PDA

View Full Version : Flame my suggestions!!!

namrog187
17th February 2007, 12:10
I think most of the things are pretty good so far, however there are a few things that could make it more fun for the 'good' hiddens

We can pigstick people on the wall, which is fun. because we can mess with people. espically when you double pigstick to make the body make noise

Well perhaps there could be more fun ways to have fun and possibly have some ideas

Hidden ability suggestions

1. Steal ammo like the extra 1-2 clips they may have have to be close like pigstick, but much less delay)
2. Steal primary weapon/knock it out of their hands?

I am not sure if its doable but perhaps
3. Make lights breakable either the lights themselves or whats holding the lights up. Make it darker and help the hidden out
This may add the usefulness of flashlight/night vision goggles.

Id like to see some added usability to the miscellenous stuff that isnt ever used such as flight lights and night vision goggles. Most people use sonic alarms or laser pointer

some levels i feel like the doors should be openable/closeable
like the top floor level with water fountain, there are a bunch of chain gates that are forced open, and we are not allowed to close.
I know it may mess with balance of current levels, so perhaps allow new levels to use them easier. unless this is already possible and mapmakers just choose not to use it.

5. Add in more interaction with level
such as
5a. maybe have a security TVs in some locations(that wouldnt mess with level flow) where we can view the cameras already in place ( or additional/different ones)
5b. shut on/off lights to a room that has (indesctructable lights) (would be fun if you were hidden and turn off lights after IRIS is already in it)

I know there is normal gameplay and overrun maps
Perhaps there could a gameplay that allows 2 Hidden vs 8 agents.
Sometimes 1 hidden is fine for 8-10 players. But not everyone is super good as hidden, This would allow for more people to play as hidden and get more pratice, then hopefully people would decrease the usage of this gamestyle, and if they dont, IRIS agents gotta get better!

Paegus
17th February 2007, 12:22
1. Steal ammo like the extra 1-2 clips they may have have to be close like pigstick, but much less delay)
as in when you +use them? doable but i doubt it...

2. Steal primary weapon/knock it out of their hands?[/B]
been noed before

3. Make lights breakable either the lights themselves or whats holding the lights up. Make it darker and help the hidden out
This may add the usefulness of flash light/night vision goggles.
doable yes, but expensive, tedious and for the most part it turns out crap because the source engine doesn't actually have dynamic lighting and shadowing.

Id like to see some added usability to the miscellenous stuff that isnt ever used such as flight lights and night vision goggles. Most people use sonic alarms or laser pointer
flash light || adrenaline > *

some levels i feel like the doors should be openable/closeable
like the top floor level with water fountain, there are a bunch of chain gates that are forced open, and we are not allowed to close.
I know it may mess with balance of current levels, so perhaps allow new levels to use them easier. unless this is already possible and mapmakers just choose not to use it.
err yeah... *cough* (http://www.hidden-source.com/media/levels/highrise3.jpg) *cough* (http://www.hidden-source.com/media/levels/highrise2.jpg)

5a. maybe have a security TVs in some locations(that wouldnt mess with level flow) where we can view the cameras already in place ( or additional/different ones)
in the works but currently the hidden's shader doesn't interact well with cameras.

5b. shut on/off lights to a room that has (indesctructable lights) (would be fun if you were hidden and turn off lights after IRIS is already in it)[/B]
doable... but it's up to the mapper to decide if it's worth the entity price tag.

Perhaps there could a gameplay that allows 2 Hidden vs 8 agents.
Sometimes 1 hidden is fine for 8-10 players. But not everyone is super good as hidden, This would allow for more people to play as hidden and get more pratice, then hopefully people would decrease the usage of this gamestyle, and if they dont, IRIS agents gotta get better!
find random servers... they let everyone play equally...