PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Throw Thingy?

blackhawk
2nd February 2007, 02:58
i think it would be pretty cool if subject 617 could have like a "ninja star-like thing"...like he can throw it somewhere and ill make a sound like he hit the object with a knife to make the i.r.s team think he is over there...but the "ninja star" could not harm irs so it is not concidered another "weapon"...any thoughts on this??:D

starstriker1
2nd February 2007, 04:25
Thats what the thrown objects are for: distractions. And the occasional shield/blunt weapon.

Read the stickies: no new weapons.

Daedalus
2nd February 2007, 08:20
Wait a minute, can you include sawblades in a map? And when you throw them do they fly like shot from the grav gun?

Yeah, you can see where this is going. :D

Isolation
2nd February 2007, 08:25
IRIS does not have the "cut in half" model, I believe. Killing with a sawblade kills like any other blunt phys kill, if memory serves.

Daedalus
2nd February 2007, 08:31
IRIS does not have the "cut in half" model, I believe. Killing with a sawblade kills like any other blunt phys kill, if memory serves.

Wasn't intending to cut them in half, just that sawblades seem to do a lot more damage than regular objects.

Demented
2nd February 2007, 08:41
If it does more than 100 damage, it'll make 'em explode. Applies to all sources of damage, I believe.

By default, sawblades are considered "sharp" while most objects are "blunt". Sharp objects get extra damage from how the object is rotating... The gravity gun makes sawblades really spinny when it punts them.

Paegus
2nd February 2007, 11:12
i'm pretty sure that the gib threshold is a little higher than 100.

Daedalus
2nd February 2007, 12:22
i'm pretty sure that the gib threshold is a little higher than 100.

Usually when you do over 100 damage, the console says "doing over 100 damage" if you have developer activated. That means something. :P

A 100 damage hit with a phys object won't gib, but a 500 one does, so let's just say the gib threshold is between those. :D