PDA

View Full Version : Custom hedge maze map for Hidden?

Xanatos
3rd February 2007, 00:05
My friend told me there is a custom map for Hidden that is a hedge maze. Does anyone know what or where that is? If it's somewhere on the forums, if someone has it, if its uploaded somewhere, etc. could you redirect me to it? You can delete this post if its somewhere already on the boards. Thanks!

scratch
3rd February 2007, 00:40
http://www.box.net/public/hpc634et5s#main

Scroll down the list until you find "hdn_megamaze_v3.rar".

It's an old and quite basic map with absolutely no lighting and iirc no 3D skybox / detail architecture / whatever. So don't expect sweets.

The.ViruS
3rd February 2007, 01:06
And if I remeber right Nigh on impossible for the IRIS too win.

starstriker1
3rd February 2007, 01:07
Nightvision made it a bit easier, but even that wasn't too impressive for the job...

hutch
3rd February 2007, 01:27
I made the first maze map, it was my first map EVAR!
And far from sexy, i should redo it sometime...

Demented
4th February 2007, 00:11
If you can make it an actual hedge maze, complete with a gazebo area in the middle, you get 10 points of Win. :D

hutch
4th February 2007, 00:34
If you can make it an actual hedge maze, complete with a gazebo area in the middle, you get 10 points of Win. :D

I don't even remember how hammer works though, i mean, I'd have to remeber things to do this!
And the map sucked ass!

Zabiela
4th February 2007, 00:45

I would try if I could make good hedge models. I dont think its worth it if you're going to use brush hedges.

Hyp-R
5th February 2007, 01:22
I would try if I could make good hedge models. I dont think its worth it if you're going to use brush hedges.

you could do it usign burshwork
make one brush, with a hedge texture on it.
And then another one overtop, with a hedge texture again, and has holes and such, and those are transparent.

Zabiela
5th February 2007, 02:35
you could do it usign burshwork
make one brush, with a hedge texture on it.
And then another one overtop, with a hedge texture again, and has holes and such, and those are transparent.

Correction.... if I could make convincing hedge textures... i would try :p

Hyp-R
6th February 2007, 03:17
Correction.... if I could make convincing hedge textures... i would try :p

it still could be done that way, and be convincing

hutch
6th February 2007, 04:04
it still could be done that way, and be convincing

Fine, someone make a texture and I'll make the map.....

Sithun
16th February 2007, 13:11
Im thinking of the movie "The Shining", where that madman chases the kid throu the snow-covered maze. Brilliant for a map IMO.

Cheesey
16th March 2007, 20:11
That would be a really nice map! With high maze-walls and it should be not too bright! With some special spots like a fontain or a table with some chairs or a monument or something.

The existing maze is not very playable.... sorry.. ;)