PDA

View Full Version : Just A Couple Suggestions.

ill
22nd January 2007, 18:24
sorry if these have already been posted but i would like to say some things i noticed while playing THE HIDDEN.
1.Sometimes when i pounce at someone and slash them it doesnt do any damage to them but you can hear the slash and see the blood is it my pc or what? :confused: :confused: :confused:
2.It only happened to me 3 times when i pounced and sortof did a double pounce and went flying in the direction of the pounce? :confused: :confused: :confused:
3.In hdn_traindepo some iris got on the train in the left hand corner of the map so i went after them and somehow pounced off the map from the train (pounced up) and couldnt come back on to it. :confused: :confused: :confused:
4.Another time i pounced off the hdn_origin. I pounced just before the lag (tried to stick to the wall near the ceeling) flew off the map and just kept on falling and falling and falling untill i left the server.:confused: :confused: :confused:
(too much lag on the map):mad:

Handsome
22nd January 2007, 18:28
Yeah, i fell off the map several times too. A lag issue most certainly.

ill
22nd January 2007, 18:31
yes i realy wish that they fix the map for the final hidden because afterall it is a good map isnt it? (imagine it without the lag):p

Handsome
22nd January 2007, 18:35
Ah .. well, i fell off from Stalkyards 1 time and from Executive 1 time too.. can't remember the spots where it happened thus..

And, i pretty like Traindepot too ( except that it feels a little too "limited" (too small, not many possibilities maybe, i'm no expert)

ill
22nd January 2007, 18:42
I also think that when you are the serveillence you should be able to look around.
bet this issue was rised a couple of times now soz for repeat

Daedalus
22nd January 2007, 19:40
1. Lag issue. Lag compensation causes this, you can't work around it.
2. What.
3 and 4: This isn't a map specific bug, the noclipping just happens randomly sometimes. Once I got outside the map somehow pouncing on an iris which uncrouched the moment I landed on his head.

Korittke
23rd January 2007, 07:22
2.It only happened to me 3 times when i pounced and sortof did a double pounce and went flying in the direction of the pounce? :confused: :confused: :confused:
I get this sometimes when I throw physics items around, pouncing. Eventually I'll be flying around the entire map like a freaking plane because of this.

Dr.SharK
23rd January 2007, 12:49
I get this sometimes when I throw physics items around, pouncing. Eventually I'll be flying around the entire map like a freaking plane because of this.

Try taking an item, pounce into something so you end up INSIDE the item, let go of it and you'll FLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. (works most of the time)

Bodge
23rd January 2007, 13:06
And, i pretty like Traindepot too ( except that it feels a little too "limited" (too small, not many possibilities maybe, i'm no expert)

That is why it is good, if iris get their act together they can easily hunt the hidden, but a good hidden can move around quickly and constantly attack.

Daedalus
23rd January 2007, 13:07
Try taking an item, pounce into something so you end up INSIDE the item, let go of it and you'll FLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. (works most of the time)

Try instagibbing yourself with a pallet. :D

ill
23rd January 2007, 14:24
what's a pallet lol?

Paegus
23rd January 2007, 15:07
http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=pallet

ill
23rd January 2007, 16:06
cool thanks

ill
23rd January 2007, 20:32
OH OH OH
i got 2 more suggestions and a tip:)
1.You should be able to run a little faster as the hidden because it is so anoying when you pounce close to an iris so that he doesn't see you and if he starts to walk away from you(not knowing that you are behind), you try to run after him to slash him but you both run at the same speed so your position is given away when he hears you slash the air:(:(:(:mad:
2.I realy miss the idea that there used to a lot of hidden and iris bodies in ovr aparently they gave up the idea hope it retturns(lots of bodies everywhere JOY!!):):)
3.When you have been killed as the hidden you go to the cameras or to an iris headcamera, when they stand still press the aurafiew key and you get the vision of auraview:D i use it to see the health if the remaining iris.
(perhaps it should be fixed by the final game or not:confused: :))

Zabiela
23rd January 2007, 20:52
OH OH OH
i got 2 more suggestions and a tip:)
1.You should be able to run a little faster as the hidden because it is so anoying when you pounce close to an iris so that he doesn't see you and if he starts to walk away from you(not knowing that you are behind), you try to run after him to slash him but you both run at the same speed so your position is given away when he hears you slash the air:(:(:(:mad:
2.I realy miss the idea that there used to a lot of hidden and iris bodies in ovr aparently they gave up the idea hope it retturns(lots of bodies everywhere JOY!!):):)
3.When you have been killed as the hidden you go to the cameras or to an iris headcamera, when they stand still press the aurafiew key and you get the vision of auraview:D i use it to see the health if the remaining iris.
(perhaps it should be fixed by the final game or not:confused: :))

1. The hidden wont be running faster because he can pounce.
2. Ovr is being ditched in b5. (i think)

Korittke
23rd January 2007, 21:07
I always thought the Hidden was slightly faster, is he not?

And about the aura view, you can check your console to see how much damage you have dealt to other players in a round.

Isolation
23rd January 2007, 21:24
2. Ovr is being ditched in b5. (i think)

Still there, just unsupported. I'd guess that decision was made for the few ovr fans that do exist. And, honesty, it can be fun in VERY small doses. One map one week, one another.

Handsome
23rd January 2007, 21:41
huh? I find OVR rather funny guys.. i mean, you're concentrating, playing seriously and all..comes an ovr map (always derelict), and you can play dumb , relax, etc.. OVR is good for nerves i mean.. so i like it pretty much (like 1 ovr map in the middle of 3 hours playing)

Ging
23rd January 2007, 22:00
617 runs a fair bit faster than the IRIS...

legoman
23rd January 2007, 22:47
617 runs a fair bit faster than the IRIS...

It's actually one of the ways to discern that distinct noise 617 creates with his footsteps.

Paegus
23rd January 2007, 22:52
he really shouldn't make any footstep noises as his shoes are made of soft sound absorbing flesh wrapped bone... replace them with a faint snow-pants style zipping noise that his hospital pants might be making as he hops around!

Spanktacular
23rd January 2007, 23:47
/me looks down at that forum titled "suggestions"

ill
24th January 2007, 09:55
yeah i gues it sould be moved
i don't think he has any shoes (has he??):confused:

edit°
24th January 2007, 09:59
Some bastard took them away :mad:

crans
24th January 2007, 10:37
Ok, you can steal a man's body, you can pump him full of drugs, but for the love of God, you can't take away a man's shoes for Christ's sake!!!

ill
24th January 2007, 14:39
:confused: who took the shoes???

Handsome
24th January 2007, 15:41
He took it away himself, he is know more animal than human, he needs to feel the ground' vibrations and it needs to be bare foot to stick to surfaces etc.. or not.

Felf
24th January 2007, 19:14
eesh, better explaination:

When he escaped, he wasn't expected to escape, and hadn't been given a map of the Infinitum Research complex, so couldn't find his way to the shoe-room. He had to go barefoot :(

(an interesting easter-egg would be if the first IRIS who died lost his shoes, and if the hidden is killed /before/ killing an IRIS, he is barefoot, but if he's killed /after/ killing at least one IRIS, he has shoes on... I wonder how long it would take for people to start noticing...)

ill
24th January 2007, 19:21
sometimes you confuse me Felf:confused:

<Beatlemania>
24th January 2007, 21:42
don't be scared by his random thoughts :p

crans
24th January 2007, 21:48
They know you're afraid....

pazik
28th January 2007, 04:21
i played origin and i noticed, every time it lag-spikes the screen shakes and a loud explosion plays.

perhaps, remove the shaking, replace/ remove the exploding sounds and it may be fixed?

im not an expert programmer, but i can put 2 and 2 together to see that exploding in origin = lag.

starstriker1
28th January 2007, 04:44
Thats already been done. The shaking is removed.

ill
30th January 2007, 19:32
what about the noise has the lag stopped???

Zabiela
30th January 2007, 20:15
what about the noise has the lag stopped???

He just answered your question!!!

ill
31st January 2007, 16:14
soz:D

benny015
1st February 2007, 21:43
going back to one of his first points, slashing not doin damage, that happens to me sometimes, i slash 'em 7 times sometimes and theyre still standin:eek: and by that time im doin worse off:rolleyes:

edit°
1st February 2007, 21:46
Nothing can be done about that, its valves fault.