PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else think this is more than a little pathetic?

Gusdor
17th January 2007, 11:55
http://www.millenium-source.org/images/stories/News/Gawell%2070/wowscrnshot_011707_040340.jpg

In this picture, taken last night, a GNOME (why why why!!?) Mage is literally just dinging to 70 after less than 24 hours of the Burning Crusade being avaliable to play.

He got help from his whole guild to lvl. Afaik he aoe tagged alot of mobs and then a raid from his guild killed them.

Le sigh. This boy...is a virgin

crans
17th January 2007, 12:28
Of course it's pathetic, I mean, it's WoW, and it's worse that he's lvl 70.

Gusdor
17th January 2007, 12:30
I think you are missing the point

crans
17th January 2007, 12:35
Oh? :(

Ging
17th January 2007, 14:07
He was unable to reach level 70 until yesterday (the level limit was raised with the launch of TBC) - that he's done this in ~24 (I heard 27) hours is both amazing and pathetic all at the same time.

Gusdor
17th January 2007, 14:37
People in my guild keep saying "i bet i hit 70 first" and are playing all dat and night. I reply with, who cares? Visually TBC is pretty stunning so why rush it? there is lots to see

Paegus
17th January 2007, 15:45
/doesn't play WoW and probably wouldn't even if it wasn't Pay-2-Play

wouldn't that be an exploit? or did he just use the scraps of exp he got from his portion of the attacks?

Gusdor
17th January 2007, 16:02
Its not an exploit - his guild formed a raid group - and he was solo

he attackerd the mobs first with an area of effect spell like arcane explosion or blast wave and the guild raid finished of the mobs. He will have got all the XP.

100% virgins the lot of them. They even had a grinding schedule for this guy so that they could do it around the clock.....

Paegus
17th January 2007, 16:33
meh... as far as i'm concerned getting exp for work you didn't do is an exploit

if that's an intended game mechanic then i now know that i will never ever play that game... unless i was paid to.

Dr.SharK
17th January 2007, 17:29
Sorry to burst your bubble, but this pic is actually from the beta. The highest lvl character right now, according to the forum, is a lvl 64.

Boxy
17th January 2007, 17:32
*Points and mocks Shark for posting too quickly without checking sources*

28 hours to level 70 - Joystiq article (http://www.joystiq.com/2007/01/17/28-hours-later-warcraft-gets-its-first-level-70/)

Sil
17th January 2007, 17:41
Seriously. I cannot stress how good this is for them. They got to be busy doing something they wanted to do with their time. Way I see it, s'long as it didn't hurt anyone (which it didn't) it's a good waste of time. Shame it didn't take longer, though. Bit more fun that way.

Pathetic? Meh.

Dr.SharK
17th January 2007, 17:47
Appears you're right, read a topic wrong. Sorry.

Kira Yamato
17th January 2007, 18:16
Oh my god it's the South Park WoW episode all over again. But it's funny, he's now level 70 and thats probably all he wanted so he might have ruined his own fun. Though he does have bragging rights.

QReaper
17th January 2007, 19:15
Jesus Holy Christ in Heaven above! 10 levels in 24 hours!?:eek: :eek: :eek:

Dr.SharK
17th January 2007, 19:37
Jesus Holy Christ in Heaven above! 10 levels in 24 hours!?:eek: :eek: :eek:

What?

We have a lvl 33 Draenei shaman on our server :s

He reached lvl 23 within the first 12 hours.

Ging
17th January 2007, 19:40
Getting from 1 to 23 is a factor easier than going from 60 to 70 - just due to the XP requirements (mind you, I don't know said requirements, but experience from normal RPGs tells me this).

Daedalus
17th January 2007, 20:00
Seriously. I cannot stress how good this is for them. They got to be busy doing something they wanted to do with their time. Way I see it, s'long as it didn't hurt anyone (which it didn't) it's a good waste of time. Shame it didn't take longer, though. Bit more fun that way.

Pathetic? Meh.

It's pathetic cause there's so many other things you could do with your free time than play WoW...

No offense to anyone but I really don't see the point in playing a MMORPG. You level till you reach the max level. Then what? It just takes way too much of your time that could be spent doing something else.

Sil
17th January 2007, 20:02
It's pathetic cause there's so many other things you could do with your free time than play WoW...

No offense to anyone but I really don't see the point in playing a MMORPG. You level till you reach the max level. Then what? It just takes way too much of your time that could be spent doing something else.
Well, who are you to decide what's worth spending their time on? It's not hurting anyone -- someone has to pay for it, chances are they have shit jobs that pay for their WoW, which means that someone is doing the shit jobs you don't want to be doing.

Really.

Kira Yamato
17th January 2007, 20:03

It's not the getting to the level thats so important, its the fun you had doing it.

Zabiela
17th January 2007, 20:21
Well, who are you to decide what's worth spending their time on?

:eek: A liberal statement from Sil!

Kira Yamato
17th January 2007, 20:29
someone has to pay for it, chances are they have shit jobs that pay for their WoW, which means that someone is doing the shit jobs you don't want to be doing.

I thought most WoW players were whiny 12 year olds with rich parents, and computer nerds with too much time on their hands...

QReaper
17th January 2007, 20:32
I thought most WoW players were whiny 12 year olds with rich parents, and computer nerds with too much time on their hands...
Nah, that's just the Alliance.

Sil
17th January 2007, 21:06
:eek: A liberal statement from Sil!
=P Most of my anti-liberalism is actually anti-silent argument. I oppose people for the sake of provocation. =/

Edit: Also, the guy who did the level 70 is 23 or something.

starstriker1
17th January 2007, 22:04
As I understand it, its the social aspects that draw a lot of people in. Even after they've maxed their level, there's still a lot to do, even aside from min/maxing equipment...

crans
17th January 2007, 22:44
Oh my god it's the South Park WoW episode all over again. But it's funny, he's now level 70 and thats probably all he wanted so he might have ruined his own fun. Though he does have bragging rights.

"I gotta get home and warn my son!"
"Gary, your son's characters are already dead..."
"OH GOD NO!! THEY WERE ONLY LVL 16!!!"

Hehe, best episode.... EVER!!

Gusdor
18th January 2007, 02:33
Getting from 1 to 23 is a factor easier than going from 60 to 70 - just due to the XP requirements (mind you, I don't know said requirements, but experience from normal RPGs tells me this).
You are correct!

I just hit level 62 a few minutes ago. Fel Armour ftw!

ProgrammedToConsume
29th January 2007, 01:19
http://www.com-www.com/weirdal/yourepitiful.html

This is a good link for that guy Gus.

<Beatlemania>
30th January 2007, 01:56
Le Ding! Ou Ho Ho!

Gusdor
30th January 2007, 09:14
i only just dinged 64 last night hehe

The.ViruS
30th January 2007, 16:28
Im 63, been there a while, havnt played in days but im gonna burn it solid tonight. Resting EXP FTW!!!

My friend dinged 70 last night. The guys a machine. He gave me his account details so I could play with the flying mount. He has 1 60 Hunter on 1 server, 1 60 Warrior and 1 60 hunter on another and a 70 hunter on the server im on.