PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion regarding feeding

LiquidMetal
23rd February 2007, 02:34
First of all I want to congratulate Ging and everyone else on the Hidden team on creating such an amazingly addictive game.

And now my suggestion:

Is it possible to make it so that it's clear (by looking at the corpse) when a body has been fed on? Maybe having bloodstains appear on their uniform, or rips in the uniform, perhaps? It's a small detail but it makes it easier for IRIS to know where the Hidden has/hasn't been, can sometimes create a brief diversion for the Hidden to get an attack opportunity, and might even create the need for the Hidden to hide the bodies.

ill
23rd February 2007, 09:55
It's a small detail but it makes it easier for IRIS to know where the Hidden has/hasn't been, can sometimes create a brief diversion for the Hidden to get an attack opportunity, and might even create the need for the Hidden to hide the bodies.
i like that idea:D

Demented
23rd February 2007, 10:00
That would be nice. Or at least to know when the bodies are no longer feedable. (I.e. They'd have grey signatures in the Hidden's vision when they're still feedable.)

I think it was considered plausible, but low priority.

LiquidMetal
23rd February 2007, 16:43
That would make sense, as it's not a hugely important change. I just thought it might be something cool to add.. if the developers have time, that is.

ComeToJesus
23rd February 2007, 18:34
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j305/Boooof/scruffysecond.jpg

Daedalus
23rd February 2007, 19:02
Yeah, it's been discussed and not denied afaik. It would be a nice touch but I don't see it becoming reality in the near future. :p

ProgrammedToConsume
23rd February 2007, 22:00
It would add to the fear in that it would let the iris know that the hidden has it's health up. I like it.

<Beatlemania>
23rd February 2007, 22:46
lol i'd laugh if anyone actually thought of a reason not to like this idea. i hope it will happen eventually, it'd be cool.

ProgrammedToConsume
23rd February 2007, 23:20
Start laughing because Ging can come up with a reason for everything short of pull-out couches.

QReaper
23rd February 2007, 23:42
Well, you'd be trading one kind of paranoia for another.

For instance, normally, you'd not know whether a Hidden has "dried" a just found corpse or not, therefore, you want to get out before he comes back, or even set a trap.

With this in effect, you can assess whether the Hidden's been here already, therefore, either heightening the paranoia, or diminishing it.

Just saying, it's a trade.

ProgrammedToConsume
24th February 2007, 01:57
This is true. Though, if you don't know if the hidden has fed, then you would(well at least I would) wonder if it was a distraction and the hidden is setting a trap.

If you could tell if the body has been fed upon, however, you assume two things naturally:
1. The hidden has high health.
2. The hidden may be setting a trap for you and using the body for a distraction.

So it would still have the essence of the fear you clame it would be trading away.

QReaper
24th February 2007, 03:54
You're not paying attention. I was saying it was trading one fear for another fear. Not my decision to make, it's the team's. But, personally, I don't see the point of working to change something if it's about the same thing as it was before.