PDA

View Full Version : "The real hustle" theft videos

Zabiela
26th February 2007, 01:50
Theres about 20 different ones of these on youtube, and they're all interesting to watch.
Basically these 3 people set up cameras and show how easily people get tricked, scammed, stolen and pickpocketed.
In this one they steal a lady's purse, then the stealer gets her to call a fake call center and give them all her card information.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TExDlVWqjNE

The odor of scripting is lofting around, but its interesting enough for me not to care, and the techniques they use are real.

Ging
26th February 2007, 02:05
Somewhat bizarrely, it's a spin-off from the BBC series "Hustle" - but it's not a piece of fiction. The scams themselves aren't scripted, but the people who are scammed are given all their stuff back and told what happened.

Zabiela
26th February 2007, 02:12
but the people who are scammed are given all their stuff back and told what happened.

Thankfully :)

Its fun to see their reaction when they're told what happened.

Ion67
26th February 2007, 02:14
Hehe, I think you got the wrong link. Just youtube the real hustle to find the right one.

Zabiela
26th February 2007, 02:18
Hehe, I think you got the wrong link. Just youtube the real hustle to find the right one.

Arg! We had multiple videos qeued in windows, and I grabbed the wrong one, edits.

Btw, does anyone keep their wallet in their back pocket? I always thought that was risky, front pockets ftw.

Ging
26th February 2007, 08:11
It's not overly risky, a good pick pocket can get it out of either! :D

I keep it in a pocket I can seal when I can (thigh pockets on combats for instance) and if I can't and I'm in an area where pickpockets are known to work, I'll tend to walk around with my hand in my pocket on my wallet.

<Beatlemania>
27th February 2007, 22:27
that's pretty scary, i added that to mah favorites