PDA

View Full Version : Mencia meets mortality

Paegus
19th February 2007, 23:23
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsq1uTLBHBc

so someone's career in comedy just got curtly killed...

Zabiela
19th February 2007, 23:47
Saw this a couple days ago. Online dictionaries should put it in their definition of powned.

butterқnife
20th February 2007, 00:27
I can't stand Carlos Mencia...

awesome.

ProgrammedToConsume
20th February 2007, 01:29
Mencia just got his ass handed to him. You think he could've stolen funny material at least, most of his jokes were stupid, and the fact that he's been proven to have stolen them makes him look even worse. He disserves his fall.

QReaper
20th February 2007, 02:18
Mencia just got his ass handed to him. You think he could've stolen funny material at least, most of his jokes were stupid, and the fact that he's been proven to have stolen them makes him look even worse. He disserves his fall.
One word: Shakespeare

VoiceOfDecember
20th February 2007, 05:35
I can't stand Carlos Mencia...

awesome.

Yea I totally agree with that. He annoys me.

Pan the Goat God
20th February 2007, 07:29
Carlos Menstealia, lulz.

Ging
20th February 2007, 08:53
One word: Shakespeare

Mef? Shakespeare hasn't been accused of stealing anything to the best of my knowledge - though there is dispute as to whether or not he actually wrote the plays attributed to him, that's not actually his fault!

QReaper
20th February 2007, 11:30
I used Shakespeare as an example because of the "plagiarism" bits that have been flying around his name for a decade or two.

Personally, Mencia's amount of "funny" dropped after they gave him his own show, sadly.

When I first saw him on Premium Blend, he was a laugh riot, now, not so much.

He had a good run, but it was over last year.

ProgrammedToConsume
20th February 2007, 19:05
Mef? Shakespeare hasn't been accused of stealing anything to the best of my knowledge - though there is dispute as to whether or not he actually wrote the plays attributed to him, that's not actually his fault!

Who are you kidding? All the writers of that era used other writers work, either for inspiration or downright plagiarism.

I used Shakespeare as an example because of the "plagiarism" bits that have been flying around his name for a decade or two.

Personally, Mencia's amount of "funny" dropped after they gave him his own show, sadly.

When I first saw him on Premium Blend, he was a laugh riot, now, not so much.

He had a good run, but it was over last year.

I have to agree to that, his show went to crap pretty fast, the beaner jokes got old, were overused, or, if none of the above, were simply not funny.

Zabiela
20th February 2007, 19:44
The worst, is when he would do off-stage sketches, ala dave chappelle. No, carlos, they dont work.

Isolation
20th February 2007, 20:15
That was funneh. Made my morning.

QReaper
20th February 2007, 20:56
The worst, is when he would do off-stage sketches, ala dave chappelle. No, carlos, they dont work.
Exactly, now, can it has been Bill Hicks tiem now plz?