PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have Samsung 225BW 22" Widescreen?

Can't See
1st March 2007, 20:29
I can't quite get the screen to look how I THINK it should look. Looks to bright and washed out with calibrating softare used. ANYONE with this moniter can u post your settings.

Thanks
Cant See

OR the 951BW will also do if anyone as that also

Zabiela
1st March 2007, 20:35
Why dont you just calibrate it yourself? Im confused. Usually washed out = too much brightness. On my crt my brightness is 70 for surfing, 80-85 for games. (%)

Also, no reason to have contrast any lower than 100.

Can't See
1st March 2007, 20:51
I have tried, but can't get the desired look I want since with colortune there is so many options and the software is not the easiest to use.

I mean i can get a decent useable picture but just like u calibrate your LCD HD TV for best picture quality. Spend $2000 on my TV, $600 on my 360, another $300 to $400 on games. Then I think it is worth it to drop 50 on the calibrating software.

I want my moniter to have the best picture also BUT the damn software is a pain in the ass to use. So vague.

Night Raider
1st March 2007, 20:57
Try using DisplayMate.

www.displaymate.com

Can't See
1st March 2007, 20:57
Why dont you just calibrate it yourself? Im confused. Usually washed out = too much brightness. On my crt my brightness is 70 for surfing, 80-85 for games. (%)

Also, no reason to have contrast any lower than 100.

Why do u have your contrast at 100? Contrast controls your white level, brightness controls your black levels. Either one to much will decrease screen life and put eye strain.

Paegus
1st March 2007, 20:58
you probably need to bottom out the brightness and drop your contrast to 60~80%

Can't See
1st March 2007, 20:59
Try using DisplayMate.

www.displaymate.com

Now thats what I needed, Thanks night. My boy always comes through

do u own it night?

if so how good is it

Night Raider
1st March 2007, 21:00
Now thats what I needed, Thanks night. My boy always comes through

do u own it night?

if so how good is it

No, I don't own it, but I've heard pretty good things about it.

Always glad to lend a helping hand. :)

Can't See
1st March 2007, 21:04
$69 for the downloadable version

Night Raider
1st March 2007, 21:05
Don't you mean $0 for downloadable version?

I better not say anything else.

Can't See
1st March 2007, 21:07
Only thing I see is http://www.digitalriver.com/dr/v2/ec_Main.Entry?SP=10007&SID=358&CID=0&CUR=840&DSP=0&PGRP=0&ABCODE=&CACHE_ID=0

I don't see anything for free if so post link

Paegus
1st March 2007, 21:10
i think he was making veiled references to methods of obtaining such programs for free but he can't go into great detail here since it's against the forum rules. and vaguely illegal.

though chances are if you can spend 2000$ on a display you can probably afford the 26$ on the calibrator.

Zabiela
1st March 2007, 21:13
Why do u have your contrast at 100? Contrast controls your white level

What? Contrast is the amount of color in my image. If I put it any lower it grays.

Can't See
1st March 2007, 21:13
Ok I got what ya saying now. Have not done that in years, since I got older and just could afford everything now

Night Raider
1st March 2007, 21:14
I have no idea of what you're saying.

Can't See
1st March 2007, 21:16
What? Contrast is the amount of color in my image. If I put it any lower it grays.

Nope

Brightness = Black levels
Contrast = White levels
Color = Gamma (red,Blue,green)

ALSO
your RGB level should be set to 6500k which is the closest to pure white

Zabiela
1st March 2007, 21:20
ALSO
your RGB level should be set to 6500k which is the closest to pure white

Hmm, im in 9300k, 6500 makes the screen yellow :confused:

Can't See
1st March 2007, 22:28
Hmm, im in 9300k, 6500 makes the screen yellow :confused:

humm just quoting from sources online

Can't See
1st March 2007, 22:30
Set your monitor's color temperature (white point) to 6500K, D65, or sRGB, which is equivalent to 6500K. This is preferable to setting it on video card or monitor calibration software. My monitor selections are 5000K (D50), 6500K (D65), and 9300K. Older monitors with no color temperature setting default to around 9000-9300K, which is far too blue to comfortably match prints viewed under incandescent light, which has color temperatures between 2600 and 4200K. The 5000K setting appears too dull and yellow on most CRT monitors.

that is quoted directly from a calibrating site. See most people THINK their screen looks good but once u get used the way it looks it is hard to tell what it SHOULD look like. You could be losing details that you paid for in your expensive monitor. That is why I want to get the most out of my monitor.

Paegus
1st March 2007, 22:46
i have to use custom settings (50,50,50 for RGB) instead of 6500 or 9300 as 9200 looks dull blue and 6500 looks slightly pink.

Can't See
1st March 2007, 22:53
See we all learning :D

Can't See
1st March 2007, 22:56
BRIGHTNESS
What it is: Also called black level, brightness actually adjusts how dark the black sections of the picture appear.

What it does: Excessive brightness can result in a two-dimensional, washed-out look with reduced color saturation. Images with brightness set too low lose detail in shadows, and distinctions between dark areas disappear in pools of black.

CONTRAST
What it is: Also called picture or white level, contrast controls the intensity of the white parts of the image and determines the overall light output of the display.

What it does: Contrast is usually set extremely high by default because it makes images look brighter in the store. High contrast can obscure details and distort lines in the image, cause eyestrain in dim rooms, and shorten the lifespan of tubes and plasma elements. Setting contrast too low robs the image of impact

Zabiela
2nd March 2007, 01:36
What it does: Contrast is usually set extremely high by default because it makes images look brighter in the store. High contrast can obscure details and distort lines in the image, cause eyestrain in dim rooms, and shorten the lifespan of tubes and plasma elements. Setting contrast too low robs the image of impact

Yes, and trust me, my monitor looks much sharper with 100 contrast.

The reason I dont use the autocalibrate, or similar programs, in the first place is because I look at it, and set it to what looks best in my eyes.:)

Also, during the daytime, I get glare, and setting the contrast any lower makes it impossible to play games, keep in mind I have a rounded CRT.

GrimReaper84
2nd March 2007, 01:52
Well my LG Flatron ez T910B (CRT :o ) sits at 39 Brightness and 75 Contrast. It's a good setting that only needs some Gamma adjustment on some games.

And yes I know CRT is the shitz but I don't have the cash to buy a LCD capable of handling FPSs.

Demented
2nd March 2007, 01:52
"Contrast", as defined by the contrast knob found on the front of primitive CRT monitors that I am so comfortable with, just looks best at maximum, with brightness set to low.
But LCDs defy such pure simplicity.
I hate LCDs. Hate!

They're okay for some things, but in almost any situation, I'd prefer a CRT. They're just kind of hard to use comfortably on portable computers.

Zabiela
2nd March 2007, 03:14
My only experience with LCDs is with one that had pixels so big you could see them individually. It SUCKED, hardcore. Im sure they're better nowdays :p

Oh, and when I set hl2 to too high a resolution on that monitor, it would just go black, and I had no idea what the command line could be used for, or config files, but anyway I had to find an old crt and plug it in to change the resolution again :D

edit: HAHAHAH I even remember now at first I wrote down exactly how many times I had to press tab and enter in hl2 to get to the resolution part of the options menu on another computer, and tried to recreate it on the black LCD to get the resolution back down, hahaha good times.