PDA

View Full Version : HEX Map Contest

Matto
2nd February 2007, 08:10
After the b5 release, if HEX becomes popular (which I'm sure it will) I was thinking maybe a community HEX map contest could be opened. I think this would be a great way to quickly get a lot of new HEX maps, instead of just having the one. Of course, only the most professional looking would ones be accepted (they would have to be close the Boxy's standards, if thats possible :D ) and would also have to be designed well from gameplay point of view. I'm sure you would get a lot of GOOD entries (judging from some of the maps I've seen about the forums), especially if the contest was advertised on interlopers. As far as a prize goes I think just having you map in The Hidden: source (and the credit) would be enough, I know I would love it :)

Paegus
2nd February 2007, 11:17
while i'm always up for new maps i don't think you should just assume they'll be all the rage.

they don't have any clan/competitive aspects really as it's still 1 vs up to 8 and the majority of pubbers prefer simple deathmatch. with CS as an example having to stuff like plant bombs, rescue hostages or by abstraction wipe data is well beyond simple.

starstriker1
2nd February 2007, 20:24
Er, such a "contest" is already up, now. Anyone who wants to make a quality HEX map for b5 has a chance of having it included in the next release...

Dark Soul
2nd February 2007, 21:22
Let me guess,this was announced in the Hiddenites forum?

starstriker1
2nd February 2007, 22:56
I was under the impression that there have been SEVERAL open calls for HEX maps... including posts in the mapping forum, and news posts...

Isolation
2nd February 2007, 23:29
Quite true. Boxy has been working with a number of mappers already, looking for good release candidates from the community.

scratch
2nd February 2007, 23:33
http://mods.moddb.com/5133/hidden-source/help-wanted/

It's from november though, as you can see.
Also, in the news (26th Oct) on the main page there is a call for mapping help.

Anyway, there already are three or four hex maps in development by community members. Seeing it this way, the contest has already begun. xD

Matto
3rd February 2007, 01:18
Ye Gods! I better get started!

Boxy
3rd February 2007, 09:09
As Star has already said, there is alreadya call for mappers to get busy. The more HEX maps we have the better, so anyone who wants to make one and submit it for inclusion in the official release is welcome to. Obviously it would have to be OK'ed by the team and we will try to help and set you along the right path where possible. I see more HEX levels being made after the release of B5 when people know how they work and what to do as well as having all the assets to create them easily.

Twiggeh
3rd February 2007, 09:37
uhm, exactly what is this "HEX", which you speak of?

Felf
3rd February 2007, 11:29
www.hidden-source.com - Hex is the new game-mode. Mission-based.