PDA

View Full Version : Low ping, huge lag.

Aceid
13th March 2007, 01:44
I was going to give Hidden: Source a try yesterday.
So I installed everything I thought H:S would require.
Installed H:S, and configured everything as I wanted.

Now, there is one problem. Even though my ping stays around 25-30 at average, I'm lagging back and forth while walking. I really does affect my performance, so I'm pretty pissed off.
And no, it's no video/graphical lag.
I tried reinstalling two times, didn't work.
I tried formating my HDD (yes, I was desperate, and I had nothing I wanted to backup), didn't work either.
Every other Source game works just fine online.

So, I thought maybe someone over at the forums could help me.

Thanks in advance.

Tsukasa1105
13th March 2007, 02:34
Try creating a game and see if you lag with that. If you do lag, it's a local problem (hardware). If you do not lag, its an internet / netcode configuration problem.

ThunderDan
13th March 2007, 02:49
I assume you tried a few servers and had the same problem. I would check and see if you are dropping packets or have a high choke.

Zabiela
13th March 2007, 05:16
If its only the lamerz server- they have some odd speed thing that makes everything feel laggy :rolleyes:

Daedalus
13th March 2007, 13:35
If its only the lamerz server- they have some odd speed thing that makes everything feel laggy :rolleyes:

They messed around with the sv_accel cvar again?

Thought they defaulted it months ago.

Aceid
13th March 2007, 14:28
I tried creating my own server.
But the game crashed in the middle of the process with "Error: Failed to load authentication library, Exiting..."
I think it may have something to do with the lag...
I just don't know how the..
I've reinstalled it three times in a row, used a friends config (to make sure I've got proper rates)
Nothing works.

Paegus
13th March 2007, 15:08
i think that has almost nothing to do with the lag...

though there may be some unresolved issues when playing with hl2 on what is actually a hl2dm server under the hood...

Aceid
13th March 2007, 16:01
Is there anything I can do about that?

Paegus
13th March 2007, 16:05
look carefully at the threads available in this forum... specifically the stickies.

Aceid
13th March 2007, 17:19
Ah! Sorry, I forgot.

I think it works now, tried that -applaunch 215 in "Launch Options".
I'm able to start my own server at least.

EDIT: Nope, the lag is not gone at all. I've tried everything I can think of.
Atleast I don't lag on my own server.

-SM-SUCKER
13th March 2007, 22:40
Maybe you should enlighten us with your rates and which kind of internet connection you use? Does this problem show in other games? Other non-source games?
You said you used your friends config. If he has cable and you are using an analog modem from the late 80's this wont help.