PDA

View Full Version : I feel compelled...

Cyborg
22nd January 2007, 00:34
To tell you all that I sold my Wii and bought an Xbox 360 in it's place. I just like it much better. Graphics and otherwise. Your thoughts?

Isolation
22nd January 2007, 00:41
All good, as long as it's not a PS3. Until the Wii has a real killer app (other than Zelda), the 360 is still kinda the king at the moment... Gears bends Red Steel over and has its way all night.

crans
22nd January 2007, 00:51
Fair call, I'd say Xbox would be a good choice, at the moment, but later on down the track the Wii could make its way back maybe?

hutch
22nd January 2007, 00:55
Agreed, while the wii is a blast, i donut think its top dog at the moment.

starstriker1
22nd January 2007, 01:55
It's launch titles were better than the 360s, but the 360 has a year and a half of high quality games (Gears is awesome, though I've played it rarely), and the Wii still needs a bit further to go before it's really worth the investment.

(that said, ZELDA ROCKS, and Raving Rabbids is the best party game ever constructed)

It'll be well worth it once all the big games come out this year, like Metroid, Mario, Strikers, etc. Given the fact that the system can't stay on the shelves, publishers have started taking notice and we'll be seeing a ton of third party games. The installed base is already growing at a phenominal rate...

I can't wait for a decent online enabled shooter for Wii, especially if it's a tactical shooter.

Isolation
22nd January 2007, 01:59
So far, the DS is about the only system I can't find for sale. Due probably to both demand, and Nintendo cutting production on it in favor of the Wii...

QReaper
22nd January 2007, 02:16
So far, the DS is about the only system I can't find for sale. Due probably to both demand, and Nintendo cutting production on it in favor of the Wii...
I've got one right on my computer desk.:D

As a matter of fact, the DS was the biggest seller of the Holiday Season in the game area, topping Wii, 360, and PS3 sales.

Isolation
22nd January 2007, 02:22
I've got one right on my computer desk.:D

As a matter of fact, the DS was the biggest seller of the Holiday Season in the game area, topping Wii, 360, and PS3 sales.

The DS is awesome. I already have both Castlevania games, and I'm planning on picking up Hotel Dusk: Room 215 when I get paid. I just hope Nintendo starts DS production back up. Last I read, the back order was to the effect of 50,000 units (and yes, I've been buying games before the system. CV games have a habit of becoming hard to find).

Zabiela
22nd January 2007, 02:24
Due to the inability to obtain one, I bought a ticket to a music festival this summer instead of my wii. Ill get it later, I still have 2 games.

Kira Yamato
22nd January 2007, 03:52
The DS is awesome. I already have both Castlevania games, and I'm planning on picking up Hotel Dusk: Room 215 when I get paid. I just hope Nintendo starts DS production back up. Last I read, the back order was to the effect of 50,000 units (and yes, I've been buying games before the system. CV games have a habit of becoming hard to find).

I have my DS, and I suggest you get Megaman ZX. Also, it gets hard to find any of Konami's games because those morons produce numbers that would be acceptable for Japan, for the American market.

Ging
22nd January 2007, 08:08
I recently picked up Trauma Center for my DS (sadly, I only have a fat DS) and it's far too amusing... I'm intrigued by the Wii version - other than that, I'm looking forward to Elite Beat Agents...

Just to completely hijack the thread and discuss DS games...

Noir
22nd January 2007, 08:24
And pokemon, which the bastards are stopping people from importing, so that we have to wait for them to translate it for our french neighbours. the sole reason i'd maybe swap my phat for a lite, and they make me wait!

Isolation
22nd January 2007, 20:04
I have my DS, and I suggest you get Megaman ZX. Also, it gets hard to find any of Konami's games because those morons produce numbers that would be acceptable for Japan, for the American market.

I knew Natsume did that with the Harvest Moon games (which are nigh impossible to find after their first week of release... something I had to apologize to my sister for on multiple occasions). But Konami doing that seems odd... given that their games seem to sell better here.

And, yes, I know to get ZX. I liked the Zero games enough to warrant buying it, but all the videos I found are just of Rock/Mega Man. Zero is still playable, right?

Kira Yamato
22nd January 2007, 21:17
And, yes, I know to get ZX. I liked the Zero games enough to warrant buying it, but all the videos I found are just of Rock/Mega Man. Zero is still playable, right?

You play as one of 2 characters, Aile, or Vent. When you start the game you play with a Megaman/Rockmax X like form, then after a mission which you can't avoid the Girouette cut scene. Giro dies and you get the Z Biometal it bonds with the X bio metal and you get the ZX form which is like Playing as Zero with X's buster. Through out the course of the game you pick up Phantom, Leviathan, Harpuia, and Fefnir forms. This game isn't really canon in the Megaman/X/Zero universes.

legoman
22nd January 2007, 21:45
Wow, thanks for the info. I've beaten pretty much every single Zero and Battlenetworks, but I haven't heard of this new one yet.

A bit off topic, but does anyone own a GBA flash card? I'm wondering what those are going for since Lik-Sang, a major supplier of cool Japanese stuff, was closed down by stupid Sony. I currently have my 512 MB flash card and my 64 MB is laying around somewhere... dunno where.

The GBA has been super slow last year and practically no games, other than like 10 versions of Pokemon, were released....

Isolation
22nd January 2007, 21:54
GBA has had a last hurrah with the release of Final Fantasy VI Advance. Looks more fun than the DS edition of FF3.

crans
22nd January 2007, 22:34
FF VI Kicked ass...

Oh sorry, you may continue...