PDA

View Full Version : good info posted in one big post

djd3ath
22nd March 2007, 10:47
i don't check forums a lot =] sorry but yea a few things:

Making ability that iris can plant something like a bomb, like css planting bomb, to take out the hidden. The iris have to get to the bomb site and back to win or hidden get blown up and all iris get to watch the hidden get blown up from a close angle with out lines though it.

Of course getting rid of the rumble in that map (forgot what called) theres a few lag like glitch spots that u have to like jump over and stuff.

Hidden can have like after 5hp he has fast movement and faster jump speed because i hate when I'm 5hp and i can do anything because sadly i don't use ps =] So i have to go nuts but i rather have some speed to go along to make it more exciting.

The shotgun like at least 90 damage max since i just hate that one shot kill thing i and like the 50 bullet gun has like the red dot on the top for a laser yet you still need to pick the laser sighting thing to have the dot so it would be nice if that gun had the laser already so u can have a extra item like sonic trip alarm.

Hmmm and maybe give hidden like health to person ratio witch is optional to the server were each 3 people adds (what they want)hp to the hidden like so if there have a pro match i like the game challenging for iris but still hidden will take time to kill me =]

Be able to control how much hp can be healed of the body so u can have it off or have it high so u can heal up to like 50 from a body.

Trying to make hanging body's easier and grabbing things seems to kinda lag behind me a bit and get caught on stuff (i don't know if thats just me but yea).

MORE blood for every thing make it more gory so like ps even tho i don't use makes like TONS of blood that covers most the ground and wall so its good for making films with.

Knifing needs like area affect were as knifing in the head does more damage then a knife to the gut, like head can count as 2 hits to body so u can hit once in head then on in body or just 2 head shots but that doesn't go for hidden to make it a little easier for hidden.

I would love if the xbox did like 20 damage to throw and teddy dose like 50damage since its a smaller object and the xbox is just funny as hell and it be nice if the com knows that u killed with xbox so it comes up with killed with xbox or teddy since that would just make it the bomb and hmmm thats about it hope to see you on hidden

please leave thoughts and reply

thanks from stf. | djd3ath

(G Edit: Take note of the following - LinkA (http://www.zefhemel.com/upload/20030707l.jpg) LinkB (http://www.zefhemel.com/upload/20041103l.jpg) )
(http://www.zefhemel.com/upload/20041103l.jpg)

Paegus
22nd March 2007, 10:53
it's called a period... <-- there's 3 of them. please learn to use it.

djd3ath
22nd March 2007, 11:01
lol i get really bad marks in grammer and in australia we call them fullstops =] but instead of replying on my grammer reply on the info inside

-SM-SUCKER
22nd March 2007, 11:10
I think noone will respond to your "information inside the post" because it's hidden. Why don't you edit it and make it look like:
1. Do this
2. Do that
etc.
And maybe you should use the search button on top before you post any suggestions, because I got the feeling that most of your "info" has been suggested before or will be implemented in B5.

Gusdor
22nd March 2007, 11:30
lol i get really bad marks in grammer and in australia we call them fullstops =] but instead of replying on my grammer reply on the info inside
I almost passed out trying to read that. Where do I breath?

Upon further reading, it looks like you are doing Speed. Seriously mate, what you have written has zero 'meaning' to me when Im reading

@Boxy: Jacques would laugh :D

Boxy
22nd March 2007, 12:00
I attempted to edit the post into something intelligible but after the second 'line' I couldn't make head nor tail of it and gave up. As Prince said I can't comment on it as I have no idea what you just wrote...

Upon further reading, it looks like you are doing Speed. Seriously mate, what you have written has zero 'meaning' to me when Im reading

@Boxy: Jacques would laugh :D

Agreed.

Daedalus
22nd March 2007, 13:13
Jesus Christ it's like a huge wall of text came on my screen and blinded me.

The only good thing I could find in there are special kill messages for xbox or jimmeh kills...

Paegus
22nd March 2007, 15:06
well since someone took the time to break it up into a something vaguely resembling separate thoughts... albeit pretty incoherent separate thoughts...

...like css planting bomb...
already been noed a few times i believe.

rumble & sticky lag
rumble lag: not hidden's fault valve screwed the env_shake pooch. it'll be gone in B5 anyway.
sticky lag: physics engine does that. cars and such i can agree with. they're just annoying. but crates and the like are part of the game play and easily avoidable.

Hidden @ 5hp
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/5133/hitpointssmlpp3.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

shotgun damage
it's a shotgun for christ's sake. you try taking a chest full of buckshot when all you're wearing is some blood stained hospital pants and eye-ball gauze.

p90's laser dot
isn't that 'red dot' the holo-sight thingy that comes with some p90 sight assemblies? /shrug

so u can have a extra item like sonic trip alarm.
why so they can place yet another alarm in yet another pointless location?

hidden health ratio
because the bullets do the same amount of damage. if it really had to be done i'd start by metering the slash damage. 8 iris @ 3 hits each = 24 hits to kill everyone. so scale from there. 4 iris would need ~5 slashes each. 2 would need ~7

control hp from body
why?

make hanging body's easier
how is it hard exactly?

grabbing things lag
come up with a super fast way to communicate online that supersedes all other internet traffic, is immune to packet loss and defies the laws of physics and they'd be more than happy to fix network latency. to say nothing about CPU.

...and get caught on stuff
you'd rather they clipped through stuff as if they magically didn't exist while you where holding them? doable i suppose but then they wouldn't stop bullet neither...

Knifing hit location damage
why? its only 3 hit as is.

xbox does 20 damage and teddy does 50damage
logic says NO.
xbox = large heavy metalic.
teddy = small soft (stuffed even) 'child-safe' toy.
and you can do upwards of 100 damage with the xbox if you throw it right.

typhon
22nd March 2007, 16:01
very nice quoting work there i just saw IS THERE A TEDDY BEAR IN THE HIDDEN ?
well is there one ?
map ?
location ?

Sil
22nd March 2007, 17:35
You have to find it, yourself. That's teh rules. It's in every official map, though. Good luck.

Boxy
22nd March 2007, 17:39
Jimmeh (http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y177/boxy1/jimmeh01.jpg) is in every level, along with a capture poster for him and an Xbox. Have fun hunting them out my son...

djd3ath
23rd March 2007, 06:11
Quote:hidden health ratio

because the bullets do the same amount of damage. if it really had to be done i'd start by metering the slash damage. 8 iris @ 3 hits each = 24 hits to kill everyone. so scale from there. 4 iris would need ~5 slashes each. 2 would need ~7

other way around as in the hidden gets more hp not the iris trying to make the game a little easyer for hidden

Zabiela
23rd March 2007, 06:45

Monty Python ftw.

None shall pass....

Cyborg
23rd March 2007, 08:33
You are a worthy advasary, good knight...

Hyp-R
29th March 2007, 02:05
using ovr entities, couldnt you setup a timer/escape only for the iris?

make a map, where the "bomb" has been planted inside a building to takeout the hidden.

and the hidden, msut stop the iris from escaping, by killing them

Mayhem
29th March 2007, 04:32
isn't that 'red dot' the holo-sight thingy that comes with some p90 sight assemblies? /shrug

Its aimpoint. Handy in RL, not in any FPS games. Except AAo in which it was a great asset in mid-close range firefights.