April 2007, 05:44
Im just alil dissapointed in the games difficulty settings. Am in the end of the game and have died only twice.

Playing with MASTER difficulty. Lil dissapointed in the game cause of it. Hoped to die alot more. Except the gunfights have been intense and I've ran out of ammo only once :P

btw. I've just started to do Duty's missions and Chef from Freedom died in an assault to Freedom camp. Dunno where to find that grenade launcher now. Anyone care to PM me and save my day in S.T.A.L.K.E.R?

edit°
11th April 2007, 12:58
P.M Sent

Seto
11th April 2007, 18:43
Are you playing with the patched version?. it shot the difficulty through the roof for me. Mostly because of the super fast degradation of armor. (just a few shots and that 45% bullet proof cap is now in the 30's..)

Mayhem
11th April 2007, 19:02
Yup. 1.*something*1. Its still too easy for me :P Been gathering grenades, medkits, ammo, better weapons for my final assault to the last section. You guys know where ;)

RPG, bulldog, deagle, prolly modified VSS.

Massacre! :)

Seto
11th April 2007, 19:08
Yeah I have a ton of med kits and bandages, but it seems the enemy likes to pin point my head -instant hemorrhage and one more shot I die-
=seems a lot like its trial and error, who can shoot the others head faster=
(I am playing on Veteran -master was insanely frustrating)

currently at Prypiat(sp).
-GP37
-Silenced Kora pistol-
-Some Duty suit armor -my green hazmat suit died, and I have to hit the bar to get the Seva I stashed, sadly I am with freedom and I hate clearing the bar of duty.-
-The sniper rifle from the guys in red forest-