PDA

View Full Version : Can you profile a person based on their shirt drawer?

Gusdor
9th February 2007, 13:11
Ok, so I was just tidying my room and while putting some clean clothes away, I had a thought. I looked down at my open shirt drawer and noted that you can pretty much tell what kind of person I am just from what I could see.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/Gusdor/DSCF0872.jpg

At first glance, what can you see? What does that tell you about me and the way I live? From my point of view there are some fairly accurate but messages in there with arguable meanings.

I invite you folks to take a picture of your shirt drawer and post it so we can see how accurate my theory is.
Please feel free to contribute your analysis best you can!
If we could avoid commenting on/flaming the various designs on shirts then i will be happy and so will the thread!

My BRIEF thoughts are below. Please avoid reading until you have your own conclusion
My guess is that is a lucky sample. For a more complete picture you would need to see a bigger sample - perhaps all the shirts. However, maybe the order they are put into the drawer is important. I know that I put the shirts I will never wear at the bottom. I doubt this is 100% accurate because my selection of dragonforce shirt are obscured - I place them in the middle so a full draw doesnt scuff the print when it is opened and closed. In addition, notice that everything is folded (poorly). What does that tell you?

Paegus
9th February 2007, 13:32
you dislike religion, like rock/heavy metal, play video games, possibly a skateboarder, are a bit forgetful, get distracted a bit too easily and are lazy though not terminally so.

my camera is broke so i'll do one later if i can be arsed...

edit°
9th February 2007, 15:09
I can't be arsed to clean up enough that I could get you an image of where I stuff all my clothes. That should about sum up all you need to know about me, combined with the length of my tenure with hidden.

hutch
9th February 2007, 15:24
I don't have a clothes drawer.........

QReaper
9th February 2007, 16:11
I have a shirt closet, does that count?

Also: SEIG HEIL

Also: I'm going to steal that Red Omen shirt, expect a visit from the boogeyman.

Chas0r
9th February 2007, 16:54
A real 'profiler' wouldn't even use shirts to find out what kind of person you are - they just show you the way you want to be seen. Profilers would tell anything from that outworn chest you store your cloths in, the scratched/missing wallpaper and that outdated carpet^^

I guess you don't bother using more than one detergent and thus don't buy any shirts that are not black (dresses unconsidered) :) Also, you bought so many of them that you need do your laundry less than once in a week, thats why they are at least poorly folded.

I wonder why you are missing something like
http://www.splitreason.com/Product_Images/36f1b7fb9d92.jpg
or
http://www.splitreason.com/Product_Images/7144b8e768c0.jpg
so I guess you aren't self-deprecating enough to redicule your own nerdness ;)

legoman
9th February 2007, 16:54
I don't have a clothes drawer.........

Ditto. And most of my clothes don't illustrate anything. I only have a few shirts that actually represent something like a Latency Kills T-shirt and my brother's old band's T-Shirt called Rattlehead. I also have the Failed Parent Maddox T-shirt..... but that's about it. Everything other piece of clothing is some expensive/fancy looking thing.

I am a metalhead though :D

Demented
9th February 2007, 20:01
You FOLD your clothes?

<_<

>_>

Eerie.

Zabiela
9th February 2007, 20:10
I have an unused loft bed. One side dirty shit, one side the clean. I only fold and iron if im doing something worth it.

Felf
9th February 2007, 20:36
I have a proper hang-up sliding-door style cupboard. And I'll agree that you can tell alot about a man from his clothes. Mine are gorgeous :P

Gusdor
9th February 2007, 21:00
so I guess you aren't self-deprecating enough to redicule your own nerdness ;)
I have a shirt thats says "Warlocks have more stamina". That good enough.

Thanks for posting your photos btw guys :P I knew it was too much to ask

crans
9th February 2007, 22:02
I hang up my clothes. In my cupboard... Yep...

Kira Yamato
9th February 2007, 22:18
Pants go in drawers, shirts you hang in the closet. Damn uncivilized Scottish.

On a more serious note, any body looking in my dresser drawers, or my closet would think they were in a girls bedroom. Then I'd have to beat the crap out of them for looking through my room like a deranged pervert.

Zabiela
9th February 2007, 22:46
Do you have a tu-tu? I want one. :o

crans
9th February 2007, 23:04
Do you have a tu-tu? I want one. :o

Does the Pope shit in the woods? Seriously, does he?? :confused:

Zabiela
9th February 2007, 23:15
He uses the Poopmobile OHSNAP

Gusdor
10th February 2007, 00:24
Pants go in drawers, shirts you hang in the closet. Damn uncivilized Scottish.
Tshirts on coat hangers? GOOD ONE!

Ging
10th February 2007, 01:03
Trousers hang, t-shirts fold and in a drawer, shirts hang, jumpers fold and in a draw / on a shelf...

No picture of my shirt drawer, I'm lazy and it's at least 6 inches away.

Gusdor
10th February 2007, 07:55
Spoilsport Ging!

All my trousers are folded aswell! Infact the only thing that is hanging is my formal shirts and my kilts /flex

Ging
10th February 2007, 11:01
Spoilsport Ging!

All my trousers are folded aswell! Infact the only thing that is hanging is my formal shirts and my kilts /flex

I don't have space for folded trousers - I have three drawers for clothing; underwear, t-shirts, shorts / jumpers / t-shirts...

Gusdor
10th February 2007, 12:40
Oo

crans
10th February 2007, 21:30
KILTZ!! I want one!

<Beatlemania>
12th February 2007, 04:04
Trousers hang, t-shirts fold and in a drawer, shirts hang, jumpers fold and in a draw / on a shelf...

No picture of my shirt drawer, I'm lazy and it's at least 6 inches away.

...whats the difference between a t-shirt and a shirt...there is no difference to me

crans
12th February 2007, 04:45
A shirt is like a long sleeved one, usually with a collar, meant for business meetings etc. And I'm pretty sure I don't have to explain what a t-shirt is...

Zabiela
12th February 2007, 04:51
By shirt I usually mean anything that buttons up, most of the time with a collar.

crans
12th February 2007, 04:56
By shirt I usually mean anything that buttons up, most of the time with a collar.

I wins

Ging
12th February 2007, 08:07

There's the difference...

I'm interested to know what is used to describe a "shirt" when the term is used to describe t-shirts... Or is it just a generic term that covers all masculine torso based clothing?

Gusdor
12th February 2007, 18:09
my girlfriend refers to long sleeved collarless shirts as t-shirts, although I (and retailers) refer to them as longsleeves /shrug. I think 'shirt' will suffice for the purpose of this thread

Chas0r
12th February 2007, 20:37
my girlfriend refers to long sleeved collarless shirts as t-shirts,
How would a longsleeved shirt have a t-shape ? That's how you would have to define it imo.
Looks like you guys didn't loose your talent for super trivial discussions. The more the merrier! :)

Also, I forgot to post an excuse for not showing my drawer.. erm, yes: my camara's batteries died! That's even true :)

Kira Yamato
12th February 2007, 20:57
Wait I have 3 dressers in my room, so if you can judge somebodies' personality by their dresser's contents... I must have multiple personalities!!! ... or, you know, just that I have 2 large wardrobes, being a cross dresser, and all.

Paegus
12th February 2007, 21:54
How would a longsleeved shirt have a t-shape ? That's how you would have to define it imo.

well if you hold the sleeves out it's a short T with a really wide top.

my camera is still broke so no pic yet.