PDA

View Full Version : HL2 Chat

Zabiela
4th March 2007, 01:03
We'll be releasing an update soon to both text chat and voice communication in the Source Engine that will improve communication for people in multiplayer games. We've completely rebuilt the text chat system, adding the ability to browse your chat history right in the chat window and a filter to remove messages that clutter your game screen. Voice communication will be getting a huge boost in quality, so if you have a microphone sitting on the corner of your desk collecting dust, now would be a good time to plug it back in.

Wawa wee wa. Sounds promising...

Night Raider
4th March 2007, 01:08
Borat ftw.

Daedalus
4th March 2007, 08:24
Increased voice chat quality means I can spam my voice_input files over the mic like back in cs1.6!

Demented
5th March 2007, 02:44
Oh, so you want to end up like your avatar? :p

Brilliant idea!

Zabiela
5th March 2007, 02:54
Mmmmm load up a talk show radio....

starstriker1
5th March 2007, 03:25
Now, if only they'd build the engine so that local (ie, from your player model) voice chat was possible...

Zabiela
5th March 2007, 03:38
Now, if only they'd build the engine so that local (ie, from your player model) voice chat was possible...

I wish they had that in BF2 aswell.

Demented
5th March 2007, 05:31
What, and make it situationally useful? Blasphemy!

Paegus
5th March 2007, 08:21
too many extra buttons!
a double tap for radio, single for positional might work. but then there's team-only and global radio. so triple tap for global? yar...

so basically they're finally implimenting voice_speex properly or something?

butterқnife
6th March 2007, 00:35
What, and make it situationally useful? Blasphemy!

And imagine... all those people yelling "He's over here! He's slashing me!" would actually be somewhat useful for the few seconds they remained alive.