PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best mp4 player?

Gunner Elite
2nd March 2007, 08:51
Whats the best mp4 player? anyone wants to express their opinions about this topic, becuase mine is the toshiba gigabeat. Ive got myself one and they are great, i got the 60 gig one :P its a great device that runs on windows mobile. I advise you to get one if you want a good one. NOT IPOD!

Night Raider
2nd March 2007, 12:40
I dunno, if you really don't want an iPod, maybe a Microsoft Zune.

The best part is, my iPod video died two days ago.

The.ViruS
2nd March 2007, 12:50
I have an iPod Video 60gb and cant see a problem with them. They look stylish and do everything I want.

Ion67
2nd March 2007, 16:10
What is wrong with Ipod? They have a huge user base, good software, good library of songs to buy from, good quality, and many, many accessories. I don't see anything wrong.

Isolation
2nd March 2007, 19:13
I use a SanDisk Sansa. Not exactly MP4, but it's roughly the size of a Nano, yet can play video (though, only after converting to some alternate Quicktime format).

Gusdor
3rd March 2007, 08:27
good software
WRONG

The.ViruS
3rd March 2007, 09:26
It used to be poor but the latest iTunes is a lot better.

-<<SyycK>>-
3rd March 2007, 10:38
What is wrong with Ipod?
Apple.

The.ViruS
3rd March 2007, 12:09
Whats wrong with Apple?

Zabiela
3rd March 2007, 17:37
good library of songs to buy from

Depends on your definition of "suck".

Ion67
3rd March 2007, 21:08
Depends on your definition of "suck".

Zune's is worse, and most other media players don't offer a library besides the nearest local store.

The software is really good in the latest version. I don't have any problems with it, and I don't know what they could improve upon with it. Apple (IMO) has a more luxurious and home feeling while Microsoft is cooperate.

Zabiela
4th March 2007, 00:54
Well, I was aiming more at the "good library" aspect. Theres a TON of stuff I want I cant find on itunes.

-<<SyycK>>-
4th March 2007, 03:39
Whats wrong with Apple?
Oh nothing that I can think of... I just plain don't like them.

Ion67
4th March 2007, 03:41
Well, I was aiming more at the "good library" aspect. Theres a TON of stuff I want I cant find on itunes.

Exactly what I aimed at. Zune's library is missing 2 million songs compared to itunes, and most other players do not have any software with an online library.

Spanktacular
4th March 2007, 03:52
People actually pay for music?

Zabiela
4th March 2007, 04:29
Exactly what I aimed at. Zune's library is missing 2 million songs compared to itunes, and most other players do not have any software with an online library.

Ok, ill quit being ambiguous. Electronic music. About 10% of it is on itunes.
www.beatport.com

:)

Ion67
4th March 2007, 05:19
Most people do not listen to electronic. Although, which Mp4 player comes with a full store of electronic music, being the fact this is about the player.

Gunner Elite
4th March 2007, 07:45
ok my opinion with ipods is that their software is good, but the produst themselves is absolute crap, they break down a week after warranty runs out, as usual! cant resist a fall and damages really easy... i had one and i wasnt satisfied, some may be lucky and not get a faulty one (somehow that unbelievable!), keep using it aslong as you can since you cant get a refund. anyone actually have one or just hate ipod? :rolleyes:

EDIT: oh and the toshiba gigabeat uses windows media player to syncronise songs, pictures, tv shows and videos including DVD's. so not every mp4 doesnt have a program to put it on the device for you, its actualy pretty good, also i have to say i got a 300gb external hardrive. nice? :)

Spanktacular
4th March 2007, 11:27
I've been using an iRiver H320 for a few years now. No DRM unless I want to use a service, which I don't because I rip my own CDs to it and listen to podcasts. My next player, should they still be supporting multiple formats and be DRM-less, will be an iRiver.

The.ViruS
4th March 2007, 12:57
My Ipod has never broke down touch wood.

I hate the gigabeet. Worst menu system ever.

Ion67
4th March 2007, 16:40
Mine broke down, but only because I had it in my bookbag, and I forgot it was in there, which got tossed and dragged and beaten to a pulp. I had to by a new bookbag, then I found my Ipod. For me, using Microsoft's software isn't the players software, it is using a program that any windows user has.

Gunner Elite
5th March 2007, 05:53
wow The.ViruS you better hold wood, not just touch it lol, lucky for you it hasnt, REALLY lucky! the gigabeet has many programs u can use to get things onto it. anyways ipods can be suitable for some, oh and them breaking because your bag was beaten brutally isnt saying ipod is crap because thats your fault lol.

Ion67
5th March 2007, 22:44
That's what I meant to say bud. Almost all of my friends have some sort of Ipod, and only mine has broken.

Gunner Elite
7th March 2007, 03:21
ok...
everyone must be really lucky where ever you live...
do they live right next door or own the company lol, thats the only reason they should be working still. anyways wow keep replying on your oppinions of mp4 or MP3 PLAYERS too. nice people, alot of replies. :cool:

Ion67
7th March 2007, 23:36
I don't understand your logic. I live in South Dakota, which isn't where Apple headquarters would be. Almost every single one of my friends have an Ipod, and do not want anything else. I have not heard of many cases of them breaking down.

Zabiela
8th March 2007, 01:32
Omg! Your town must have had the secret batch of unbreakable-unless-in-bookbag ipods that apple secretly made and secretly shipped somewhere secret because secrets are the shit.
And that proves that all other ipods are shite.

Gunner Elite
8th March 2007, 04:45
Omg! Your town must have had the secret batch of unbreakable-unless-in-bookbag ipods that apple secretly made and secretly shipped somewhere secret because secrets are the shit.
And that proves that all other ipods are shite.

nice logic! i like it! :p oh and sooooo true it is! secrets are the shit!

Alt
21st September 2007, 23:42
What the hell is a Zune? /sarcasm