PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Bloodlust Mod V1.0

Phaedrus
17th January 2007, 20:13
Delete this thread.

Zabiela
17th January 2007, 20:26
I saw the server and was curious to what this is. Whats "knife throw power"?

Ging
17th January 2007, 20:49
I'll be honest - that sounds fucking horrific (and no, that's not a good thing).

edit°
18th January 2007, 11:05
It doesn't sound like something I'll be playing much of but I might give it a try later. Don't be afraid to keep working on it and improving it with what people tell you, eventually if you come up with something seriously fun and well thought out theres a good chance you could submit it to the powers that be. It doesn't sound any worse than OVR in its current implementation :eek: :p

Daedalus
18th January 2007, 12:16
It might be fun, but it will get boring fast, just like OVR... :p

Ging
18th January 2007, 21:24
Why muck about with the weighting? We've spent an age making it fair - seeing that get fiddled with does nothing but annoy me.

Zabiela
18th January 2007, 21:27
Why muck about with the weighting? We've spent an age making it fair

Random chance doesnt give the imression of a "fair" system to newcomers unfortunately.
Was a static most damage selection ever suggested, shot down?

Knigh7s
19th January 2007, 23:09
your scripts look pretty clean. I to am working on some event scripts, but mostly for admin support and automation. the only game modifier i really use is a modified version of the Pigstick Limiter.

Keep the ideas coming!

ThunderDan
20th January 2007, 05:32
I highly recommend you post your stuff in the Mattie Event Script forum, http://forums.mattie.info/cs/forums/viewforum.php?f=56.

The hidden feeding can work, but I don't know the event that feeding triggers, if it does in fact trigger an event, so I'd have to constantly monitor his health and that would bring most servers to a crawl. But, I haven't put much more thought into the rage script seeing as the development team will have something similar in B5. If you have an idea on getting it working I'd be glad to incorporate it.

Daedalus
20th January 2007, 07:23
While we're still talking about eventscripts, anyone tried making one that enables the hidden to drop his knife in exchange for increased stamina and increased throwing power?

Knigh7s
20th January 2007, 18:03
Ya it wasnt hard at all to covert Korittke's limit script to an addon, very basic to say the least.

Thanks. I've used Korittke's limit script, but it is not an addon. I was thinking of making my own in addon form so it is easier to use. I also saw ThunderDan was wanting to do something with turning it off based on hidden health, but he was having trouble with detecting feeding. If he still hasn't gotten it working, I could certainly do it.

A similar idea I have is to dynamically change the stamina drain based on hidden's health to reflect weakness from injury. I think I can do the same with his pouncing, but it would be trickier to accomplish. Other variables could be the number of iris left.

Btw, I have added the most damage selection method to my weighting system. It requires eventscripts 1.3.0.006 though. I could do it without it, but it would clutter up the code.

Zabiela
20th January 2007, 19:37
While we're still talking about eventscripts, anyone tried making one that enables the hidden to drop his knife in exchange for increased stamina and increased throwing power?

That would be crazy!

Daedalus
20th January 2007, 21:13
That would be crazy!

Crazy awesome.

It's been discussed once in a previous topic as far as I can remember, and it did seem like a good idea. Well, for fun at least. For example playing 303/phys is real cool, but it could never be made into a game mode for plenty reasons.