PDA

View Full Version : some ideas

pazik
28th January 2007, 05:01
make the hidden more invisible. if not totally. anyone who wants him more visible has not played enough.

reduce the zoom on the rifle scope. the maps are not that big.
(mabie more clicks, more zoom? or next/previous weapon buttons to change zoom?)

go ahead and flame this one: laser colors. red, green, blue choice.
(thanks for using green, not red. but the new standard is going to be blue. brand new laser, more range than any other color)

i don't care if you say to my face that these ideas suck and will never go anywhere. just want to see what you think. i would like it.

but i STRONGLY think the scope should be reduced because of the map size

starstriker1
28th January 2007, 05:24
1) No need to change the visibility at all. A pretty damn good balance has been struck already
2) Reducing the zoom value a bit might not be too bad.
3) Hmm, I'm kinda split on this one. I like the green, but blue COULD look cool... ultimately, how good it looks (and how functional it is) will be the deciding factor. Remember, after all, that the human eye sees green the best, then blue, then red... so you'd essentially be making it take longer for the brain to recognize the dot if you changed the colour.

hutch
28th January 2007, 05:30
1) Naw, its ok as is
2) Good idea
3) Flame you? *pulls out flamer* Flame you? Bitch you ain't never see flamin like this before. But not today, I also like this idea......blue.....pretty!

Felf
28th January 2007, 09:42
cool as it sounds, I think blue would look out of place... Needs testing methinks.

whoppa
28th January 2007, 11:16
Wohoo.. let the player decide! Just make an option for the laser color.. should not be so difficult to make.. the only problem is that nobody likes an disco with 8 lasers in different colors OMG :O

Paegus
28th January 2007, 11:43
shouldn't be impossible to have hdn_lasercolour R G B A where R,G,B and A are Red, Green, Blue and Alpha transparency all of which are incremented from 0 to 255. and maybe a gimmick/easter-egg that if you set them all to -1 they'll cycle randomly through all values.

but i fail to see the point really. green is pretty nice as it is the best colour for the human eye. and on the surface this game is very much about the human eye.

pazik
28th January 2007, 21:50
i was thinking it would be useful to change laser color depending on map.
on a map with lots of trees or outdoors, green is useless.

starstriker1
28th January 2007, 22:18
No such maps exist, and I don't think one COULD exist unless you built a map exclusively out of green neon, because against normal, dark shades of green it shows up just fine...

ProgrammedToConsume
29th January 2007, 00:32
1:nah its ok(besides think of how many nubs would complain if they made him harder to see)

2:yea

3: hmm, blue lasers, that would look cool

Tsukasa1105
30th January 2007, 06:42
No such maps exist, and I don't think one COULD exist unless you built a map exclusively out of green neon, because against normal, dark shades of green it shows up just fine...

Next up, hdn_greenneon.

I would, if it wouldn't be a horrible idea. :D