PDA

View Full Version : A fond farewell

edit°
28th February 2007, 13:11
I'm jacking gaming in completely because as fun as it is, its just completely unfruitfull outside of a small burst of enjoyment that I could better get elsewhere. Its too tempting to just sit there for hours and hours and hours when I've got other things I could and should be doing. The only way I can really knock gaming on the head is to just do it all in a one-er so I've cleaned my PC out and set to on some essays I've been meaning to write. I've got my driving test on friday, some intense decision making with regards to college and moving out to start thinking about so it makes sense to draw this to a close now.

Its impossible to write one of these sorts of threads without coming out looking (at least to those who don't know you) as an attention whore so I'll make no great explanations or excuses. Just thought I'd give a cheerio to anyone who I've played with and who doesn't have me on msn. Speaking of which, if anyone wants to add me on msn just sling me a PM. Don't do it if you're going to just chat shit about the weather and/or never talk (have never spoken?) to me. You'd be wasting your time and mine, thus contradicting all the reasons I want and need to quit games.

Despite the part of me saying "its not that big a thing" theres the rest of me that can remember coming home and spending hours unwinding with a few drinks on games after the workday had ended most week-nights, so I suppose I am drawing a line under a considerable chunk of whats been my teenage life, as sad as that sounds. Its wierd that you never notice just how much gaming you do until you decide you've had enough :rolleyes:

I hope of all the mod teams I've seen before that this one stay together and go on to really make waves in gaming later. You're cohesive enough (or at least appear that way to us peons :D ) and have just the right level of willingness to compromise to really do something great.

True to form I've made something that could have been done in three lines last for paragraph after paragraph. Good Luck and good health to everybody n all that jazz ;) Ciao.

Ging
28th February 2007, 13:20
Catch you on msn lad at some point lad.

Paegus
28th February 2007, 13:30
best of luck with thing in yonder reality...

i've tried it a few times but never had the will power... mainly because i didn't up and throw out the games.

QReaper
28th February 2007, 13:47
Damn, real life is taking all my friends...wait, the same thing can be said about WoW.:mad:

Well, Edit, I hope you do good for yourself...you'll be back...they always come back...:p

-SM-SUCKER
28th February 2007, 14:37
Sad but not a false decision. Hope you get something done, "real life" still is the most important thing in life ;). Maybe at some point in your life you will get back and play a bit to have some fun. I quit with CS some yours ago because I realised it wasn't fun anymore. Later I got back to gaming and had more fun and spend less time on playing games.
Damn Hidden! I'm playing several hours again...

Chas0r
28th February 2007, 15:06
Well, a farewell would be out of place here since you don't just disappear from the online world; so I'll just confine myself to gaming now: the few times we had a chance to play together were really fun, and you utterly quitting gaming is a great loss of a gamer (damn, that sounded more dramatic than I intended^^)

I myself reduced the gaming almost a year ago, I think I play less than 5 hours a week, weekends included. I guess that's passable.

I don't know wether you plan to stay on the forum, if you aren't - see you on MSN then! Good luck with.. whatever keeps you occupied right now :)

Mr_Spoon
28th February 2007, 15:28
Farewell, my love.

Can't See
28th February 2007, 15:46
Later edit.

I did same thing, I removed alot of my games and started focusing more on Single player games i can get 30 mins to a hour here and there through the week and have a good story experience. Kinda like reading a book.

I suggest something of that sort, cause life is short so enjoy the little things that make it more enjoyable.

Have a good one man
Later
Can't See

starstriker1
28th February 2007, 16:01
Enjoy that "real life" thing I keep hearing about.

...I've gotta try that thing some time!

The.ViruS
28th February 2007, 16:09
Dont do it mate. You will regret it. Games take the stress out of life and a place to escape from familys.

Gusdor
28th February 2007, 16:19
/hail
You a top lad! Bitch at me on MSn sometime

Boxy
28th February 2007, 16:26
You will be back. You had better come back. Don't make me come slap you about you Yorkshire bastard. Why not reduce your play amount rather than binning it completely?

Daedalus
28th February 2007, 16:26
Dont do it mate. You will regret it. Games take the stress out of life and a place to escape from familys.

Blasting music in the headphones is good at that too you know.

You know I wish I could quit gaming, since I'd have lots of productive things to do! Learning actionscript, 3dsmax, creating stuff in photoshop, heck lots of things.

But I won't. :o

Later edit, good luck irl. I heard they have really nice graphics there.

SoulAssassin
28th February 2007, 16:36
I would say just try and cut down not give up totaly. I dont play on my PC no more, and tried giving up gaming to make the gf happy. But found, like virus said gaming helps take the stress out of life. Now i mainly just play on my xbox and check the forums of games i used to play. And if i get the chance jump on the PC for a few rounds on my fav games.

QReaper
28th February 2007, 16:37
You will be back. You had better come back. Don't make me come slap you about you Yorkshire bastard. Why not reduce your play amount rather than binning it completely?
o_0

Damn Boxy, I'm not sure if that was angry or a joke.

Alt
28th February 2007, 17:35
You have made either the most stupid, or smart decision of your adolescent life. Good luck ;)

Phaedrus
28th February 2007, 18:49
He will crack when the shakes start to set in. Good luck mate.

Zabiela
28th February 2007, 21:16
I just walked back in my door after missing my 30 minute interval bus, missing my first class, AND I READ A MOTIVATIONAL ESSAY GODDAMN.

Well good luck to you edit. Dont miss your bus untill friday.

Demented
28th February 2007, 23:29
Motivational essays should be illegal.

Leave if you must, but don't ever forget!

Isolation
1st March 2007, 02:43
And thus, the beast that is "Real Life (tm)" claims another victim...

ALAS!

Be good, Edit.

Prometheus
1st March 2007, 17:44
Even though I have never met you I feel like I am losing a friend here almost. Best of luck mate you taught me well ;)

Klo
1st March 2007, 17:51
Although I rarely post, I feel I am justified in saying goodbye.

Goodbye, and good luck!

Mayhem
1st March 2007, 18:00
Better late than never.

Good luck with real-life. Don't mess your head too much with those college papers. :)

Naib
2nd March 2007, 09:48
See you Edit. You were always one guys I looked out for on a server, as you made the game fun to play :)

edit°
2nd March 2007, 14:46
Cheers for the words lads. I just passed my driving test so this is pretty much cemented now. :D

The.ViruS
2nd March 2007, 15:52
Drivings not all its cracked up to me. I have almost crashed 5 times in the past 2 days.

Chas0r
2nd March 2007, 16:08
Cheers for the words lads. I just passed my driving test so this is pretty much cemented now. :D
Roughly one month after me.. I guess we're both late :) Congratz nevertheless!
PS: Driving in this city is rather a loss of time: I was just searching for a parking lot for 40 minutes, no kidding..

Sir Wankus Magpie
6th March 2007, 17:21
You know guys its not impossible to have a Real life and be a gamer as well.

Mayhem
6th March 2007, 17:26
You know guys its not impossible to have a Real life and be a gamer as well.

More of a joke. At least I have a reallife also.
E: Don't make this a debate thread. Make a new one, if you like to discuss.
/offtopic

Just had to say this also.

edit, Ill brainwash you with Finnish artistic rock :D Just ask for it in MSN. Gratz for finishing driving school and best wishes for the future :)