PDA

View Full Version : New text or the Hidden

Daily Terror
30th January 2007, 23:45
Hi!

Would be cool, if the hidden could whisper "i smell fear" http://www.my-smileys.de/smileys3/scared.gif

Ion
31st January 2007, 01:33
The more the hidden can say, the better.

Zabiela
31st January 2007, 02:05
Its just, its difficult to make them right.

<Beatlemania>
31st January 2007, 03:18
who did the voices for the hidden and the iris? ive always wondered. anyone got a link?

starstriker1
31st January 2007, 04:00
Khu did.

khu
31st January 2007, 09:36
starstriker1 is right, I did.

I'm making you my PR guy from now on.

ill
31st January 2007, 15:40
can you plz make iris say'negative', 'affurmative' in b5

starstriker1
31st January 2007, 15:46
starstriker1 is right, I did.

I'm making you my PR guy from now on.

Really? Sweet. Lets get this viral marketing thing on the road.

(heads to lab, concocts supervirus to spread the word of Khu)

khu
31st January 2007, 16:08
can you plz make iris say'negative', 'affurmative' in b5

Why, what will you give me if I do? I want like at least a couple quid.

(Actually affirmative and negative radio responses were recorded last year. They just didn't really get hooked in to the radio responses. If anyone else actually think they're more useful than the other IRIS responses, let us know.)

edit°
31st January 2007, 16:15
Definately more usefull than most of the other ones.

starstriker1
31st January 2007, 16:22
The IRIS radio needs an overhaul as it is. It's got, for all intents and purposes, no sound binds that are useful. The report in bind is kinda bugged, the hidden spotted message is too inconvenient for use (doesn't have the relavent chat message to pinpoint location, and the button should be moved to the center of the radial set of buttons), the "Affirmative" bind has no corresponding "Negative" bind... etc. The only one that I really see getting any use is "Bring it!"

My suggestions:
*Stick the hidden spotted bind in the center
*Add a negative response to compliment the affirmative one
*Get rid of the automatic reply on the "report in" bind, make people do it themselves... force them to communicate a bit, and also staggers the responses a bit more naturally
*Fix the text portion of each chat message... that got damaged somewhere along the line.
*Classify the IRIS taunts as either mocking the hidden or gloating... the "taunt" button will choose a bind from one of the former guring the match, but will choose a gloating taunt (like the current "Uglymother****er) only when the hidden is dead.
*Tie in the commands with the IRIS radar. If I understand correctly, the radar is going to change to a heads up display, similar to the hidden's aura. If a "hidden spotted" or "man down" message would appear on it, it'd be far more useful.

Those are just off the top of my head.

Daedalus
31st January 2007, 16:31

Works fine in bf2, should be in here as well. I currently use F bound to "radio 1" and hit that whenever I start shooting at the hidden.

Definetly yes.

*Get rid of the automatic reply on the "report in" bind, make people do it themselves... force them to communicate a bit, and also staggers the responses a bit more naturally

They'd never use it as intended. I like it as it is now as you can use it to find out how many people are on your team. The replies do come out a little fast, but you can usually tell if there's 2,3, or 4 people remaining.

*Fix the text portion of each chat message... that got damaged somewhere along the line.
*Classify the IRIS taunts as either mocking the hidden or gloating... the "taunt" button will choose a bind from one of the former guring the match, but will choose a gloating taunt (like the current "Uglymother****er) only when the hidden is dead.
*Tie in the commands with the IRIS radar. If I understand correctly, the radar is going to change to a heads up display, similar to the hidden's aura. If a "hidden spotted" or "man down" message would appear on it, it'd be far more useful.

Dunno bout the last ones.

EDIT: You know what else would be nice? A "Cease fire!" voice command.

Kekle3
31st January 2007, 16:41
If there is 1 command I really miss its FOLLOW ME

PLZ PLZ PLZ make that for Iris team...

And maybe "stick together"

And is it just me or does you nearly alwasy say "Bring it".. Cuz ive tried he said Know youre in here you bald freak" and such...

Paegus
31st January 2007, 17:02
last i checked there's a friendly-fire message in the pipeline.

i'd be happy with something like...
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/9312/raydeohvt8.png (http://imageshack.us)
...with a delayed reply for the status. taunts and gloats being randomized.

the come here freak is also in the pipe but only plays if the server has modified their sound alias files.

khu
31st January 2007, 17:08
My suggestions:

I suggested this before B3. Didn't seem to happen. I can't do anything about it since I'm not in charge of the graphics.

I'm just not really convinced that it's useful. It's not a matter of things complementing each other -- when would you need to say 'negative'? I can't really think of any reason. "Hidden Spotted" -- "negative"?

It's a tossup on this. If people DON'T reply, you have 2 wasted buttons, as opposed to what it is now, where at least you can count the survivors.

Check.

I suggested consolidating the taunts way back when too; I was overruled. Personally I don't see a need for the IRIS to have that much control over these throwaway taunts.

At the very least we should flash 'hidden spotted' messages very clearly on the current radar.

Paegus
31st January 2007, 17:12
spotted is probably the most useless of them all though. usually by the time the message gets sent the hidden is half-way across the map.

Daedalus
31st January 2007, 17:24
spotted is probably the most useless of them all though. usually by the time the message gets sent the hidden is half-way across the map.

Yeah, but it does add some nice atmosphere and alerts everyone...

You can be shooting where you think the hidden is, and if you hit him you use the spotted command. It is useful when everyone is firing test shots everywhere.

Tinker
31st January 2007, 18:47
I use "Hidden Spotted" all the time for the same reason I leave trip mines spread out instead grouped up. I don't care where he is specifically because by the time I look he's gone, but knowing where he is roughly will allow me to be looking in the right direction when he enters, which (to me) is far more useful.

My 2 cents

Daily Terror
31st January 2007, 20:48
If there is 1 command I really miss its FOLLOW ME

PLZ PLZ PLZ make that for Iris team...

And maybe "stick together"

And is it just me or does you nearly always say "Bring it".. Cuz I've tried he said Know you're in here you bald freak" and such...

yes! A stick together! that we really need, specially, when just 2 or3 iris are left.

Follow me... i dunno.... i like this anarchy in the iris team, that nobody is leading and giving orders. You are just a bunch of guys with guns, who need to get the best friends in the next 4 minutes, to survive.

the "Chase fire" could be an "Chase fire and save ammo", because i always got angry, when the noobs waste the ammo, at shooting around at start, destroying objects(( specially at my sonic alerts *Grrrr)), and when the hidden comes, they are forced to use pistols. http://www.world-of-smilies.com/wos_spiele/impactwhore.gif

and of course more spooky stuff for the hidden, like "i smell fear", actually, "fresh meat" is my fav. =)

starstriker1
31st January 2007, 21:08
@ Khu:

The negative response might not directly correspond to many of the other voice binds (though as a response to an ammunition request, it might have a purpose), but it could easily apply to messages delivered by text or voice chat.

Fair point on the "report in" bind. This isn't a realism mod, and there isn't a gameplay advantage to forcing manual responses like there is in, say, Hostile Intent (don't let your teammates know you're still around, and you risk them blasting you...)

benny015
1st February 2007, 19:00
I think cease fire is DEFINITELY needed cause u always get the noobs firing for 10 minutes after the hidden has left the room, and you can't damn hear which way he went out either or if he's trying to PS someone. it just gets SO DAMN ANNOYING:mad: ;)

Euphoria
1st February 2007, 19:42
Not really that helpful as regards the HUD, but some hidden taunts I just thought up on the spot:

-"FOOL!"
-*Manic laughter: goes from quiet to very loud and lasts about two seconds*
-"Weakling...."
-"DIE!"
-"your flesh is forfeit, your blood is mine!" (from oblivion)
-"I'm coming..."
-"RUN!"
-"Run for your life!"
-"You look tasty.."
-"Feel my blade!"
-"Scared, are we?!?!"
-"Say hello to Jimmeh.."

Take 'em or leave 'em, I'm going back to bed...

legoman
1st February 2007, 20:59
I don't mean to be blunt here, but does 617 REALLY need more taunts? I think the current existing ones are simply perfect and extremely well done. I would acknowledge the fact that most IRIS radio commands are a little on the useless side, but 617's taunts are good enough as they are.

starstriker1
1st February 2007, 21:22
He needs a wordless scream of some kind (along the lines of some of his new sounds in b5 and his pigstick/punt sounds) and some kind of laugh, be it a chuckle or some kind of insane evil doctor laugh, but other than that, yeah, the hidden is pretty well decked out with voice binds! :D

benny015
1st February 2007, 21:31
I still stick by the fact that cease fire is definitely needed:D

Paegus
1st February 2007, 22:37
-"Run for your life!"
-"You look tasty.."
-"Feel my blade!"
-"Scared, are we?!?!"
-"Say hello to Jimmeh.."

sorry but that should be "Taste-oh my brade-oh"

i mean if wow can use hidden references, why can't hidden use warcraft references?

Matto
2nd February 2007, 07:49
I think a "split up" command would be very useful, and more taunts, we need taunts! :p

Isolation
2nd February 2007, 08:07
Anyone else think 617 should spout of the following line:

"What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!"

...yeah. 'twould be an interesting line to use (or not :rolleyes: )

legoman
2nd February 2007, 19:15

Last time I checked, 617 was a sadistic killer - not a nostalgic drama queen.

Euphoria
4th February 2007, 15:03

Do you want to throw in some Shakespear while you're at it?;)

Daily Terror
4th February 2007, 16:15
Players could upload own sounds for beeing the hidden *dream*

khu
4th February 2007, 19:48
Players could upload own sounds for beeing the hidden *dream*

Yeah, I really want to be forced to hear some kid screaming 'AHAHAHA PWN3D U!!!! LOL' at the top of his prepubescent lungs...