PDA

View Full Version : Requesting a model

KillaloT
15th March 2007, 17:08
Hey, me and some friends is currently making a mod for HL2

We are calling it Phoenix Mod, and thats because you run around with a phoenix (bird) as weapon and shoot fireballs. We want to make it normal deathmatch, but you will be able to travel at a high speed, and maybe even able to dodge the fireballs.

We just got a problem... We have noone whos able to do this very important weapon model. So if you are interested in making this model, or join the team as a modeller, please contact me on my email or at #PhoenixMod @ GameSurge .

We are also in need of one or two more to do the maps, but we will first need your help after we finished the codes.

- KillaloT

Ging
15th March 2007, 17:27
I feel you might be confusing us with people who aren't already working on a mod of our own...

I suggest you go to VERC and post on their help wanted forum - or perhaps one of the myriad game art related sites about the place (i've got the faith that you can find links on your tod).

Gusdor
15th March 2007, 17:38
We are calling it Phoenix Mod, and thats because you run around with a phoenix (bird) as weapon and shoot fireballs. We want to make it normal deathmatch, but you will be able to travel at a high speed, and maybe even able to dodge the fireballs.
I'll be honest with you mate. That doesn't sound fun - for more than 10 minutes at least.

Paegus
15th March 2007, 17:52
do you get to respawn from the pile of ashes that results from you not being able to dodge said fireballs?

if not then replace the phoenixes with dragons and make them directly player controlled so we can fly around tossing flammable/poisoned/explosive/cryogenic lugees at each other.

KillaloT
15th March 2007, 19:48
I'll be honest with you mate. That doesn't sound fun - for more than 10 minutes at least.

We plan that the game will include powerups, other weapons and such. And maybe you havent got the same idea of the game as i do. Cause i think its gonna be fun...

- Maybe some thinks its fun, others dont.

Zabiela
15th March 2007, 19:52
We plan that the game will include powerups, other weapons and such. And maybe you havent got the same idea of the game as i do. Cause i think its gonna be fun...

Buddy, if you're gonna go asking for help for your mod, it would save you a LOT of time to just ignore negative comments and focus on what you need to get.
If you dont, you'll just spend hours fighting in an endless and pointless flame war.

And by ignore, I mean like, act like noone posted anything at all.

Sir Wankus Magpie
15th March 2007, 20:19
sounds like those alien weapons you could use in half life: OF

snarks? or something i can't remember

Demented
15th March 2007, 22:25
Snarks were only in the original HL.
Doesn't sound like any weapon in OF... maybe in Heretic. (Auld game, that!)

Cyborg
16th March 2007, 02:12

Why a phoenix?

-<<SyycK>>-
16th March 2007, 23:41
Its better than a pidgeon?

<Beatlemania>
23rd March 2007, 03:39
I live in phoenix! will it be set in the grand canyon? actually thats too long of a drive

Demented
23rd March 2007, 03:57
Y'know, I don't think he meant using the city of Phoenix as a weapon, shooting little blasty things out of it.

On the other hand, if he did, I love his sense of humor.

Isolation
23rd March 2007, 04:29
Just made this. Enjoy :D

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/8118/hadokenzo8.gif

Demented
23rd March 2007, 04:36
Oh lordy, I can feel the shockwaves all the way to 'Diego!

Zabiela
23rd March 2007, 07:13
Will this goddamn "big one" earthquake just happen already? Im tired of waiting, shake damnit!! Let it out!!

I just hope it happens during the day this time, I want to see it happen.

Daedalus
23rd March 2007, 13:16
Just made this. Enjoy :D

Lol'd.

It just needs to be a little slower with the text and it's perfect. :D

Isolation
23rd March 2007, 18:36
Lol'd.

It just needs to be a little slower with the text and it's perfect. :D

I know, but I was trying to limit my frames while still keeping the fireball animation relatively fast. Next time I make some stupid animated gif with cities fighting, I'll keep that in mind :cool: