PDA

View Full Version : 303 impact = green splat.

Paegus
7th March 2007, 12:52
and before you go ape about it... no, i'm not talking about having it stick to the hidden making him slightly more visible. one can easily assume that the paint on his skin would be inside the light-bendy field thing anyway so it won't work. i'm talking about the blood spray effects only. right now it shows a red blood poof when you hit just like the other guns. this could be replaced with a green one for the 303 since it's not really doing enough damage to 'draw blood' so to speak.

i recall the 303 also producing wall splatter effects which could be removed for various reasons that we wont go into right now.

and there's always the proximity hits. if you land a shot right next to the hidden... or a teammate.

Sonic
7th March 2007, 22:45
Thank god I looked at who posted this. Otherwise I would of made a gigantic ass of myself. And not in the good way.

Paegus
8th March 2007, 00:40
if you think it's a shit suggestion then please feel free to be an ass about it as it's my fault for making a suggestion of previously mentioned composition.

Demented
8th March 2007, 01:30
Area effect 303 has been suggested.

The 303 causing blood splatter when it hits someone... I don't recall that ever happening. Pic?

Paegus
8th March 2007, 02:13
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/5628/hdndispatch0000eg1.th.jpg (http://img80.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hdndispatch0000eg1.jpg)

dark red is the wall splatter decal
bright red is the impact blood poof
insanely high fps > YOU!

Zabiela
8th March 2007, 02:29
insanely high fps > YOU!

Lucky bastard. Im starting to realise I cant buy anymore new games without a new rig first :(
Come faster dx10!!!!!

Demented
8th March 2007, 02:44
And you're just realizing that now, Zabs?

@Paegus
That looks painful.
It reminds me somewhat of that incident where a girl got shot in the eye by an FN303. Fatal, but unfortunately not instantaneous.

Zabiela
8th March 2007, 03:51
And you're just realizing that now, Zabs?

I had been playing only source based stuff for so long... and I just got GRAW, so thats making me realise how slow my rig actually is.

GRAW is *almost* unplayable, but im still trying.

hutch
8th March 2007, 07:47
dark red is the wall splatter decal
bright red is the impact blood poof
insanely high fps > YOU!

WIDESCREEN!!!
I <3 YOU MY 16:10 BROTHER!!

Paegus
8th March 2007, 09:14
what? 16:10? you fail at math my friend... 1280x640=2:1 :D

Lucky bastard. Im starting to realise I cant buy anymore new games without a new rig first :(
Come faster dx10!!!!!

nah it's actually a demo being played back at 20&#37; speed so i have time to press the screenshot button. probably recorded at ~63fps. i mean if i could get that high you'd think i'd at least have 1x MSAA or something right?

Ging
8th March 2007, 10:41
That'd be because it does 3 points of damage - we found that without some form of hit registry, it was impossible to use... We're just too damned lazy to make it use a different impact effect.

Demented
8th March 2007, 10:41
1x MSAA? O.o
I know not your cryptic directx10 acronyms!

Didn't know that demos would report a faulty framerate. That's fairly peculiar.

Paegus
8th March 2007, 10:47
it's what the Options > Video > Advanced page says instead of AA... multisample aa or something... bugger all to do with DX10 as far as i'm aware though.

well if you run at 30fps and play a demo back at 10&#37; speed every 1 frame of the demo takes 10 frames to play out so you end up with 300 effect fps. which is odd actually as you'd expect the speed the world is being rendered at to remain constant regardless of how fast you're moving entities around in it... it's probably just someone taking the wrong shortcut.

@Ging
well painball pellets do hurt. a lot. some amount of damage is quite reasonable. and i figured that would be why :)