PDA

View Full Version : Interactive maps?

Twiggeh
31st January 2007, 19:40
What i really miss in Hidden is the possibility to use my big o'l knifey for other things than hacking people into tiny bits.. i want to be able to find some cables, cut them, and whatch that entire corridor turn dark from power-shortage. or as a support-IRIS, fix those wires again with my nifty gadget that fixes things, so the light will come back on!

I wanna be able to toy a bit more with my prey!

and another thingie i just remembered (first off, this might've been said on the forum, it just popped up in me head earlier today and i remembered it now), it would be nice for the hidden to be able to throw his bombs at different lengths depending on how long you hold down the mousebutton.
because atm they fly like birds :P

Zabiela
31st January 2007, 19:52
o_o I had massive deja-vu while reading that.

Wait untill b5, the maps have some new funstuffs in them.
I like the idea of being able to throw pipebombs far, or drop them at my feet.

Phaedrus
31st January 2007, 20:23
Yeah, pipebomb throw strength could be very cool. It would add a new dynamic to the game.

starstriker1
31st January 2007, 21:00
I don't see it adding much, but it'd be a nice feature regardless.

Perhaps, as a possible secondary fire for the pipebomb: instead of doing any kind of throw animation, just spawn a pipebomb (with the timer ticking down), and have the hidden grab it! That gives you all sorts of options for dropping it where you want it.

On second thought, that'd be pretty gimmicky. Instead what about simply using secondary fire to implement the controlled throw? A quick tap of the button just drops it, but holding it down allows you to set the throw distance.

If pipebomb cooking was implemented, then perhaps that could not apply to this mode.

Oh, and by the way, B5 will have a lot more ways to mess with people. A LOT more. :D

blackhawk
2nd February 2007, 03:01
i think both of these i deas would be a very great improvement to the mod :)

Demented
2nd February 2007, 04:05
Rubberizing the pipebombs so they don't bounce as much (sound contradictory?) will do just as well. Then again, wouldn't that mean they'd need to not sound like hammer to metal?