Paegus
16th March 2007, 19:50
who?
why?

shokked (GER)
16th March 2007, 20:43
who?
why?

i think typhon means that the iris gets those explosives. in my opinion its not a good idea, because it would make give the iris a great advantage. they could put the explosives to certain places where the hidden will come by. it would be unfair, but perhaps we could give it a try :cool:

ComeToJesus
16th March 2007, 21:28
I definitely wouldn't put a 3 second timer on it. It would have to be immediate to be of any real use.

Cheesey
16th March 2007, 22:13
Isn't the STAB-script something similar? I mean, k, the sonics and no delay, but that shouldn't be a big problem - except the lag Phaedrus mentioned...

typhon
17th March 2007, 15:03
i mean the hidden should get it

ThunderDan
17th March 2007, 18:57
Lets pretend the idea of the Hidden having remotely detonated charges was a good idea, why would there be a 3 sec fuse, and why would anyone want it to beep when it's set off?

typhon
17th March 2007, 19:06
or mayby a set charge you see trou aura vieuw some iris members are coming you plant a bomb (3 sec no nois) and pounce away

Paegus
17th March 2007, 19:10
wouldn't it be simpler to pounce to a safe place, wait for them to come around the corner, pouncing into the middle of the group, slash one of them, pounce away and watch as they go to work on each other?

typhon
17th March 2007, 19:17
but then some noob comes and says

boom head shot igotcha you nooob..... you got owned and pawned
taste my shotgun .... you are one ugly mothefucker .... lol ?

and its stupid and boring to listen to

Paegus
17th March 2007, 19:22
pawned... like at a shop? did he at least get a good price?

as for them killing you when you try the more direct approach, that's your problem. besides the bomb would become visible when you walk away from it so they'd see and shoot it rendering it ultimately useless.

typhon
17th March 2007, 20:23
ok ok ok i give up

i suggest tread closed

Alt
17th March 2007, 20:35
Why would this idea be crap if it were for the IRIS?

Zabiela
17th March 2007, 20:55
According to the story, the hidden barely was able to scrape together his pipebombs with what he found in the labs. To have remote mines, he would need not only explosives, but timers, and a remote detonator.

That stuff is too specific to have "picked up" on your way out a destroyed lab.

Phaedrus
18th March 2007, 04:56
Isn't the STAB-script something similar? I mean, k, the sonics and no delay, but that shouldn't be a big problem - except the lag Phaedrus mentioned...

STAB doesn't lag. It would have if I had left the delay to allow multiple explosions from closely groups alarms.

Cheesey
18th March 2007, 08:27
STAB doesn't lag. It would have if I had left the delay to allow multiple explosions from closely groups alarms.

Okay, then i misunderstod something! Sorry... :)

Euphoria
18th March 2007, 11:27
Why would this idea be crap if it were for the IRIS?

Now that you've mentioned it the only thing I can think of is that, like sonic alarms, it would encourage camping. They would also be nearly useless (because the hidden can move just too fast), like sonic alarms, but, unlike sonic alarms, the rare time a hidden does actually get killed by one it would be funny, especially with corpse cams. But I think you'd be more likely to blow up half your team by accident than kill the hidden.

These could be used by suicide bombers to kill the hidden because they can't do it any other way, or to tk on a massive scale. So theres some more reasons why Iris remote bombs would be bad.

Last thought, if you could pick up a remote bomb and throw back athe Iris before it exploded, or if thrown with enough force into something it would explode anway....:D .

Alt
18th March 2007, 11:55
You have me lost for words Euphoria :p

*Cries*Tis all so true! Why is Hidden so rigid for new ideas?? AHHHH!!!*

Daedalus
18th March 2007, 13:39
Why is Hidden so rigid for new ideas??

Well, most of them suck...

Rodcell7
30th March 2007, 21:46
I dislike this idea because there will be noobs whoring with explosives.

lcpuche
30th March 2007, 22:14
if it is put the hidden should be able to pick it up and trow it :)

Ion
31st March 2007, 00:51
well ? what about some remote explosives

What about them?

ProgrammedToConsume
31st March 2007, 03:12
I dislike this idea because there will be noobs whoring with explosives.

There is a whore for everything friend.

Anyway, let's say this is implemented for the iris, it would(well besides being used to tk alot) be next to useless on a weighted server because of the risk.

Let's say, I do 75 damage to the hidden, and the rest of the iris are all at full health. I set a bomb, then two iris come around the corner and get blown to pieces, I then lose all my weighting because of the dang bomb.

That's too much risk, not to mention the fact that it will help tkers and inspire campers.

Mr. Bottomhat
31st March 2007, 20:20

This post made my day :D

ProgrammedToConsume
1st April 2007, 03:07

*inhales deeply*

No.

The stickies say that 617 is not to have any form of one-hit kill other than the PS.

Then let's say, it doesn't do a on-hit kill, then people would still usem them to spam(like with nades), and, if 617 barely managed to scrape together some pipe bombs, how would he then manage to quickly make himself some remote explosives(which require quite sophisticated equipment)?

Euphoria
1st April 2007, 17:08
This thread is going no where. The reasons for either the hidden or the iris having remote explosives have been dismissed.

ProgrammedToConsume
1st April 2007, 18:18
This thread is going no where. The reasons for either the hidden or the iris having remote explosives have been dismissed.

Captain obvious strikes again!