PDA

View Full Version : Playstation 3 Home

Gusdor
8th March 2007, 23:41
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRb-mCsHQ0c

'Free', stunning, better than XBLive? Probably. Does this make 360 owners feel ashamed for bashing Sony so much? Not this one.

Gotta hand it to them though. Its a nice touch. Just how 'free' is 'free' btw?

Demented
8th March 2007, 23:49
Bwahahahahahaha!

It's There (http://www.there.com/)!

QReaper
9th March 2007, 00:00
I'll watch the PS3 vid shortly, where my GDC Spore news!?:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Edit: So, yeah, watered down Second Life inside a $600 console?

Ging
9th March 2007, 00:07
There's actually nothing overly exciting in there - I don't want to have to fuck about trying to meet someone "in the flesh" just to start a game with them...

The basic service is free, but I can almost guarantee that all the downloadable extras will cost you the earth to make up for it - why the fuck would I want to go out and pimp my virtual apartment? I'd rather go and play Second Life or stab my testicles with a rusty spoon!

khu
9th March 2007, 00:10
I think these virtual environment type things are fucking hilarious just to look at.

Watching people's avatars walk around online, a simulacrum of a real world experience...I don't know why, ANY video of There, or Second Life, or this thing, makes me laugh very hard.

Phaedrus
9th March 2007, 00:16
It makes me want to go GTA style through everyone's shit.

Demented
9th March 2007, 00:44
You know, Phaedrus, that would make a GTA game I'd consider playing.

Isolation
9th March 2007, 00:56
Sigh at consoles.

I remember a time when they were about fun games, not trying to be "Omni-box, your digital god". At least handhelds are still somewhat pure.

Demented
9th March 2007, 01:35
Secret message from Sony: We know that when you play our games, you will lose your connection to reality. Thus, we, your all-knowing benefactors, have created a world where you won't feel alienated from society. Come unto us and rejoice, for we have made you a Home.

Zabiela
9th March 2007, 02:15
"All the people in home are beautiful!!" :D

Dark Soul
9th March 2007, 02:37
The Wii60 fanboys are just mad because their homeless. :p

QReaper
9th March 2007, 02:59
I'd rather be homeless than be broke. (599 US dollars, etc.):p

Noir
9th March 2007, 08:04
I can see it now:

Little Timmy: Right, time to get my [Generic FPS Here] on!
*Boots up home
*Stands in the main city
*LFG [Generic FPS]
30 Mins later
*LFM [Generic FPS]

I can't see how this helps me, it will cost the earth in micro payments, it'll appeal to second life players, but i suspect they're hoping to tap the WoW player market, which without things to grind on, they aren;t gunna get. Hasn;t won me over, just seems like an overly complicated way of starting a game up.

Zabiela
9th March 2007, 08:12
just seems like an overly complicated way of starting a game up.

Well put.

Gusdor
9th March 2007, 10:53
The Wii60 fanboys are just mad because their homeless. :p
Wii60? You cock. This is exactly the problem with argumentative gamers atm. Why segregate yourselves int ofanboy groups? WHy not just visualize the collective as the consumer. A group who demands innovative products that deliver at a reachable price? Is that so hard?

I mean look what you did just there. I've seen this on Youtube comments on the Home video already - 'we' had a year more, 'we' are crushing the 360. The fanboy (lets face it, the playstation guys are the worst - a bit like Macintosh collectors) will put himself and his fanboy brothers in a collective that is directly opposed to anybody who thinks otherwise.They may see themselves as the underdog in this generation's race and set about to make a martyr of the console by manuvering it into an 'i told you so' position?

Infact, this is largely typical of the type of person I know to buy the Playstation. The football player (Fifa anyone). We all saw them at college. Heavy reliance on social stereotyping for communication and the 'need' to be grouped and supported by others (team sports, huge social groups etc). I have yet to see Fifa running on the PS3 yet. Hope they aren't disappointed :P

What my point. Oh yeh. I own a 360. I think tis a great piece of kit with some great games. The online service is useful and the media features get used mroe than the games in my house. I also happened to like the Wii when I played it. I havn't played the PS3 yet. I just know that it costs a fortune and has quite pretty software running on it. Does this make me a Wii60 fanboy? Dont be such a cocksucker.

I can see it now:

Little Timmy: Right, time to get my [Generic FPS Here] on!
*Boots up home
*Stands in the main city
*LFG [Generic FPS]
30 Mins later
*LFM [Generic FPS]

I can't see how this helps me, it will cost the earth in micro payments, it'll appeal to second life players, but i suspect they're hoping to tap the WoW player market, which without things to grind on, they aren;t gunna get. Hasn;t won me over, just seems like an overly complicated way of starting a game up.
You should have seen me the week after i dinged 70 btw. A warlock trying to find a 5man party is a nightmare. Up for arcatraz? no, bah. LF Priest! No, warlocks? bah. I spent a good 6hrs one day trying to find one so I could get my karazhan attunement done. It was worth it tho. A roll of 96 secured my Voidheart gloves last night /flex. Tier 4 here I come.

Btw, I fail to see how they are trying to tap into WoW specifically. It definatly feels like a second life thing to me. A piece of software which is btw, pathetic (not in the least because the chumps didn't give me a job) in the same way pyramid scheme are. You could also say it was an effort to latch onto the userbase behind that Sims game. The 'Pad' thing has that sort of feel.

Still looks pretty to me. Im definatly going to have to see it in action when I know someone who has one. As Ging said however, I fear it will cost quite a bit to 'run'. I think the PS3 is being marketed for the trendy gamer (bluray new enough tech for you?) whilst the 360 is for the hardcore gimme achievements NOW gamer.

QReaper
9th March 2007, 11:28
Second Life got dull pretty damn fast, if I'm on it these days, I resign myself the trolling Goreans, Furrys, etc., gotta love the reactions some of these pricks have.

Google "John Edwards Second Life", it is lulzy.

On topic: It just doesn't astound me really, nor does it make me rethink my thoughts on the PS3.

Now, when's that damn Spore conference!?

Noir
9th March 2007, 12:06
You should have seen me the week after i dinged 70 btw. A warlock trying to find a 5man party is a nightmare. Up for arcatraz? no, bah. LF Priest! No, warlocks? bah. I spent a good 6hrs one day trying to find one so I could get my karazhan attunement done. It was worth it tho. A roll of 96 secured my Voidheart gloves last night /flex. Tier 4 here I come.

Btw, I fail to see how they are trying to tap into WoW specifically. It definatly feels like a second life thing to me.

Was the same in Guild Wars Factions for assassins. You only ever wanted one in your party, and there was always millions looking for a group.
*Side note, i started playing WoW again, on a different server now tho. Lvl 12 ftw :D

WoW might be a bad example, and yeah, its definately second life, but i meant the point of having an online avatar that you can pimp out. In wow you grind to get the uber gear to show it off, i suspect in home they're gunna make you pay for it. (Altho if games gave you items like achievements, say, i compete DMC, and they gave me a huge arse art peice to hang on my wall, i think that would be cool).
I like the idea, and as you say, i'd love to see it running. But that isn;t enough to make me drop on it yet. (and i can't afford it :D)

Daedalus
9th March 2007, 12:25
@QReaper:

/agree.

The only fun thing about second life is that you can piss people off. Remember that meeting with that asian "businesswoman" where SA goons started flinging dancing penises at her? That's the fun I'm talking about.

Gusdor
9th March 2007, 12:29
Fuck paying for items. I would roll some slinky sassy chick and run around as naked as possible

Boxy
9th March 2007, 12:51

If only I knew or understood what you just said... :confused:

Daedalus
9th March 2007, 12:58
If only I knew or understood what you just said... :confused:

And that's a good thing.

Can't See
9th March 2007, 16:54
Gus makes a good point though about how people place titles on "aka Fanboys" I am a GAMER period. If I like the system or game I will buy it. If I don't then i will leave it alone. Not a fanboy just a gamer with a love for ALL GAMES.

Gusdor
10th March 2007, 00:38
Gus makes a good point though about how people place titles on "aka Fanboys" I am a GAMER period. If I like the system or game I will buy it. If I don't then i will leave it alone. Not a fanboy just a gamer with a love for ALL GAMES.
Thats exactly what I meant.

Dark Soul
10th March 2007, 02:10
"I own a 360. I think tis a great piece of kit with some great games. The online service is useful and the media features get used more than the games in my house. I also happened to like the Wii when I played it."
In other words you're a wii60 fanboy,and don't bitch to me that you're not.Thats why its called being a FANboy,your a fan of the preferred system.

I think it's ridiculous to think the ps3 is overpriced,its only 100 bucks more then the 360.I bet you spend more money on gas perweek then that.

"Infact, this is largely typical of the type of person I know to buy the Playstation. The football player (Fifa anyone). We all saw them at college. Heavy reliance on social stereotyping for communication and the 'need' to be grouped and supported by others (team sports, huge social groups etc). I have yet to see Fifa running on the PS3 yet. Hope they aren't disappointed :P"

It's funny that you say that because all the 360 is good for is online play."Heavy reliance on social stereotyping for communication and the 'need' to be grouped and supported by others (team sports, huge social groups etc)".

I'm not saying home is a good idea,i avoid myspace like its the sun.

Cyborg
10th March 2007, 03:49
Hello,

My name is Cyborg, and I support anything that is not EA. Man have they been releasing some crappy stuff...

Gusdor
10th March 2007, 07:20
"I own a 360. I think tis a great piece of kit with some great games. The online service is useful and the media features get used more than the games in my house. I also happened to like the Wii when I played it."
In other words you're a wii60 fanboy,and don't bitch to me that you're not.Thats why its called being a FANboy,your a fan of the preferred system. Who knows, I may turn out to love the PS3 one i actually play one. Lets face it. The delays, the price and shortage of a games lineup dont make the product look that shiney.

I think it's ridiculous to think the ps3 is overpriced,its only 100 bucks more then the 360.I bet you spend more money on gas perweek then that.

Ahem

I havn't played the PS3 yet. I just know that it costs a fortune and has quite pretty software running on it. Does this make me a Wii60 fanboy?
I love it when only quotes are doctored and omitted.

Fan -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_%28person%29
Fanboy - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_%28person%29#Fanboy

'Fanboy' transcends 'fan' mate to the scale where it is used pejoratively in the gaming comunity to describe zealotry and immovable and sometimes illogical support of a product. I don't feel tied to my 360 just because I brought it. I like it a lot. I think its a good piece of kit. But I don't think its the best thing on earth.

Please do not pigeon hole me. I gave you theory to back up arguement and you told me im incorrect based upon a deliberate misquote. Remind you of anything?

Isolation
10th March 2007, 15:34
For the record, I am an anti-social fan of the Sony systems. I like being alone, killing things on my various PlayStations. That is all.

Oh, and I love the 360, still on the fence regarding the Wii until I try Metroid Prime 3.

Ion67
10th March 2007, 16:00

I walk, does that count? Actually, to get systems that are on-par with eachother, it is $200 more. What kind of fool gets the $500 system? Ok, not really fool, but person who is uninformed.

The PS3 has a huge price, there is no getting around that.

Ging
10th March 2007, 16:11
In the UK, the 360 is 279.99 (just shy of $600 on current-ish exchange rates) the PS3 is 425 ($850...) - all I can say is, fuck that.

Isolation
10th March 2007, 16:16
That I don't get... makes it easy to see why 360 is doing so well (that and, you know, having the best next gen game library at the moment)

asskicker
10th March 2007, 16:34
I acc like it. Good for when you are bored :P

Price's don't say nothing. 360 was prob arround 600 when it was first released.
PS3 doesn't yet show how good the grfx can be.
Look at the ps2 : God of War II, finally showing what the ps2 can!

Well that's imo :)

Gusdor
10th March 2007, 19:29
I acc like it. Good for when you are bored :P

Price's don't say nothing. 360 was prob arround 600 € when it was first released.
PS3 doesn't yet show how good the grfx can be.
Look at the ps2 : God of War II, finally showing what the ps2 can!

Well that's imo :)

1) No it wasn't - hence the uproar over thE PS3 price. Blame the bluray disc drive licensing/ BTW, probably? Nice research you got there

Price's don't say nothing A cross-section of the playstation demographic?
2) All that tells me is that the launch library is shit and the developers are either misinformed or the PS is (as is traditional) hard to develop for.
3) I want that game. God of War was a classic title imo. What Prince of Persiah should have been

Dark Soul
10th March 2007, 22:02
I walk, does that count? Actually, to get systems that are on-par with eachother, it is $200 more. What kind of fool gets the $500 system? Ok, not really fool, but person who is uninformed.

The PS3 has a huge price, there is no getting around that.
I compare the 20gig ps3 to the 360 20gig because it's on par with it if not better then the 20gig 360.I don't see the point of getting the 60gig,all you get is 40gigs more,ps2 memory slots and wifi.

Edit*
Also Gustor,Sony just showed of their new development kit,you can't say that its hard to develop for it anymore.

Demented
10th March 2007, 23:32
Why is it there are 360 fanboys, Wii fanboys, Sony fanboys, Mac fanboys, but you never hear about PC fanboys? Much less Windows fanboys. What's the deal?

QReaper
10th March 2007, 23:46
you never hear about PC fanboys?
HAHAHAHAHAHA, hahahahahaha, hahahaha, haha, ha. Oh, sorry I laughed.

Dark Soul
10th March 2007, 23:53
Thats because every one loves PC's :p .

Demented
11th March 2007, 00:16
I smell a LIAR!

*applies a lit torch to Dark Soul's pants*

Dark Soul
11th March 2007, 00:19
http://www.funtechtalk.com/man-claimes-sony-ps3-controller-has-caused-his-erection-problems/

Ok,wtf ?

Gusdor
11th March 2007, 10:26
I compare the 20gig ps3 to the 360 20gig because it's on par with it if not better then the 20gig 360.I don't see the point of getting the 60gig,all you get is 40gigs more,ps2 memory slots and wifi.

Edit*
Also Gustor,Sony just showed of their new development kit,you can't say that its hard to develop for it anymore.
Here in the UK, we don't have the option to buy the 20gig one/ Thanks Sony - good way to make us feel better about your product....

Where is this dev kit stuff? Why in particular is it now easier?

Dark Soul
11th March 2007, 17:31
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/770/770996p1.html

Demented
11th March 2007, 22:12
That link goes to a page about Killzone. I don't see no dev kit.

Ging
12th March 2007, 00:40
It mentions, in a sentence, talk about the PS3 "Edge" tools that simplify development...

Gusdor
12th March 2007, 01:25
THat probably means there is a better...something, right? Heaven forbid people who would say something and be talking BS!