PDA

View Full Version : Command & Conquer 3 Vs. Supreme Commander

GrimReaper84
27th February 2007, 22:06
OK, I know I'm gonna cop some hate for this one but SOMEONE is gonna start it sooner or latter and I still need to entrench myself as the resident forum asshole since we can't rely on Sonic anymore. :p

I don't want bashing of the game(s) you don't like. I'd just like to see a few other opinions on these two RTS giants.

For me personally my choice is Supreme Commander. I've never been a huge fan of the C&C games (too fucking hard for starters) and thus I'm outside of it's target audience. The C&C Fans.

Supreme Commander just plays and flows MUCH better then C&C3 and frankly I'll take that over Kane any day. (ohhh MAN am I gonna get some hate for that one)

QReaper
27th February 2007, 22:32
Neither of them really are much my taste, really. Judging from Demos alone, I had more fun with C&C3, but it was close. The nostalgia for C&C probably just got to me to give that the thumbs up.:o

Demented
27th February 2007, 23:04
*curses the deific forces of fate for preventing him from playing either*

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNN!!!!

Can't See
28th February 2007, 15:50
I HATE C&C series and I was hoping for SC to be decent but I am kinda just falling out of the RTS games.

MUCH MUCH more waiting STALKER

Daedalus
28th February 2007, 16:37
Where's the "You idiot Grim." option?

J/K LOL.

Anyway, SupCom ran like crap on my computer, but it seemed like a great game.

C&C looks awesome as well.

I choose both. It's not like I have to part from any of my monies to play the games. :D

Sonic
2nd March 2007, 10:49
Gah! C&C! It's freaking gay! Instantaneous buildings a-AAAAAARGH. I CAN'T DO IT! I LOVE C&C!

I tried Grim! I tried....

Felf
3rd March 2007, 12:58
Man I love CnC. Got really into it quite late in the fanchise - but I love the cake now. I don't like the style of play in SupCom - didn't enjoy it at all. Each to their own though.

(Oh yer, and CnC rocks you phat socks off.)

QReaper
3rd March 2007, 15:32
I must say, I'm beginning to enjoy CnC3 a little more now, after some extra playtime and tactic production.

Ging
3rd March 2007, 15:39
I've got SC sat next to me - but it's waiting a machine upgrade before getting installed, if C&C3 comes out in the mean time, I'll pick that up too...

ProgrammedToConsume
4th March 2007, 00:04
I still need to entrench myself as the resident forum asshole

Hey! that's my job!

Gusdor
4th March 2007, 10:41
ive tried to play Supcom a few times but i really didn't get on with it. I couldnt understand the reason for it being bog slow and i thought the units looked crap. The UI hasn't really been given a very nice upgrade from TA....

CnC3 is pretty awesome. I like.

Ging
4th March 2007, 12:20
ive tried to play Supcom a few times but i really didn't get on with it. I couldnt understand the reason for it being bog slow and i thought the units looked crap. The UI hasn't really been given a very nice upgrade from TA....

Get lost, loser.

:p

Gusdor
4th March 2007, 17:09
:d

Sonic
4th March 2007, 17:24
Fight! Fight! Fight!

*psssst!*You can take him, Gus!

ProgrammedToConsume
4th March 2007, 17:53
Ooo, nerd fight. Gus will win.:P

Ah, Ging and Gus, like two assholes on their first date.

QReaper
4th March 2007, 18:03
Less Gears of War for you Xemnas.

ProgrammedToConsume
4th March 2007, 18:05
Aye, agreed. I'm going to go crazy(er) if I lose to general Raam one more time on insane.

Ging
4th March 2007, 22:20
I lose to general Raam one more time on insane.

You appear to suck at Gears...

Gusdor
4th March 2007, 23:38
He went down EZ mode. The truck ride on the other hand..fuck that

QReaper
4th March 2007, 23:52
The part with the Troikas and the flying tentacle monsters?

Yeah, that was a humongous pain in the ass.

Back to the topic at hand: Now I want to play as the Scrin.:(

ProgrammedToConsume
6th March 2007, 19:49
You appear to suck at Gears...

I will say this to you once in all seriousness, go die.

Qreaper obviously sucks even more, he didn't even make it that far.:P

Ging
6th March 2007, 23:06
I will say this to you once in all seriousness, go die.

it would seem that's your job while being shit at gears...

QReaper
7th March 2007, 00:34
he didn't even make it that far.:P
Or maybe I didn't bother. At least I know how to conserve Torque Bow shots so I can actually kill the last boss.

ProgrammedToConsume
8th March 2007, 15:45
For the record qreaper, you would never get past the troika without it.

Ging, unlike you apparently, I actually have a life that excludes gaming. Well being a coder gives you an excuse I guess.

Daedalus
8th March 2007, 15:57
Ging, unlike you apparently, I actually have a life that excludes gaming.

Lol kk.

But will you ever make something as awesome as this mod in your lifetime?

Ging
8th March 2007, 16:11
Ging, unlike you apparently, I actually have a life that excludes gaming.

So you have nothing at all? I'd feel sorry for you, but I don't like you enough... Don't come back any time soon, ok?

Phaedrus
8th March 2007, 16:18
Ba-ba-banned!!

Demented
8th March 2007, 20:56
Or maybe I didn't bother. At least I know how to conserve Torque Bow shots so I can actually kill the last boss.

Say what?

I better start swallowing money.

Felf
11th March 2007, 17:50
Hmmm, I enjoyed playing as nod ^^... Well, sandboxing really. *felford puts the computer on easy then cruises a bunch on engineers into the NOD base to have a play around with all the different units and investigate the tech-tree*... I was a GLA Stealth player for Generals, so I'm thinking NOD in TibWars. Hmmm, I can't wait to use those shadow teams on a real player. And stealth tanks. I can just see a line of predators advancing on my base only to be annihilated by a squad of stealth tanks in their rear.

Supcom: Still not getting on with it, having played the full game for a few hours the other day. Won't be buying it.

Ging, unlike you apparently, I actually have a life that excludes gaming. Well being a coder gives you an excuse I guess.

You mean there's something in this world BEYOND gaming and posting on forums about the games you play? Zounds, I knew I was missing something. Now you must excuse me, while I go slay some heathens. VIRTUAL heathens that is ;)

Daedalus
11th March 2007, 17:56
Just tried the C&C 3 demo, it's pretty cool. And it runs very well on med settings, while SupCom barely keeps up on low. (Could be me doing something wrong though)

Kinda funny though, these drivers must be the cause of my game crashes. I just had the ion cannon in the first mission, and right before everything freaking blew up my computer rebooted. :D

Felf
11th March 2007, 18:04
ooo, unfortunate! That is one mighty-impressive ion cannon, though I'm not sure how it compares to the superweapons of old :rolleyes: I'd say it's pretty rockin', and i like the new 7min timer (as supposed to the old FOUR min timer for the USA particle cannon, which as admittedly rather less destructive).

Daedalus
11th March 2007, 18:09
Cool, reinstalled the untweaked nvidia drivers and now C&C won't start. :rolleyes:

Felf
14th March 2007, 20:35
Two words: Owned.

Try installing newer drivers? :s Or old ones?

Daedalus
15th March 2007, 16:45
Welcome to last week, Felf. :p

I managed to make it work via system restore, and it worked out nicely. I still have no idea what crashes my games though. My rig is not overheating as all monitors show normal temperatures and nothing is overclocked.

Cyborg
16th March 2007, 07:41

I managed to make it work via system restore, and it worked out nicely. I still have no idea what crashes my games though. My rig is not overheating as all monitors show normal temperatures and nothing is overclocked.

Gnomes.

Your problem is gnomes...

Felf
16th March 2007, 18:36

'twas only 3 days between posts! :O

Glad it works now though... When it comes out, methinks we should get a nice big game going of all the Hidden people who love CnC... I'm not that great at this one - although I was never all that good at the others either. Hard with a little handicap is my limit at the moment - but I've not played this one too much...

Mr. Bottomhat
17th March 2007, 10:14
SC:BW>SupCom>Myth2:Soulblighter>Blitzkrieg>Ground Control>Dune2>C&C

imho

Daedalus
17th March 2007, 11:40
SC:BW>SupCom>Myth2:Soulblighter>Blitzkrieg>Ground Control>Dune2>C&C

imho

KEKEKE ZERG RUSH

Also, where's my starcraft 2?

Felf
17th March 2007, 19:23
What even IS "SC:BW" ??

And CnC is clearly at the top of that list. Like a giant monkey in a big tree.

Ging
17th March 2007, 19:52
StarCraft: Brood War

Felf
17th March 2007, 20:16
ah, I've heard of it. I don't know anyone who plays it though, so I'm forced to conclude that it probably sucks.

GrimReaper84
17th March 2007, 21:03
It's the expansion pack to SC.

Daedalus
17th March 2007, 21:59
ah, I've heard of it. I don't know anyone who plays it though, so I'm forced to conclude that it probably sucks.

It must suck if it's so old and people can still have more fun on it than on more recent strategy games amirite? :rolleyes:

Starcraft is one of those rare games that still get played even though they're really really old.

Ging
17th March 2007, 22:37
In general, the people who play it are Korean...

I've never been a huge fan of SC, I enjoyed them - but there are certainly better RTS games out now.

Demented
18th March 2007, 02:09
KEKEKE ZERG RUSH

Also, where's my starcraft 2?

*head explodes*

STAARRRCRAAAFFT TWWOOO

Raahhhhh!

Oops, sorry. That tends to happen whenever anyone mentions... that game.

I still find the Starcraft games among the best available, though I can scarcely name any others that aren't among the C&C series.

QReaper
18th March 2007, 03:22
It's not an RTS, it's more of a Squad Level TBS game, but X-COM is still one of those games that only get old in the graphics department.

(For you Brits/Europeans it's UFO: Enemy Unknown, if I remember correctly.)

Ging
18th March 2007, 11:06
It is indeed - entire series was known as UFO...

I've quite enjoyed the recent attempts at unofficial "sequels" (UFO Aftermath, Aftershock and Afterlight) and I'm hyped at the news that there might be a proper XCOM game in the works.