PDA

View Full Version : Explosive Sonic Alarms Hack

sharpshark28
12th March 2007, 03:27
I was thinking, it may be a cool idea if the hidden could press the use key on an alarm which would "hack it" and place one of this nades on it. Therefore turning it into a trip mine for any ignorent or clumsy IRIS who may bump into them.

Zabiela
12th March 2007, 04:02
http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?t=8010

sharpshark28
12th March 2007, 04:06
Umm, yes I know. I posted there. But this is different, (that inspired me though) this is more of a trap set by the hidden for the IRIS.

Zabiela
12th March 2007, 04:13
Oic. Sorry.

Phaedrus
12th March 2007, 07:38
I was thinking, it may be a cool idea if the hidden could press the use key on an alarm which would "hack it" and place one of this nades on it. Therefore turning it into a trip mine for any ignorent or clumsy IRIS who may bump into them.

That's not a bad idea, but I don't know how realistic it is. I mean, I don't think it makes sense that the Hidden would be able to do that.

Besides, exploding sonic alarms is just stupid. ;) If you were wondering, I don't think I it can be done with a script.

Killzone
12th March 2007, 20:08
lol, the hidden's geneticly mutated that loves to eat people..... not the return of albert 'yummy brainzz' einstein..... i really dont think if a dumb monster is able to take a sonic trip mine and make it into a bomb....

Phaedrus
12th March 2007, 20:13
lol, the hidden's geneticly mutated that loves to eat people..... not the return of albert 'yummy brainzz' einstein..... i really dont think if a dumb monster is able to take a sonic trip mine and make it into a bomb....

He is not a monster. He is a mutated human. Still, I don't think he was an explosives expert MacGuyver type before he was experimented on.

sharpshark28
12th March 2007, 20:56
Heh alright fair enough. :)

mrguytodd
13th March 2007, 16:45
He is not a monster. He is a mutated human. Still, I don't think he was an explosives expert MacGuyver type before he was experimented on.

How did he come up with the pipebombs?

Paegus
13th March 2007, 23:54
jimmeh game them to him as a going away present.

sharpshark28
14th March 2007, 21:51
Lol

The player guide says they're home-made pipebombs. Which makes sense, hell these days you can use kitchen ingrediants to make an explosive.

ProgrammedToConsume
15th March 2007, 01:29
jimmeh game them to him as a going away present.

God bless jimmeh.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, a sonic pipebomb trap sounds good, but to be honest I really can't see a nearly invisible experiment with enhanced strength and speed with the ability slash squads of specialized soldiers to death setting an explosive trap.

It wouldn't work well unless many are positioned and/or are positioned very well(and you don't want to waste pipe bombs). It would be much better to simply try and slash the iris to death and save the pipe bombs for when you need them.