PDA

View Full Version : Singeplayer? Please.

Gunner Elite
28th February 2007, 11:29
I Think there could be alot of profit for you guys to ADD, not change the game, just ADD, singleplayer to the hidden source, it would be great! people wouldnt be such noobs on the net if they practiced on singleplayer.
Just a suggestion from The Suggestions Man. :cool:

Oh And thought yous would like these, the second one is from facepunch lol, me being the smartass i am, BANNED! click on them for full size.

Daedalus
28th February 2007, 11:38
Singleplayer isn't really good for this game. In order to have singleplayer you'd need bots that should be able to "see" the hidden similar to how humans would do. Which is not that easy for the coders.

The way I see it, the only singleplayer this game could have would be some sort of puzzle minigame where the hidden completes a number of puzzles...

Like slashing things sitting on poles above a bottomless pit or accurately throwing phys objects at stuff. ;)

Gunner Elite
28th February 2007, 11:41
exactly, atleast they will have their skills tuned to it.
but can it be turned around to daedalus? can we have them put as IRIS? that would be fun, a computer hidden, new concept?
and by the way about the bots thing, look at my last thread lol.
http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?t=7927

edit
28th February 2007, 12:14
An assault course for the hidden might be a good idea. Get drawing :)

Matto
28th February 2007, 12:24
Well since in b5 you'll have smarter bots you'll just create a server and practice there.

Ging
28th February 2007, 12:47
Well since in b5 you'll have smarter bots you'll just create a server and practice there.

That's not true, at all.

Daedalus
28th February 2007, 12:56
That's not true, at all.

Will the bots have their phys shadows working? I think it's been discussed but I can't remember if it made the to-do list for b5.

Screw AI, I just wanna throw stuff at them! :D

Paegus
28th February 2007, 14:11
in the mean time just toss stuff around in marine spawn... you'll find the phys hit-boxes there and the bot will warp back when you hit them... with a prop at least.

Daedalus
28th February 2007, 17:28
in the mean time just toss stuff around in marine spawn... you'll find the phys hit-boxes there and the bot will warp back when you hit them... with a prop at least.

I know dude, I know. But it's really annoying to do that and you'll only find 4-5 of them.

As far as I can remember a dev said that it's not that hard to get the phys boxes right, so I keep wondering if it will make b5.

Paegus
28th February 2007, 18:02
it hasn't yet... nudge nudge...

blackhawk
1st March 2007, 06:47
Singleplayer isn't really good for this game. In order to have singleplayer you'd need bots that should be able to "see" the hidden similar to how humans would do. Which is not that easy for the coders.

The way I see it, the only singleplayer this game could have would be some sort of puzzle minigame where the hidden completes a number of puzzles...

Like slashing things sitting on poles above a bottomless pit or accurately throwing phys objects at stuff. ;)

i think that would be pretty cool.."like the game called portals coming out" like you would have to accomplish somthing a lil hard to get threw or to the next level..

Gunner Elite
1st March 2007, 07:18
So... im wondering will there be bots? will there be a single player? make it simple, its a yes or no answer. no technical hibiity jibbity. I hope we can have a singleplayer mode or bots, that would be great.

Daedalus
1st March 2007, 13:33
So... im wondering will there be bots? will there be a single player? make it simple, its a yes or no answer. no technical hibiity jibbity. I hope we can have a singleplayer mode or bots, that would be great.

They won't work on bots or singleplayer. There's other (more important) stuff they're working on! :p

LiquidMetal
2nd March 2007, 00:46
A sandbox type of playmode where you can practice things on poles or practice with phys, like someone mentioned earlier, would be a good idea though, and it doesn't seem too difficult or time-consuming to do.

Paegus
2nd March 2007, 00:48
aka a tutorial...

starstriker1
2nd March 2007, 02:26
OH! HEY! We've got one of those things! SHWEETNESS.

Gunner Elite
2nd March 2007, 08:59
Well for some people the tutorial has not worked since i download b3. people such as me. ive tried suggestions of how to get rid of this authentication library thing but nothing has worked.

Paegus
2nd March 2007, 09:07
well yeha but i was thinking a slightly more fleshed out tutorial. and since this is all speculation for b5 we wont be worrying about authentication libraries as any singleplayer would, if applied to B4 give you the exact same error.

Gunner Elite
2nd March 2007, 09:41
PS: i cant wait for b5, it would be so great, maybe later add a singleplayer mod, of some sort, dont have to do it now, just work on it sometime, it'll bring alot more players into the hiden source i think.
This is another suggestion by the Suggestions Man.:cool:

starstriker1
2nd March 2007, 15:33
What you're suggesting is an absurd amount of work for little payoff that would detract from the mod's focus: multiplayer. It ain't happening...

ThunderDan
2nd March 2007, 16:17
Nah - it's really easy.
Use HL2 - levels characters and all. Incorporate pounce.

Note: the bad guys will be able to see you. It's like a prequel or sequel to the multiplayer - so you can explain that the guards have thermal goggles.
Other than the maps being designed to be played from the ground this should be sufficient.

Also, I wouldn't release this with any version of the mod. I wouldn't even admit its association to the mod. Dump it on some forum as a knife only, super jump mod for hl2.

Paegus
2nd March 2007, 18:15
just remember to ignore all the 'hey you're not supposed to be here' nodraw-ed surfaces and backface-less models...

Gunner Elite
2nd March 2007, 23:22
i would have thought the geniouses :P that made the hidden source would come up with something to stop them from looking at the hidden until they could actually sorta see him. Maybe you's could make a boundry, like when the hiddens there they cant see him or shoot him until he is atleast in a certain range from the bots or hl2 characters... suggestions?

starstriker1
2nd March 2007, 23:50
1) No.
2) Bots, and the details thereof, have been discussed.

Matto
3rd March 2007, 01:06
That's not true, at all.

Whoa, really? What have I been on!?

Sonic
3rd March 2007, 04:06
Whoa, really? What have I been on!?

Nooberol! Clinical proven by scientists to make you a raving lunatic, capable of thwarting and bit of common sense with complete idiocy!

-Nooberol: prescription stupidity for the world to share

Matto
3rd March 2007, 12:04
Hilarious. I mean it.

..I could swear a while back bots were mentioned but I guess that was a while ago.

Ging
3rd March 2007, 13:07
Bots were mentioned - but never with a specified timeframe and certainly not with any mention of appearing in B5.

-SM-SUCKER
3rd March 2007, 13:36
Bots were mentioned - but never with a specified timeframe and certainly not with any mention ofappearing in B5.
I can read between the lines

QReaper
3rd March 2007, 16:45
Ellipses marks do wonders in any statement.

Gunner Elite
4th March 2007, 08:04
hey cool i came on here um 2 weeks ago and ive got the second highest replied thread in the suggestions thread. Cool :cool:

Gusdor
4th March 2007, 11:44
I Think there could be alot of profit
ummm

Ging
4th March 2007, 13:21
hey cool i came on here um 2 weeks ago and ive got the second highest replied thread in the suggestions thread. Cool :cool:

The majority of which are saying "no" - get used to it, it's gonna keep happening.

Gunner Elite
5th March 2007, 06:35
Wow 'ging' nice, abusing someone doesnt make you a larger more popular person.

Demented
5th March 2007, 06:45
The funny thing is, Ging has single-handedly proven that abusing someone DOES make you a larger and more popular person. At least, among a crowd of people who play a game that involves an insane, invisible stalker killing paramilitary-types in desolated urban areas.

Paegus
5th March 2007, 09:17
he's like our own personal Gord

Ging
5th March 2007, 09:55
Wow 'ging' nice, abusing someone doesnt make you a larger more popular person.

I'm not here to be a more popular person... You've been a member for nearly a year, so you should be aware of that by now.

Gunner Elite
5th March 2007, 11:16
I'm not here to be a more popular person... You've been a member for nearly a year, so you should be aware of that by now.

really? wow, 2 weeks must feel like a year...
and lolz to what demented said:

play a game that involves an insane, invisible stalker killing paramilitary-types in desolated urban areas.
lol, you have a good point there, can send people around the loop. TRIPPY! :eek:

Ging
5th March 2007, 11:59
Your join date is May 2006 - that's more than 2 weeks...

khu
5th March 2007, 11:59
I Think there could be alot of profit for you guys to ADD, not change the game, just ADD, singleplayer to the hidden source,

Ooh! Profit! Where? How much? Will it pay for a new hard drive or sample library?

QReaper
5th March 2007, 20:14
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j167/QReaper113/orly.jpg

Ion67
5th March 2007, 23:31
Ging is abusive. Live with it. It is very fun abusing people who can not count. Profit is where you make an income, not where people like it but don't pay for it. Learn your facts. That is all.

starstriker1
6th March 2007, 01:26
The majority of which are saying "no" - get used to it, it's gonna keep happening.

He wasn't even being abusive. Its a fact... the majority of us ARE saying no, and further discussion on the topic will lean in that direction because we've been over the damn subject roughly 386.5 times and counting.

Ging
6th March 2007, 01:29
Ging is abusive.

It's rare for me to be directly abusive - I certainly wasn't in this case, just pointing out the situation.

Zabiela
6th March 2007, 01:45
I think ging should be able to spank people at their desks.

starstriker1
6th March 2007, 02:20
All in favour of NOT following that thought to it's conclusion, say aye!

Aye!

Isolation
6th March 2007, 02:53
Aye. Very, very Aye...

Gunner Elite
6th March 2007, 03:45
aye, me arties, ok ging, i ahd a bad day, so what... sorry. you can now close this topic, or leave it open for further deliberation. :cool:
Another suggestion by the Suggestions Man ;)
oh and shutup about the profit thing, Gees.
Oh and i have been a member for a year? wrong! may isnt around yet so nah! lol :) my birthdays in may i turn 18.

Isolation
6th March 2007, 03:48
10 months. Semantics.

starstriker1
6th March 2007, 04:42
I'm going to request that you stop referring to yourself as the "suggestions man".

Demented
6th March 2007, 04:51
He'll take it as a suggestion.

Gunner Elite
6th March 2007, 11:40
striker, your request is denied! it does not say im any good at suggestions, its that i give them alot, doesnt mean you have to do anything about it lol. and yes im taking it as a suggestion, and NO! :P

Zabiela
6th March 2007, 21:13
it does not say im any good at suggestions, its that i give them alot

So Ging WAS right.

Isolation
6th March 2007, 21:16
You thought otherwise? Of course, in this case, I'm sure Ging was not the only one :rolleyes:

Mounce
7th March 2007, 08:02
The maze/puzzle stuff would be fun :p

reminds me of Prince of Persia, do it like that, you must be QUICK, NIMBLE, and a good hopper/jumper!

All the levels would comprise of is different facilities that the hidden has to escape, as if he was captured, or the story of how he got out to begin with before IRIS chased him down

I think it would be an awesome idea, you wouldn't need bots, maybe a few harmless scientists to butcher, but I think it could work without action :D

Daedalus
7th March 2007, 11:45
it does not say im any good at suggestions, its that i give them alot

Quality > Quantity.

Gunner Elite
8th March 2007, 05:47
Quantity > Quality! anyways i think some people agree with me so yeah...:cool:

starstriker1
8th March 2007, 06:06
Alright, subtlety isn't working.

Tone it down a bit. You're coming off as arrogant. Also, the idea is unworkable, already been given the community no, already been given the DEV TEAM no, and has been discussed to death.

Mounce
8th March 2007, 15:14
Tone it down a bit. You're coming off as arrogant.

Who are you talking to??

Daedalus
8th March 2007, 15:43
Who are you talking to??

He's talking to Gunner geez man calm down srsly

Mounce
8th March 2007, 17:15
He's talking to Gunner geez man calm down srsly

how the hell do i need to be told to calm down in a post like that??

it has 2 question marks, and No capitalization, Please do not say 'calm down' as any time that happens, it just agitates me, because 99% of the god damn time, people say that when I am calm, and it pisses me off....

GEEZ......

Phaedrus
8th March 2007, 17:21
Mounce, I get the feeling that with you there is a thin line between calm and pissed.

Ging
8th March 2007, 17:55
Indeed, Mounce, you want to start being really careful about how you come across on here - currently all I'm seeing is nothing particularly friendly or useful.

Daedalus
8th March 2007, 19:52

it has 2 question marks, and No capitalization, Please do not say 'calm down' as any time that happens, it just agitates me, because 99% of the god damn time, people say that when I am calm, and it pisses me off....

GEEZ......

WHOA MAN OKAY GET AWAY FROM ME

Zabiela
8th March 2007, 20:39
Mounce, everyone knows its best to take out your anger on your computer rig, with a hammer.

Gunner Elite
9th March 2007, 10:33
oh man, i know its been discussed alot, but people dont stop, its not me carrying on the conversation is it, lol. stop saying its a no from these guys, its a no from them, I KNOW! shit! im not the one carrying it on saying it still should be put through. lock the subject if you dont want people replying lol. :rolleyes:

Phaedrus
9th March 2007, 16:03
oh man, i know its been discussed alot, but people dont stop, its not me carrying on the conversation is it, lol. stop saying its a no from these guys, its a no from them, I KNOW! shit! im not the one carrying it on saying it still should be put through. lock the subject if you dont want people replying lol. :rolleyes:

People are still posting here?

Mounce
10th March 2007, 04:36
why are people acting like i'm angry when i'm not!?!? that's what is so annoying! I'm not even ANGRY!!

The maze/puzzle stuff would be fun

reminds me of Prince of Persia, do it like that, you must be QUICK, NIMBLE, and a good hopper/jumper!

All the levels would comprise of is different facilities that the hidden has to escape, as if he was captured, or the story of how he got out to begin with before IRIS chased him down

I think it would be an awesome idea, you wouldn't need bots, maybe a few harmless scientists to butcher, but I think it could work without action

Who are you talking to??

GEEZ......

OUT OF 3 POSTS.......the only thing that shows 'SLIGHT' of ANYTHING related to anger, even when it wasn't, is the words 'hell' and 'god damn', NOW......Why is everyone going: "WHOAOaOAOAOAOAOAOAO!!!! Calm down dude! You're anger(of saying hell and god damn) are wayyyy to insulting! and shows a fierce aura of anger towards everything and everyone." In all seriousness, unless this is some annoying gigantic joke or game of 'lets bug Mounce altogether and see what happens!', then this is disturbingly agitating and unrealistic.....and don't you DARE say that this post has any ANGER IN IT.......ITS CONFUSION!

Phaedrus
10th March 2007, 04:48
lock please.

Mounce
10th March 2007, 05:07
Ugh....

ComeToJesus
10th March 2007, 05:57
Ugh....

Whoaaaa, there's no need for that tone.

Gunner Elite
10th March 2007, 06:01
People are still posting here?
lol see...
im right arent i, ARENT I! lol ;)

Mounce
10th March 2007, 06:06
Whoaaaa, there's no need for that tone.

rofl....now I can totally see that you're joking, but its hard when i see Phaedrus, Ging, Daedalus, AND Zabiela at the SAME TIME, saying about anger, when there was none.....

its like you ate a piece of cake, but everyone in your family blames you for eating the whole thing when you only had one slice...

Phaedrus
10th March 2007, 06:21
its like you ate a piece of cake, but everyone in your family blames you for eating the whole thing when you only had one slice...

ComeToJesus
10th March 2007, 07:33

I HATE it when that happens.

Daedalus
10th March 2007, 09:31
@Mounce:

Dude, it's just funny how you react. Chill out, we're just messing with you most of the time. :p

Gunner Elite
10th March 2007, 11:01
lmao why is everyone stil posting damn it! just stfu and get on with real discusions, damn people! :eek:

Whatever but this is about singleplayer and it has 'apparently' been desided on it. so go post elsewhere and an admin to clos or lock this.

Ging
10th March 2007, 11:04
why are people acting like i'm angry when i'm not!?!? that's what is so annoying! I'm not even ANGRY!!

It's how you come across - it's distinctly aggressive, whether it's angry or not has nothing to do with it as far as I'm concerned.

and don't you DARE say that this post has any ANGER IN IT.......ITS CONFUSION!

Those caps, they don't help your cause - they make you seem angry and aggressive. We can't tell how you're really reacting and based on your posts we make the logical conclusion that you're either trolling or responding without jest.

I suggest you find a different posting style that makes it clear when you are joking, being serious or being annoyed. I won't accept further outbursts and the next one I see will bring you a 3 day ban.

Gunner Elite
10th March 2007, 12:31
lol to the threat...
3 days, how could anyone go without the forums for 3 days, i mean wow!
lol jokes. this thread is still not closed? :confused:

Ging
10th March 2007, 13:27
You're right, 3 days isn't enough - come back in 2 weeks.

Phaedrus
10th March 2007, 16:52
You're right, 3 days isn't enough - come back in 2 weeks.

Lol. That's harsh, but hilarious. Ging, you are one bad mofo.

Mounce
10th March 2007, 19:39
Thats why usually I am 'Forced' to type a big fat 'LOL' at the end of everything, because laughing afterwards shows that you aren't being serious, or that what you just said was for a laugh, but then AFTER I did that, people started saying: "Wtf is wrong with you? can't you post something without saying Lol? retard!", So....I do a mix, but me being angry, and the opposite, should be plain-in-sight or obvious....

Obvious signs that show that I am infact ANGRY as well as the average person? - Lots of Cussing... Insulting....anything strongly Negative.... but putting some words into capitalization or using very small slight-cuss words, Should not, at ALL show any signs of anger, negativity or anything....

BOOOOBS! (I said boobs with anger.....? or excitement....) .....Idunno :confused:

starstriker1
10th March 2007, 22:31
Hint: avoid using CAPITALS WHEN THEY AREN'T NECESSARY! ;)

Seriously, all caps represent yelling in a text only environment. They're probably why people are misinterpreting you. If you need to emphasis something, use bold or italics, the forum supports them. Failing that, surrounding a word with * has the same effect as bolding it.

QReaper
10th March 2007, 22:33
CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

Okay, sorry guys, that was obligatory. Anyway, is it just me, or does this thread look like it could use a nice white padlock?

Demented
11th March 2007, 00:54
Failing that, surrounding a word with * has the same effect as bolding it.

Asterisks denote emote, not emotion.

I.e.

*bursts a crucial blood vessel*
Aiiiieee! My blood is pouring from my EYES!!

This message from your friendly neighbourhood chatNazi.

starstriker1
11th March 2007, 01:14
Actually, asterisks are the shortcut in word for bolding a word. Typing in *hello* results in hello being bolded. So it's a valid substitution that I've seen often.

And yes, it's also used for emotes.

...I need a life.

Mounce
11th March 2007, 05:01
Oh Wow, thanks guys, i feel happy that such wonderful people have come to help and show me the righteous way to the path of enlightenment![/hahajoke]

on the serious note, Yea, i've got a bad habit of putting Capitals, but i don't but caps lock on, i just make it so the words are bigger to make it 'show' out more so people will know I mean seriousness when expressing the words chosen.

like "I am VERY glad I met you." (Its not anger is it? Its not yelling, capitalization could just express at a higher altitude how you're saying it, make people feel more loved?)

Different habits occur and pass away, whether people view it wrong is not my problem.....Sometimes..... :o :(

starstriker1
11th March 2007, 05:27
Yeah. It's appropriate depending on the word... just be careful which one's you're stressing.

Mounce
11th March 2007, 06:35
Its a little too late for you to say that, past 2 days people have taken me so seriously or that they think I'm angry when I'm not, very troublesome.

Cyborg
11th March 2007, 06:59
like "I am VERY glad I met you." (Its not anger is it? Its not yelling, capitalization could just express at a higher altitude how you're saying it, make people feel more loved?)

you sound sarcastic. stinkoman says, "Is this some sort of sarcasology challenge?!?!"

starstriker1
11th March 2007, 07:16
Its a little too late for you to say that, past 2 days people have taken me so seriously or that they think I'm angry when I'm not, very troublesome.

So you can avoid 363 more days of being thought of as an angry, angry man. :P

Mounce
11th March 2007, 10:04
you sound sarcastic. stinkoman says, "Is this some sort of sarcasology challenge?!?!"

Hahaha, No, i wasn't being sarcastic, I was being serious in that Post, saying, Just because something is capitalized, doesn't mean it always is angry or of yelling, the example being the word 'VERY' its not being shouted, or its nothing to due with anger......Capitalizations aren't 'Always' Anger....

Thats all i wanted to say, and 'sarcasology' isn't even a word! :confused:

Demented
11th March 2007, 10:31
Don't tell stinkoman that. He takes his sarcasology VERY seriously.

Felf
11th March 2007, 18:41
I'm a sarcasm ninja. I'm unhappy to have missed most of the thread :( Damn my hate of the default skin and problems with getting it to come to this cool-ass black/grey hidden skin (problems now fixed).

You know what'd be a good idea? Singleplayer.

Mounce
12th March 2007, 08:13
You know what'd be a good idea? Singleplayer.

lol......