PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun Reload.

Kira Yamato
3rd February 2007, 20:48
I just got an idea based on another thread. Basically the issue is that when reloading the shotgun you can shoot what ever rounds you have, and cancel the reload. Even a round you just loaded can be immediately fired at target.

So here is my suggestion. Have it scripted so that each press of the "R" or Reload button, loads one shell per-action in the shotgun. So if you hit Reload once it loads one shell and cocks(get your mind out of the gutter!) the gun. But if you hit R more then once you're committed to loading the number of shells, based on the number of times you hit reload(but not more then the max that can be loaded.)

What do you all think?

<Beatlemania>
3rd February 2007, 21:37
sounds good to me, thumbs up. I think if anyone has problems with it, is it's cuz its overly complicated...
I myself don't really get what that option changes, though.

starstriker1
3rd February 2007, 21:56
Nah, keep it as it is, but remove the ability to INSTANTLY fire. Instead, if the fire button is pressed in the middle of the reload, the shell being currently loaded is allowed to finish, the cocking animation is played, and THEN the weapon is available to fire. In other words, institute a delay if you want to fire while reloading.

Paegus
3rd February 2007, 22:01
being locked into a sequence for no reason is less than ideal i think.. make it so that
-as long as you're holding the reload button down and it's not full it preforms the reload action. that way if you press it once it loads 1 shell. if you press (and release or not... up to you) it again before the previous insert animation is complete it does not not queue up any more reloads but if you keep holding the reload button so it's down when the animation completes it begins a new load-cycle.
-you can't fire until the reload animation is complete.
-reload pre-empts fire so if for some silly reason you forget to let go of the reload button too bad :)

crans
10th February 2007, 00:12
That's an excellent idea Kira, It's much more realistic aswell. That's how I thought it was when I first started playing but then I realised that pressing the reload button once and pressing it 6 times made no difference :P

Demented
10th February 2007, 00:51
Any suggestion that requires, implicitly or directly, the involvement and cooperation of both Coder and Animator should be automatically considered as having been rebuked.

:p

That's not to say that any of these suggestions would be anything but brilliant, if they were to be properly implemented.

Ging
10th February 2007, 01:00
Any suggestion that requires, implicitly or directly, the involvement and cooperation of both Coder and Animator should be automatically considered as having been rebuked.

In theory, this doesn't require the involvement of an animator... Just a coder...

Euphoria
11th February 2007, 18:36
In theory, this doesn't require the involvement of an animator... Just a coder...

Ging didn't say 'no' and lock the thread!:eek: This idea may have a chance!

Million Knives
20th February 2007, 14:57
I think the pressing of primary fire and having the animation stop with the cocking sounds nice.

Hmmm, cocking...

Knigh7s
20th February 2007, 18:23
I like this idea! I'm leaning more towards Paegus idea, tap R to reload one at a time (so 3 taps would equal 3 shells), or Hold R to reload full barrel. Also starstriker1 idea to not be able to instantly fire in the middle of a reload sequence. Overal Kira, Brilliant Idea!

I hate it when you hear "CLICK" and you pounce in to knife only to get killed half way threw there reload. It will also make you think twice now before jumping in. Is the player only reloading one shot or a full barrel???

So Ging, what are the odds of this happening? If you don't mind me asking! O_o

Cyborg
20th February 2007, 23:20
I'm not opposed to the idea. Perhaps implementing this would improve the current shotgun reload animation, where the shells seem to fly into the shotgun of their own accord.