PDA

View Full Version : ModDB 2006 MOTY Awards Out

Master of Puppets
25th January 2007, 07:42
Gr8 work guys! I played golden eye and i honestly think that hidden should be placed higher but its a nice place anyway. I hope this will atract more players to our favorite game ;) Keep ut the good work mates (cant w8 for b5 ^^ ).

Boxy
25th January 2007, 09:02
Well for anyone not on the ball, ModDB finally got round to publishing the results of the 2006 MOTY awards. We didn't do too bad, the smart money would dive on in and have a look (http://features.moddb.com/287/mods-of-2006-players-choice/?fpage=1).

Thanks to anyone and everyone who gave us a click, fourth overall isnt a bad place to be against the entire armada of mods available on ModDB. I can only assume that BF2 is so incredibly popular that its mods wiped the floor but well done everyone involved. Comment away kids...

crans
25th January 2007, 09:06
Too true my lil Metallica whore. Hopefully this means an increase in Aus servers!

Ging
25th January 2007, 11:14
I'm impressed, especially when you consider that we barely mentioned it...

edit : I'm even more impressed that we snuck in ahead of GMod - I thought it'd wipe the floor with everything

Kira Yamato
25th January 2007, 11:23
I'm fairly impressed that you beat Dystopia, Natural Selection, and Minerva. Those are some serious bragging rights there.

Master of Puppets
25th January 2007, 11:43
I just cant understand whats doing Golden eye on 3th?!?! I played it and its only remake of a game we played on nintendo or waht was it... no inovations... like what the hell??? Hidden is far more inovative and fun to play. I stuck to GE for 2 days then i got bored...

Paegus
25th January 2007, 11:46
goldeneye was THE game way back.the CS of the N64 crowd if not all of gamedom at the time. it just rocked. GE:S is riding that coat-tail imo...

and gmod isn't even a mod any more though is it?

Master of Puppets
25th January 2007, 11:52
goldeneye was THE game way back.the CS of the N64 crowd if not all of gamedom at the time. it just rocked. GE:S is riding that coat-tail imo...

and gmod isn't even a mod any more though is it?

i know it WAS THE game :) i played it too... but what made it so special imo was that u were sitting next to ur 3 friends and u could kick them in leg everytime they killed u :) also it isnt so much fun when u have mouse and keyboard insted of keypad... for me its just another dm...

Zabiela
25th January 2007, 11:59
I like the crosshair system in GE.

whoppa
25th January 2007, 12:44
I'm suprised, too. Did not think that you could make it into the top 5.. but you got my vote .. :)

Congratulations, guys. Keep up the good work. Make the Hidden better than ever before.. ;)

Noir
25th January 2007, 15:32
go team

legoman
25th January 2007, 17:46
Wow congrats, this is definitely the greatest news for Hidden: Source so far.

As for Goldeneye: Source making it to fourth, it's just like Metallica - it WAS THE band back then, but now it's dead and won't make it back on its feet because of the retarded producer. That's what I think about Goldeneye in general, but at least the HL2 mod looks promising so unlike Metallica, not all is lost :P

edit°
25th January 2007, 17:58
Meh at metallica :P Kill Em All was a fine effort but other than that its very mediocre compared to how hyped up they are. I much prefer the runner-up guitarist's stuff :P A la megadeth.

About the moddb thing all I'll say is that its about time. Hidden has been the best longstanding HL2 mod since modding started in source, nothing else other than GMOD and dys have even come close.

legoman
25th January 2007, 18:18
Well that's true, just excluding the official Valve mods like DoD:S and CS:S of course :D

The other mods in that list seem pretty damn good as well, and not just judging by the screenshots so it's quite impressive to see H:S amongst them as well... although I wish it was on top haha.

I think the problem with some mods is that they either rush too fast or make way too many changes too often. This game, on the other hand, did quite the opposite which is why it got its recognition.

ill
25th January 2007, 19:05
ROCK ON HIDDEN SOURCE:D

Phaedrus
25th January 2007, 20:25
Congrats to the dev team. You deserve it.

Dark Soul
25th January 2007, 23:25
You guys should have at least gotten bronze.But I guess,getting a better place then Garry's mod counts for something:p .

Handsome
26th January 2007, 00:16
Congratulations to the dev team!
You make a great work, you deserve it.

Toutes mes félicitations !

Ging
26th January 2007, 08:40
We've also managed "Most Ambient" in the Editors Choice (http://features.moddb.com/288/mods-of-2006-editors-choice/) - which is in and of itself cool (also makes it our second year with an EC award!)

Paegus
26th January 2007, 09:03
it's also the only one in the EC list without any overtly negative quotes tacked on the side :)

Ging
26th January 2007, 09:39
This is true - the commentary on the video for the actual awards was also fairly delightful.

Master of Puppets
26th January 2007, 14:07
like Metallica - it WAS THE band back then, but now it's dead and won't make it back on its feet because of the retarded producer.

Just w8 for the new album, it will rip all unbelievers into 1000 pieces :-P

scratch
26th January 2007, 15:21
Congratulations :)

Gusdor
27th January 2007, 17:36
Just w8 for the new album, it will rip all unbelievers into 1000 pieces :-P
Its over dude :P They really suck

As for the awards - hmmmm. Well, I think a second editors choice award is a much better achievement tbh. I have the same feelings about golden eye. Its a remake. Its pretty much a direct port. Weird imo. Fun-ish tho

svp_luke
1st February 2007, 01:44
Congrats Hidden :D