PDA

View Full Version : hidden propaganda

pazik
29th January 2007, 05:12
hide little things in the maps, like a poster that says play hidden on it. or a coffee cup on a desk with #1 hidden on it or something. easter eggs! they are a lot of fun.

starstriker1
29th January 2007, 06:10
Oh, you mean like the xbox and Jimmeh (little bear) that can be found on every level? And the jimmeh poster?

Paegus
29th January 2007, 12:27
if you're already playing hidden why would you need to see things telling you to play hidden?

they ruin immersion btw...

Mart Ini
29th January 2007, 15:53
What's the story about jimmeh?

legoman
29th January 2007, 16:19
It's a little bear that two of the main devs found when they moved to a new appartment.

Oh, and the little bear is also a psychotic killer.

Euphoria
29th January 2007, 17:20
I'm all for having more easter eggs (preferably able to use for phys kills) but in game promotion for people who already have the game?

Phaedrus
29th January 2007, 17:55
Easter eggs are good. As for propaganda, perhaps some ad posters for Infinitum cloned organs and such.

Daedalus
29th January 2007, 18:15
Easter eggs are good. As for propaganda, perhaps some ad posters for Infinitum cloned organs and such.

Invisible cloned organs.

Nah, we'd better not. :D

The xbox and jimmeh are enough for me. I remember how fun it was to search for the little bugger in each map when I first began playing. ;)

Phaedrus
29th January 2007, 18:38
Isn't Infinitum's cover story that they make cloned organs grown in animal donors?

Daedalus
29th January 2007, 19:01
Isn't Infinitum's cover story that they make cloned organs grown in animal donors?

Well, yeah. You got a point there.

Some really obscure easter eggs would be nice. Anyone know of the portal secret in pvk's island map? Basically you had to swim off shore, then press use on an invisible button between some rocks, then go behind a hut and jump in a corner. You'd then be transported to the "batcave" where you'd get a full resupply of ammo and armor...

Dr.SharK
29th January 2007, 19:14
Well, yeah. You got a point there.

Some really obscure easter eggs would be nice. Anyone know of the portal secret in pvk's island map? Basically you had to swim off shore, then press use on an invisible button between some rocks, then go behind a hut and jump in a corner. You'd then be transported to the "batcave" where you'd get a full resupply of ammo and armor...

I tend to make those kind of things too. There's even one in Nova, and I don't think ANYONE is ever gonna find it- without mat_showtriggers (that's the command, right?)

Paegus
29th January 2007, 19:32
or just noclip

though i prefer random-trees so sometimes you need to do this and sometimes you need to do that following whatever clues are spawned.

khu
29th January 2007, 19:41
There's a bunch of invisible posters in already! check them out, they're great!