PDA

View Full Version : Chaser's War on Everything...

crans
14th February 2007, 07:16
Click Meh (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs3SfNANtig&mode=related&search=)

Haha, too funny. Chaser's War on Everything is an Australian show where they basically piss off the public. Hilarity Ensues.

EDIT: Found another one. Heheh. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0PLPEGN2l8&NR)

Chas0r
14th February 2007, 13:09
Awesome, and there are many more. A search (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=the+chaser&search=Search) on youtube gave plenty of results.
Don't you australians care for aspect ratio ?^^

Skippy
14th February 2007, 16:10
Haha that's great.

Zabiela
14th February 2007, 19:25
I think I saw one of these once where they dressed a guy up as a saudi and had him take photos of an important bridge.

crans
15th February 2007, 01:16
There's one where they interview Americans and ask them where they should invade next, and have the world map incorrectly labelled.

"Oh there's North Korea"

*Points to Australia*

"I just realised how much bigger North Korea is than South Korea"

*referring to Tasmania*

Probably scripted but funny as hell, especailly when some of the peoples answers to,
"How many sides does a triangle have?"
"uhhh, 4! No, none?!"

Zabiela
15th February 2007, 01:22

Yay for hundreds of takes and editing.

crans
15th February 2007, 05:44
...Yay for hundreds of takes and editing.

Funny that. I actually don't remember saying that.. :confused:

Demented
15th February 2007, 06:07
A feature about airport security, and not a single bomb quip. Nay, instead it has a PA prank. Not to mention, I now seem to realize that what would be Al Kayda in the states is Al Kyder down-under. I really have no idea how to explain the discrephancy.

(Or why I put an 'h' in discrepancy, but that's another matter entirely.)

VoiceOfDecember
15th February 2007, 12:02
Crans mate, you got it down. I love these guys.

Remeber how one of them got busted and went to court for trying to sell fake weapons and such to the bulldogs supporters before a match? Just when his court case came up there was that thing with banning the Aussie flag at the Big Day Out (which was total bullshit).
After his court case he came out wearing an Aussie flag and commented to reporters that there was nothing left to do but go to the Big Day Out. Absolute gold.

crans
16th February 2007, 04:45
Crans mate, you got it down. I love these guys.

Remeber how one of them got busted and went to court for trying to sell fake weapons and such to the bulldogs supporters before a match? Just when his court case came up there was that thing with banning the Aussie flag at the Big Day Out (which was total bullshit).
After his court case he came out wearing an Aussie flag and commented to reporters that there was nothing left to do but go to the Big Day Out. Absolute gold.

Haha, yayer! That was Chaz btw that had the court case, it's so funny. Did you know that like 90% of the people who went to Big Day Out wore Australian flags? The only reason they tried to ban it, is because they feared that the lebs and such would start the Cronulla riots all over again. It's crazy how we have to be sensitive by NOT wearing OUR flag in OUR own country.

VoiceOfDecember
16th February 2007, 06:38
Did you know that like 90% of the people who went to Big Day Out wore Australian flags? The only reason they tried to ban it, is because they feared that the lebs and such would start the Cronulla riots all over again. It's crazy how we have to be sensitive by NOT wearing OUR flag in OUR own country.

Papers said it was racism disguised as patriotism. How could that be possible? Everyone is an Australian and it's Australia day. The flag should be everywhere you look.
Seriously, everyone in Australia is an Australian. We have a very diverse community but we are all the one people. Everyone loves the flag. People come here and become Aussie and accept the Aussie way of life. If you are an Australian, how can your own flag that you pledged allegiance to be racist against you? Answer: only if you let it. People who don't embrace the flag and see it as racist are cutting themselves away from Australian society and pretty much denouncing their love/respect (if they had any in the first place) for the country they live in. Don't like this country and want to incite hate with your fellow man? Then get the fuck out. And that goes for everyone.

rant over and out

crans
16th February 2007, 06:52
Papers said it was racism disguised as patriotism. How could that be possible? Everyone is an Australian and it's Australia day. The flag should be everywhere you look.
Seriously, everyone in Australia is an Australian. We have a very diverse community but we are all the one people. Everyone loves the flag. People come here and become Aussie and accept the Aussie way of life. If you are an Australian, how can your own flag that you pledged allegiance to be racist against you? Answer: only if you let it. People who don't embrace the flag and see it as racist are cutting themselves away from Australian society and pretty much denouncing their love/respect (if they had any in the first place) for the country they live in. Don't like this country and want to incite hate with your fellow man? Then get the fuck out. And that goes for everyone.

rant over and out

QFT apart from your third sentence but that's just hair splitting :P You have to understand that people, particularly the second generation immigrants, don't embrace Australia and don't realise how lucky they are, and you'll hear them rant on and on about their home country and tell them how much better it is than Australia, and you know what I say to them? "Why is it that your own country is so war torn, so affected by crime, so unbearable, that your own parents had to leave it? And what makes it better then Australia?"

Usually they are so taken back they don't really justify it with a logical response, usually something along the lines of, "Fuckup Uleh!" What annoys me, is the ones that think they are tough, and go around 'gang banging' (no not that! :P) and mugging our own citizens, and usually the old folks, that have served the country and love it so dearly. For example, I'm sure you've seen those videos on YouTube.com of those bastards. Nuff' said. There's always a small population which can ruin it for the rest, and that's them.

/rant over and out

VoiceOfDecember
16th February 2007, 07:35
Crans; if you could, you should change this thread title to Crans&VOD's War On Lebs lol :p Shall I throw in a quote from our beloved Mufti? hahahaha oh stop it män!

Back on Topic!
More Chaser Gold: Clicky (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBkIPUgXyz0)

crans
16th February 2007, 07:48
Crans; if you could, you should change this thread title to Crans&VOD's War On Lebs lol :p Shall I throw in a quote from our beloved Mufti? hahahaha oh stop it män!

Back on Topic!
More Chaser Gold: Clicky (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBkIPUgXyz0)

Lol, no I think i'll keep it like that. I don't agree with labelling every single Lebanese person as a thug and gang banger, its like I said before,
There's always a small population which can ruin it for the rest, and that's them.

EDIT: I just watched the link, how, why and well, WHY WOULD THEY GIVE MONEY TO AN ACTUAL STATUE?!??