PDA

View Full Version : Cell Factor: Revolutions

Daedalus
23rd March 2007, 20:40
You may or may not hear about that new fangled PhysX card that Aegia has released some time in the past. Basically it offloads all the physics calculations off the CPU and onto the card.

Cell Factor: Revolutions is some game that heavily uses this PPU card. Storyline doesn't really matter, some company called LIMBO does something I'm not sure whatever - so far we know you can play 3 classes in Multiplayer: The Bishop which relies only on impressive telekinesis powers, the Guardian which is some kind of cyborg that can dual wield but without psy powers, and the Black Ops which is a mixture of the two.

The game is effin impressive. This (http://www.cellfactorgame.com/trailers/CF_Revolution_Trailer.wmv) trailer makes me want to buy one of those cards... (Lores version here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbkGFuQ0_P0))

I'm not even gonna comment on the trailer, it simply owns every other deathmatch-type game I've seen so far. :D

However shelling out 300$ for another card that you can use on only a few games so far doesn't sound so good. The good news is that at the rate hardware is progressing we won't have to use a PPU to get that kind of gameplay. The first tech demo released for the PhysX card was a free version of Cell Factor. You can download it, and run it even if you don't have a PPU. Though, your comp must be top of the line if you don't want to have FPS in the single digits. ;)

-SM-SUCKER
24th March 2007, 11:00
I would really like to have a game with such physics AND completely destructable surroundings (similar to Red Faction). I hope I'm still playing games when this happens :)

Demented
24th March 2007, 20:34
This trailer has been around for a while, in fact, before Ageia announced any new physics card. (In other words, they still had the old one.)

Didn't realize they had a Cell Factor demo that didn't need a PPU...

Ging
24th March 2007, 22:09
Played an early version of this at last years GDC - it was good fun, but nothing overly spectacular.

Daedalus
25th March 2007, 08:29
Played an early version of this at last years GDC - it was good fun, but nothing overly spectacular.

You lucky guy!

Ah well, It seems that CF will work without a PhysX card, only with a few features disabled, so it should only be a matter of time until we can play it on a decent computer. ;)

Gusdor
25th March 2007, 09:23
The magnet grenade thing was pretty awesome :)