PDA

View Full Version : Hidden - Ability to PUNCH! (Taunt/Tease/Scare Opponents) ?

Mounce
7th March 2007, 07:05
^What the title says, I am very very very good at making up ideas for anything, So i will pitch in whatever comes to mind, hopefully None would have been discussed already or Locked or has been made, etc.

In Detail of thought/Suggestion - Have it so the hidden can hit people, maybe doing 1-5 damage, either use his left hand which happens to be free, or use the back of his knife, just to taunt/tease/scare people, probably best idea for the hidden to hit people in the back and quickly hop away.

it sounds like it would be funny :P

Zabiela
7th March 2007, 07:30
Hahaha... the team is way ahead of you on this one bro. :D

"Shove" as its called is already working in b5, can be used to push iris around and to punt stuff into them. It replaces the ps when its turned off.

Mounce
7th March 2007, 08:29
No! but is Shove like Punch? does it do Damage? does it show the hidden using his hand/arms to shove/hit/push?

I need specifics :(!

Demented
7th March 2007, 08:42
Haven't tried it myself. Computer. Hate. Angry. Arg!

But I'm pretty sure it does no damage and shoves players about mighty handily.

Mounce
7th March 2007, 09:28
You're a part of the developing team or something, Demented?

Boxy
7th March 2007, 10:26
He's a Hiddenite.

I get the feeling that wont help you one bit....

Mounce
7th March 2007, 10:31
Hiddenite.....Hmmmmm

AHHH! I know...Ok! :p

thats what you get for doubting MOUNCE!, Keith.

lol :)

Prometheus
7th March 2007, 17:30
You will be more than satisfied mate.

Ion67
7th March 2007, 17:39
The only thing I don't like about this is I need a new control scheme that has pigstick in a normal spot...

Paegus
7th March 2007, 18:56
what?

Ion67
7th March 2007, 19:03
what?

My pigstick needs to be in a spot where I actually can use it.

Isolation
7th March 2007, 19:47
Punt/Shove causes no damage, but does have an animation showing 617 using his hand.

I perfer to call it the 'five point palm exploding heart technique' except, you know, there's no actual explodey going on.

FYI, you don't need to be a Hiddenite to know this... I'm pretty damn sure Ging posted this long ago.

Ion67
7th March 2007, 19:58
I don't recall there being a post, but everyone knows about it from conversations that bring it up.

Mounce
7th March 2007, 20:32
Guess I just don't explore everywhere in the forums, I usually am only in the 'Server Admins' area to report tk'ers :p

But Ok, I will anxiously wait for H5

Paegus
7th March 2007, 23:52
a search for 'punt' gives you this aptly named thread started by Ging: PS replacement thoughts... (http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?t=6685&highlight=punt) Its title is most suggestive...

TheMorris
8th March 2007, 00:17
I don't think a search for punch would have got him very far thought, but same as before, you are getting what you want really in b5.

Killzone
10th March 2007, 19:32
i get the point of shove, but what happends when pigstick is ON, and the player is using both left and right mouse buttons to attack?? i'm all for the idea, but, where is it gonna fit?

Isolation
10th March 2007, 20:32
Pigstick will be based on RAGE. When he gets to 20 or less HP, PS will be enabled. Until then, he uses shove.

Paegus
10th March 2007, 20:49
I don't think a search for punch would have got him very far thought, but same as before, you are getting what you want really in b5.

searching for 'punch' gives you similar results and Ging's thread about PS replacement is actually higher on the 'punch' list than the 'punt' one... so...

i get the point of shove, but what happends when pigstick is ON, and the player is using both left and right mouse buttons to attack?? i'm all for the idea, but, where is it gonna fit?

if you mean what i think you mean then i'm not sure what you're even asking... currently you can *shock* actually *horror* use normal slash as well on PS enabled servers since they use different fire buttons... PS being alt-fire. since the punt/punch/shove/whatever replaces the PS then logically it occupies the same button. the main difference is that even you can ALWAYS punt where as Pig-sticking only becomes available to you when your health drops below some point that is currently 20hp. so far sv_pigstick is still functional so if it's 0 then you'll always be punting regardless. if it's 1 then you'll get previously mentioned effect. though with their desire to keep as similar gameplay as possible across as many servers as possible i don't see why they don't can sv_pigstick all together. people that do use it will use it anyway, people that don't, wont.

TheMorris
10th March 2007, 21:07
Searching for punch does give you Ging's thread, but it is still 5-6 down the list, and it doesn't scream out "this is what I am suggesting" but I do still see your point.

Phaedrus
10th March 2007, 21:12
Searching for punch does give you Ging's thread, but it is still 5-6 down the list, and it doesn't scream out "this is what I am suggesting" but I do still see your point.

Face saved: little

:p

Ion
10th March 2007, 21:35
The only thing I don't like about this is I need a new control scheme that has pigstick in a normal spot...

That does not make any sense.

Felf
11th March 2007, 17:13
erm... Suddenly things have gone from being very clear (like a recently cleaned lense, or indeed the insides of George Bush's head) to disticly mirky (like a less recently cleaned lense, or the inside of a ninja's head)... We WILL still be able to use shove after pigstick is enabled (ie below 20 health) won't we?

EDIT:: And before you ask "why would you say George's head is clear on the inside, you ugly free-world hater?" let me riddle you this: How many coconuts can one monkey eat in only 7 hours, with the aid of a toothpick and an unlimited supply of a banana? *nods knowingly, then disappears into a cloud of smoke, like a ninja*

Daedalus
11th March 2007, 17:59
We WILL still be able to use shove after pigstick is enabled (ie below 20 health) won't we?

Only on a PS off server. At least that's what some recent posts have me to believe. :)

Felf
11th March 2007, 18:03
:'( Shame... Oh well, I'll just have to pigstick /objects/ instead of people... I'll live.

Daedalus
11th March 2007, 18:10
:'( Shame... Oh well, I'll just have to pigstick /objects/ instead of people... I'll live.

I do it all the time. People suiciding themselves with barrels makes me giggle.

Paegus
12th March 2007, 00:01
yeah you can still PS barrels and such.. but if you try to punt a player when your health is too low and ps is on they'll asplode!

Zabiela
12th March 2007, 02:49
What kind of indication do you get when rage kicks in? Pulsing red gradient on the edges of the screen would do the trick.

sharpshark28
12th March 2007, 03:08
Brilliant. This'll be great for hdn_discovery. Muahaha

Paegus
12th March 2007, 11:26
well your health is already supposed to turn red when it's low so that could be the clue... other than that? nothing as yet.

Killzone
12th March 2007, 19:29
well, other than indicating yourself... a good old hard breathing method would definatley set off a warning in an I.R.I.S.'s mind that they about to get owned.....heheh :)

Zabiela
12th March 2007, 19:38
well your health is already supposed to turn red when it's low so that could be the clue... other than that? nothing as yet.

I liked that idea you had, with the heart image that would pulse larger and redder as you got more hurt. Meh, im sure the team has something planned already anyway- i doubt theyll leave it at the text based ":O Rage is on!"

Killzone
12th March 2007, 20:02
what about the idea of panting when you're enraged??? that would be a cool effect, too

Paegus
12th March 2007, 21:22
if they can do it right then yeah but listening to some guy panting into a microphone for however long you remain alive... meh... not my cup-a-tea really.

sharpshark28
18th March 2007, 00:14
Maybe a heavy breathing when your health get's below 20? Nothing to annoying just steady audible breathing. It'd be more of a warning than a health indicator.

Zabiela
18th March 2007, 00:19
I'd rather the panting have to do with low stamina, so that the last 2 pounces get a soft grunt sound, and then a couple soft pants when you stop to recover.

Cheesey
18th March 2007, 08:43
What about a scream of 617? He is down under 20HP and recovers his last power so he leave a scream like the good/bad guy at the end of films when they take their last power to destroy something...

So everybody would know "Fuck...!" but 617 wouldn't be panting all away.

Euphoria
18th March 2007, 11:05
What about a scream of 617? He is down under 20HP and recovers his last power so he leave a scream like the good/bad guy at the end of films when they take their last power to destroy something...

So everybody would know "Fuck...!" but 617 wouldn't be panting all away.

That would be f****** scary, so long as its loud enough to be heard acoss the map with ease and terrifyingly blanketing of all other noises close up. But not too high pitched or too growly/raspy either, perhaps a bit like a banshee crossed with the zombie screams from ravenholm.

Cheesey
18th March 2007, 12:04
I think khu would make a perfect scare-the-siht-out-of-you-scream!

A problem that might come up: it must be loud enough to can be heared over the whole map, but it shouldn't blow your head when you are close to 617. Cause in most cases smb. will be close to him...

Paegus
18th March 2007, 13:39
something along those lines is already there. at least the iris side is.

though i wouldn't mind a more immediately audible pigstick sound with that roar. 99% of the time the wind up isn't even heard until you're exploding. that 1% is for the people who casually walk up behind you, stop and then have to look at their mouse to figure out what button to press.

Isolation
18th March 2007, 19:13
How about you know 617 is in Rage mode by watching someone explode into chunky hunks of flesh.

Yeah, I'm a fan of making it so no one knows, that way you retain the paranoia of the pigstick, without destroying any balance. The second an IRIS 'splodes, you know 617 is low on HP, ready for a final shot.

Cheesey
19th March 2007, 17:11
Even after the scream you can't be sure if 617 is on rage, cause if he eats some corpses he might get above 20HP again ;)!

Hmmm, just like the idea with the scream... reminds me to something resident-evilish....

Mr. Bottomhat
21st March 2007, 21:35
Nothing like doing an 180 degree turn and killing some newb when you hear the breath before the pigstick, lol.

I hope rage shuts off if you feed back up to >20 hp.

Daedalus
21st March 2007, 22:04
I hope rage shuts off if you feed back up to >20 hp.

It does. ;)

Mr. Bottomhat
22nd March 2007, 23:31
Good. Rooms full of food ftw.