PDA

View Full Version : nade throwin..

blackhawk
22nd February 2007, 04:30
im pretty sure this topic has been talked about ....

-but it would be cool if the longer you hold the button/key to throw the nade,the further it will go (or more powerful the throw is)...

-srry if this has already been a denied suggestion ;)

starstriker1
22nd February 2007, 07:12
I'd prefer holding it down to cook the grenade so you can control the fuse. The current throw already allows you to successfully make almost all throws.

Zabiela
22nd February 2007, 19:39
I dont think the grenades need cooking time, they already have a damn short fuse, and i've rarely seen an iris "outrun" a grenade, unless he was already at the very edge of its explosion radius.
But I think having a scalable throw would be annoying too. It would require getting used to, which we all hate :D

Demented
22nd February 2007, 23:55
I just want a pipesticker.

*whump*

"EEOUUCH!"

*fzzzz*

"Whuh?"

*boom*

QReaper
23rd February 2007, 01:16
Some days Demented, I wonder what untapped power of creativity we have here on these forums. Surely it will have some part in the End of Days.:eek:

starstriker1
23rd February 2007, 03:57
Some things are better left buried.

And maybe we should pour a layer of concrete on top, just to be safe.

...hey, sealing demented in concrete? Thats an idea!

VoiceOfDecember
23rd February 2007, 08:13
I don't see why cooking a nade would be such a bad thing to add. If you don't wanna get used to the cooking then get to the desired distance and click once for a norm throw. If you are in a tight spot then cook away.

Id' laugh if someone cooked so long it blew up on themselves :P But yea, pretty much the only issue for cooking is the distance the hidden can get on a stunned IRIS and the time they would have 2 hack 'em up. But you can just throw the nade at the floor, watch it for a second and boom. In reality, the Hidden should be smart enough to blow a fuse and hold onto it till he wants it thrown. And to be honest, after a while, what Hidden can't land a perfectly good nade?

Demented
23rd February 2007, 10:06
Some things are better left buried.

And maybe we should pour a layer of concrete on top, just to be safe.

...hey, sealing demented in concrete? Thats an idea!

Brilliant! Surely, this will hasten the End of Days!

As for pipebombs, they explode fast enough, hastening them would be almost redundant. Then again, the Hidden would probably make an excellent suicide bomber. You'd never see him coming!

starstriker1
23rd February 2007, 18:49
It wouldn't be redundant if the default fuse was longer.

If I recall correctly, the HL1 version of hidden was supposed to have cookable grenades.

Demented
24th February 2007, 07:23
True, but... eh. It doesn't seem right to lengthen the timer the way that the pipebombs are. Though, if they were as powerful as the grenades in America's Army, oh the whining there'd be!

Maybe a hybrid... *wanders off in an ambiguous train of thought*

Paegus
24th February 2007, 07:52
how about just having 2 settings...
primary-fire = full power over hand throw
alt-fire = 2/3rds power under hand throw
...just like HL2!

Euphoria
24th February 2007, 12:58
I'm pesonally fine with the nades as they are- they do their job (blow up campers+ large groups of iris too naive to disperse:D .)

blackhawk
2nd March 2007, 02:35
how about just having 2 settings...
primary-fire = full power over hand throw
alt-fire = 2/3rds power under hand throw
...just like HL2!

like it

<Beatlemania>
2nd March 2007, 05:27
it already blows up on the first or second bounce, which is fine with me