PDA

View Full Version : Banned from PlayZen?

Mounce
26th January 2007, 21:59
I was added to the PlayZen ban list for either a retarded or No reason

some immature little dick was trying to annoy me saying stuff like "stop crying" "stop moaning" (I was calm) and said where are you hearing these 'Sound FX?' are you retarded? etc etc

I jokingly immitated him and said "stop sucking dick man! its just a game" (whining, Moaning, sucking, I copied him but added that), but either way i was just playing the game fine but some stupidity coming out of someones mouth saying I was 'crying over a game' just because I said 'bs' when I died once, (i'm sure there are more people out there that have the same pet peeve because when anyone says that to you, not only is it obvious they are playing a game, but its quite annoying that so many say that)

But, why the hell am I banned for saying he sucks dick? No warning, no nothing, and I'm perm banned...

I seriously don't get it.....

Paegus
26th January 2007, 22:12
there's slight difference between "stop crying/moaning" and "stop sucking dicks"

and by slight i mean large.

EmeralDragon
26th January 2007, 22:26
Wow...didn't see this one coming.

Ging
26th January 2007, 22:34
Is this some sort of ironic post - it's got to be, "why am I banned for telling him to stop sucking dicks?" must be some form of ironic statement...

Phaedrus
26th January 2007, 23:19
there's slight difference between "stop crying/moaning" and "stop sucking dicks"

and by slight i mean large.

In my country, the two are one and the same. The people in my country only cry and moan when they have dicks in their mouths. It is true. So say I.

Scuzzy
27th January 2007, 00:17
I'm curious... Does "immature little dick" translate to a minor child?

Either way, you were banned for roughly the same type of language issue on the [o-t] servers back in October. It may be time to re-evaluate your behavior.

Scuzzy

Mounce
27th January 2007, 09:18
when i said jokingly, i meant it larger then anyone thinks, or so it would seem

In my country, the two are one and the same. The people in my country only cry and moan when they have dicks in their mouths. It is true. So say I.

Its where the joke came from, like, why would he same someone is MOANING? over a video game, and crying, thats the first thing that popped into mind, so if you think about it strongly enough, it can be funny

Sometimes, even if immature, just try it, I hate when people label things strongly, swearing excessively, racism, yea, they are bad, but Oooh, 'suck a dick' for someone saying moaning and groaning, lets give a Perm ban for a crappy joke no one else finds funny that would be the same punishment for racism and hacks!

its a game that every intro says 18+, yet I or many are limited to 'some' immaturity or funny or just stupidity? its not causing any god damn harm, 18+! Don't you dare say the word 'dick' in a sentence! you WILL get perm banned for it! same with donkeys hanging out with cats or roosters, bad mix!

so, conclusion TO WHY, I feel that that solution to something that I did, went to far, what I SAID didn't go far at all, it didn't even pass GO and collect 200$ yet!! jesus

Daedalus
27th January 2007, 09:51
PROTIP: The game says 18+, but the server admins can do what the want on the server. Their server, their rules. If they don't want people swearing they can enforce their rules...

Yeah, it is a bit stupid, just live with it. :rolleyes:

edit°
27th January 2007, 10:27
Its not stupid at all, if that server is the server with an atmosphere where you simply won't fit because its full of 'immature little dicks' ((who rant and rave on the forum whenever they're banned for acting like one? :rolleyes: )) then the admin has done you and the other players a favour by banning you because you're completely imcompatible. Move along, yet again, nothing to see here...

Paegus
27th January 2007, 13:05
Its where the joke came from, like, why would he same someone is MOANING? over a video game, and crying, thats the first thing that popped into mind, so if you think about it strongly enough, it can be funny

if after almost every death you say something that equates roughly to "so i died, not because my skills are lacking in any conceivable way but because of some other external influence that i have no control over that is apparently targeting me specifically because i couldn't possibly have died if it was purely based on my superior skills in this and by abstraction all things" then you're moaning. but don't worry. everyone has felt that at some point i'm sure. i know i do every time i die and look down at my line choke as it calmly settles back down to 0. see i just cried/moaned in a broad sense so that anyone who reads this and then sees me playing will hopefully make the association that it's not my lack of skill that causes my deaths so their opinion of me will be that i am still an uber-godlike player i just have a crappy line that for some unknown reason i haven't yet learned to compensate fully for... aka i don't play the game enough.
you just need to not to press the chat key before saying it because nobody really cares and making a big deal of it only highlights your apparent insecurities.

oh and well maybe he hasn't seen that movie/tv show/radio show and didn't get the reference. i certainly haven't... and i probably don't want to either.

as for being 18+ and being mature enough to handle bad words or phrases... also means you should be mature enough to know better than to resort to said bad words or phrases and convey your meaning some other way.

Mounce
27th January 2007, 17:17
Daedalus - Yea, i know servers have their own individual rules, just consider Old Timers, I accidentally swore a bunch(over 10?) of times, but I got Warnings, which is more than grateful, To me, even if it is against the rules, stupid, crappy or any form of joke or saying a swear word, deserves a warning (Don't just start posting annoying shit like "Well servers have their own rules and ways etc") If i banned EVERY person in the server I had in CS for swearing or saying 'DICK' or attempted a stupid joke, there would be no players left, nor would it probably seem fair to them all...

and sorry ahead of time, but edit°, are you purposefully trying to sound like a snobby annoying Dick (Below your name, you say your a dick, so you better not take offense :p ) ? unless i'm seeing something wrong of course, taking that the words 'immature little dicks' as a way of expressing anger towards annoying kids in a game, would you prefer if i said 'Annoying assholes?' 'immature douche bags whom are giant assholes?' or sound more intelligent in my crappy choosings of rare stupid insults "You, <Insert name here>, are an annoying douche bag, I recommend you hang yourself from your stupidity!"

Paegus - I pretty much woke up right now, but your long post to me is somewhat annoying not sure, your ranting about people who rant or its how it looks like right now, i can't judge or think well at the moment, however let me try to answer it

I can complain a good amount, only because I like the game, but hate the engine, to me its the buggiest piece of crap and ruins good gameplay, Source, in CS:S you shoot their knees and get a headshot, Natural selection source? I hope they can make it so the hitbox follows a fast target like how fast the hidden can move, in HIDDEN, it only pisses me off because a lot of crap happens that shouldn't, such as, Hitbox, sometimes on certain servers it can't keep up with the hidden movement! so all you have to do is shoot where he was, Yes i'm sure everyone is aware, or sometimes bullets or knife swings just don't even register, both can get quite annoying, just stating it, something like that to me is annoying, because its not realistic to the game, So, I can get agitated a lot when playing Source games, other then that, everyone else knows the simple or annoying things that can happen in-game, just, I am a person of very short temper, easily agitation to 'stupid' things, and have still kept the child inside of me alive, sadly the draw-back is a good sum of immaturity, but there are more good sides to it, so you will maybe see some, Either way, everyone is poorly judging in my eyes

I don't gloat of my skills, I know I can be good, I know i can fuck up a lot, I know there are many other there who play the game who are better then me, I acknowledge that I'm not the best, so I don't know where people get in their heads that I gloat or try to say to everyone that I'm 'UBER-GODLIKE', If people themselves, THINKING on their own think i'm good, then there, I don't tell people I'm good, I will try to show them if i'm good or not, I don't really give a shit, i'm just playing the game, i doubt my skills 'However they are' can go up any higher, I can't learn any more moves

as for being 18+ and being mature enough to handle bad words or phrases... also means you should be mature enough to know better than to resort to said bad words or phrases and convey your meaning some other way.

So, being 18+ means restriction to those who uncontrollably say 'bad words'? yea real fair, cause everyone in the world can control themselves when it comes to anger on a video game :rolleyes:

and finally, Sorry for such a long post

edit°
27th January 2007, 18:39
I know I can be good, I know i can fuck up a lot

None taken, but I dare say you're fucking up right now. I don't know if you're meaning it but your posts here are just making you look like one of the short-tempered 12 year olds you persistently rant about.

Paegus
27th January 2007, 19:54
So, being 18+ means restriction to those who uncontrollably say 'bad words'? yea real fair, cause everyone in the world can control themselves when it comes to anger on a video game :rolleyes:

pretty much yes. aside from the fact that you can't control yourself... no big deal. feel free to swear, curse, bitch and moan all you like... just don't hit the chat button...

problem solved...

Zabiela
27th January 2007, 21:44
feel free to swear, curse, bitch and moan all you like...

If and when you do hit the chat button, you'll be treated accordingly.

Mounce, you need to slow down, and take a look at yourself. (actually more like listen to yourself)

Isolation
27th January 2007, 22:01
So... ignore the fact there was verbal harassment and ban the guy that said a naughty word.

*Gasp*

Stupidest ban I've seen in recent months, honestly... jeez.

Zabiela
27th January 2007, 22:03

Had it been anyone but mounce I would say the same, but after playing with him in a server I could understand why an admin would get mad.

No offense mounce, but you swear alot, all the time.

Isolation
27th January 2007, 22:09
In a game about murdering people, that particular double standard falls flat.

"Sure, enjoy killing people in bloody, gruesome ways, but don't say naughty words, or we will ban you for life!"

Reminds me of the South Park movie on so many levels...

Zabiela
27th January 2007, 22:13
"Sure, enjoy killing people in bloody, gruesome ways, but don't say naughty words, or we will ban you for life!"

I understand your point, trust me, but thats how I know mounce. If it were up to me, heck swear all you want. Too bad I dont own the server :p

Dead Inside
27th January 2007, 23:14
I banned you myself for various reasons. The verbal abuse you directed towards another player was the final straw after the revenge teamkilling.

So to clear it up, it was not the swearing it was the abusive nature the comments appeared to be made in which i objected to and the general distruption that was cause by your actions during the time i was monitoring the server.

I can't say i'm particularly fond of swearing on servers as there is often no need for it at all, however it usually only really becomes an issue when its used in an abusive manner.

Also, from what i recall there was nothing particularly abusive about what the other player said.

Mounce
28th January 2007, 04:54
So... ignore the fact there was verbal harassment and ban the guy that said a naughty word.

*Gasp*

I know when something is understandable, but I still see this as 'Retarded' or dumbest thing to get banned for, I've been banned for saying "Hello' in a server! (Joined a server, 1st round, I said hey to everyone, I was picked as hidden, killed 2 people twice, then was banned)

I get banned for many crazy things, my short temper being a high reason, BUT CMON, I know when i'm wrong, I already admitted a lot of crap, But I still label this stupid!

Had it been anyone but mounce I would say the same, but after playing with him in a server I could understand why an admin would get mad.

No offense mounce, but you swear alot, all the time.

Ok, so tell me its against the rules, don't just fucking ban me PERM for not knowing not to say the word "Dick", does it sound stupid or NOT? An admin can get mad, SURE! If its against his/her rules, but there should always be a warn or something

I understand your point, trust me, but thats how I know mounce. If it were up to me, heck swear all you want. Too bad I dont own the server :p

yes, I'd say "Swear all you want" as long as you don't go OVERBOARD with insulting others, whenever I swear, 80-90&#37; of the time, its just to myself or to no one.....I know you don't own the server, but whoever does should warn people of such small shit that is called the rules, again, to ban perm without warning of 'No Swearing' rules, is just plain STUPID, RACISM, I wouldn't give a warning, Hacking/Cheating? No warning! But SWEARING!!! CMON!

I banned you myself for various reasons. The verbal abuse you directed towards another player was the final straw after the revenge teamkilling.

So to clear it up, it was not the swearing it was the abusive nature the comments appeared to be made in which i objected to and the general distruption that was cause by your actions during the time i was monitoring the server.

I can't say i'm particularly fond of swearing on servers as there is often no need for it at all, however it usually only really becomes an issue when its used in an abusive manner.

Also, from what i recall there was nothing particularly abusive about what the other player said.

Verbal Abuse? Please type down the verbal abuse I threw at people other then saying "stop sucking dicks" there probably is a few more, but i'm sure not a lot that could be worth a Perm ban...

and Oh yea, 'Revenge' teamkilling is So bad! But the person who originally Tk's is OKAY and is an innocent little muffin....Accidental or not, that person shot his gun in an OUT-OF-CONTROL fashion, killing MANY PEOPLE, anyone would get pissed off... he injured one or more of his teammates nearly every round, and every few rounds, he'd finish or injure BADLY one teammate.... I killed him once for killing me once or twice, so harsh, not like i was going to go on a damn TK killing spree afterwards, or would kill him multiple times, you act as if I was going to go out of control, which would indeed become something worth banning

- give me your definition of 'abusive manner' too please

There are ways when you can be Vulgar, or you can just be a plain old asshole or annoying as hell without use of Swear words, just because a person doesn't use swear words, doesn't mean they aren't agitating/being annoying, or being an asshole, seriously, there has to be others who have a pet peeve towards people saying the annoying overused "Its just a video game, stop crying" line....It was fine long ago, but since of hearing it being said by so many people, its a pet peeve, So SORRRRY!

ALSO, Sorry again for another long POST (for whom read it all)

ComeToJesus
28th January 2007, 06:25
Who cares dude?
If I got banned from a server that diligently enforced moronic rules, I wouldn't give a flying fuck.
It happened so often in CS. Especially when I'd come across bible thumping idiotic admins that were offended by my screen name. Ro-fucking-full. They tell me to change my name, I tell them to suck a fat one, I get banned. Simple. Moving on.

Daedalus
28th January 2007, 07:00
Especially when I'd come across bible thumping idiotic admins that were offended by my screen name.

Hahah, man that is so ironic. Sure they enjoy virtual violence and shooting people in the head but God forbid someone actually uses a blasphemous name! :D

Yeah but you see, the difference between cs and hidden is that cs has thousands of servers. Hidden is in the tens right now.

I'd get pissed if I got banned off a w3 server or a server which has those break maps in their cycle, as those are rare.

However, you try having my connection. You'd lag so often 90% of the time you'd get pingkicked off the server or get so mad you'd turn off the compy.

You don't know how hard it is to try bf2142 on this thing. :(

Mounce
28th January 2007, 08:56
Hahah, man that is so ironic. Sure they enjoy virtual violence and shooting people in the head but God forbid someone actually uses a blasphemous name! :D

Yeah but you see, the difference between cs and hidden is that cs has thousands of servers. Hidden is in the tens right now.

I'd get pissed if I got banned off a w3 server or a server which has those break maps in their cycle, as those are rare.

However, you try having my connection. You'd lag so often 90&#37; of the time you'd get pingkicked off the server or get so mad you'd turn off the compy.

Exactly what I was about to say, I have NO concern over Counter-strike, what was there? or 'Is'? 60,000 servers? + CS:S ? Hidden: Source doesn't even have 1% in comparison to CS/CS:S servers!

being banned in any is a big deal, whether it has a retarded reason or not, because it means less servers to go to, since it featured PS=OFF, and every week I only see MORE PS=ON servers coming in! and I hate Pigstab! its a newbish technique and all i see is people use it too much, thats why I also love Knigh7s 'PS' Limitations, so JUST in case you need it for an emergency if in critical health, you can use it if someone camps or something..

So, I do care, and will fight and won't stop until there is absolutely no hope left, and I can stretch the word 'Hope' by a lot....

You don't know how much more agitating BF2142 is to me :| or how many times I get banned from servers, because as I have said before, MY ONE WEAKNESS in a video game......is a swear filter/kicker, and Punkbuster continuously kicks me out :(, I swear Punkbuster is more annoying then it does help people, it also kicks me out of servers saying I have cheats on or sometimes it doesn't have anything written down on the box after a kick, it just likes to toy with you!! WHY!!! :mad:

lol

Daedalus
28th January 2007, 09:11
and I hate Pigstab! its a newbish technique and all i see is people use it too much

It ain't that bad. The pigstick is the only way to kill campers - with that barrel lying right next to them! If you try to throw something that is very near a marine it usually passes right through them...

You don't know how much more agitating BF2142 is to me :| or how many times I get banned from servers, because as I have said before, MY ONE WEAKNESS in a video game......is a swear filter/kicker, and Punkbuster continuously kicks me out :(, I swear Punkbuster is more annoying then it does help people, it also kicks me out of servers saying I have cheats on or sometimes it doesn't have anything written down on the box after a kick, it just likes to toy with you!! WHY!!! :mad:

Yeah, but your problem can be prevented by not swearing. My problem isn't really as simple as "stop lagging". :D

The empty kick box is damn annoying if you ask me. Sometimes I get booted for no apparent reason and I'd at least like a reason. :rolleyes:

ComeToJesus
29th January 2007, 00:37

[/SIZE]

Yeah man, and it's not even blasphemous!
True enough about the server count, but I don't even know of these w3 servers, and I've always had plenty of fun playing on whatever server isn't lagging and has people playing.

ComeToJesus
29th January 2007, 00:39
Exactly what I was about to say, I have NO concern over Counter-strike, what was there? or 'Is'? 60,000 servers? + CS:S ? Hidden: Source doesn't even have 1% in comparison to CS/CS:S servers!

being banned in any is a big deal, whether it has a retarded reason or not, because it means less servers to go to, since it featured PS=OFF, and every week I only see MORE PS=ON servers coming in! and I hate Pigstab! its a newbish technique and all i see is people use it too much, thats why I also love Knigh7s 'PS' Limitations, so JUST in case you need it for an emergency if in critical health, you can use it if someone camps or something..

So, I do care, and will fight and won't stop until there is absolutely no hope left, and I can stretch the word 'Hope' by a lot....

You have to make due. I play on PS on servers often. I don't use it, and the people who do, are usually newbs who are more often than not easily taken care of. Sure you'll get popped every once in a while, but meh.

Then this game means a whole lot more to you than is healthy.

Mounce
29th January 2007, 00:50
Gaming is healthy?

lol

I do Occasionally go to PS servers when I see there are NO PS=OFF servers and I really want to play, and just hope those who get hidden MISS me with pigstab, Don't use Pigstab, or that I blast them before they have a chance :)

Also, Its not just of that of why i hate BF2142, the KNIFING system and shooting system, both of them are agitatingly, TO THE EXTREME!.....Shitty...

:\

Daedalus
29th January 2007, 11:38
Also, Its not just of that of why i hate BF2142, the KNIFING system and shooting system, both of them are agitatingly, TO THE EXTREME!.....Shitty...

Specially cause sometimes the knife can even pass through someone, and trying to knife someone who's strafing is nigh impossible... :rolleyes:

Well I guess it's like that to balance the fact that it's an instant kill. I'll prolly get gold when I get my new connection. (If it works :D)

Mounce
29th January 2007, 18:32
I got a the GOLDEN Knife badge already, was semi-tough

I just fucking hate it when knifers start DIVING at you, it seems when they dive, they can always hit you, and its hard to knife someone on the floor compared to if they stand, some call it something the pros use, while i say its just cheap! :mad: cheap techniques can be learned as well as pro techniques in games, but I just find it cheap, who in a battlefield who gets in a knife fight, dives at you constantly then start crawling towards you, gets up, then tries again :rolleyes:

But then again, what about the main point of this topic.....has it gone to the point where people are thinking I have a point? or realizing why it seems like a stupid ban.....

Mayhem
29th January 2007, 20:26
/offtopic

I just fucking hate it when knifers start DIVING at you, it seems when they dive, they can always hit you, and its hard to knife someone on the floor compared to if they stand, some call it something the pros use, while i say its just cheap! cheap techniques can be learned as well as pro techniques in games, but I just find it cheap, who in a battlefield who gets in a knife fight, dives at you constantly then start crawling towards you, gets up, then tries again

Dolphin-diving, 'noobtube'(until BF2 1.2 patch), whats wrong? If you want to play BF competitive then you HAVE to know how to use such methods. Public gameplay sucks in BF. (Not BF42, only BF2 and the expensive mod BF2142). Organized games ftw :)

Zabiela
29th January 2007, 21:17
and the expensive mod BF2142)

Finally, someone realised.

Bf2 can be great with teamplay. I played on "tactical gamer"'s teamplay enforced servers, and it was good. But when everyones camping the vehicle spawns, and chopper capping... its lame.

Mounce
30th January 2007, 00:25
I hate the BF2142 Helicopters, its like, impossible to crash them, in BF2, they are so god damn fun to fly, and it takes SKILL to pilot them as a PRO, I've seen a guy so damn could, he could shoot aircrafts down, do a barrel-roll, ANYTHING....God he must have had Helicopter HAXORZ! :eek:

Shockwave
13th February 2007, 09:10
This appears to have gone off-topic, and devolved into BF2142 discussion, but anyway...

I was going to reply to reinforce Dead Inside's point, and that the entire Admin team (we don't just play Hidden, you know) would ban for similar things. That's the environment we'd like to play in, because we play games to relax and enjoy ourselves. Being called (and I'm quoting from this very thread) a 'retard' for enforcing the rules you agreed to on your way in, and were warned about, well, I can't say we'll miss the company.

There are ways to get unbanned. But seeing as server administration isn't a democracy, calling the people who own, operate and put their own personal time into the servers names isn't one of them.

Much like CS:S, we'd rather get a quality game, over quantity every time.

Cheers,
Shockwave

EmeralDragon
14th February 2007, 19:50
I hate the BF2142 Helicopters, its like, impossible to crash them, in BF2, they are so god damn fun to fly, and it takes SKILL to pilot them as a PRO, I've seen a guy so damn could, he could shoot aircrafts down, do a barrel-roll, ANYTHING....God he must have had Helicopter HAXORZ! :eek:

/offtopic

BF2 choppers requiring skill to fly? lmao

Try good ol Desert Combat for BF1942. The .25 beta was the best, and any of the DC versions has much more realistic handling than BF2. They seriously dumbed them down for the noobtards.

Don't get me started on 2142. Those arn't any more helicopters than the ones in Wargasm (and that's a bad thing...very bad).

Dr.SharK
15th February 2007, 06:47
Reminds me of the South Park movie on so many levels...

"
-We must launch a full assault!
-It's Canada's fault!

" :D