PDA

View Full Version : Mapping Problems - Help Please

blackhawk
17th January 2007, 02:58
how do i put in background music in my map from the map hdn_docks

scratch
17th January 2007, 03:41
Soundscapes! (http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Soundscapes)

Then take a look at the hidden\scripts folder. Inside you'll find the Hidden soundscape files described in the article linked above. Open the prefered .txt file and take a look at which soundscapes you want to use.

As of Beta 5 Hidden will hopefully support custom soundscapes, too.

*looks at Ging*

blackhawk
17th January 2007, 03:57
when i pick which one to use what do i do to put it onto the map???do i copy and paste it to somthing??

blackhawk
17th January 2007, 04:39
i presssed F9 and did all of that and i have 4 irs spawn,1 spectator spawn, and 1 hidden spawn...and i go into colsole and type map hdn_deserted (my maps name) and it sayssomthing about not locating it in library or suom,thing and exits..ive saved it so what could be the problem?

scratch
17th January 2007, 05:06
Don't want to be rude, but are you sure you've taken a closer look at the link i provided above? You need an env_soundscape entity, the rest should be pretty much self explaining. If not, read the article, and try the link there for the env_soundscape.

scratch
17th January 2007, 05:12
The map has to be located in the hidden\maps folder, the map should normally be there already if you've configured Hammer correctly.
If it's not the map which is missing - a more detailed error message here would be helpful.

Btw, it would be very nice if you'd open one thread for all your questions instead of the mess you're about to create. ;)

blackhawk
18th January 2007, 02:35
th error said.. Unable to load authentication library, Exiting...:confused:

blackhawk
18th January 2007, 02:50
Don't want to be rude, but are you sure you've taken a closer look at the link i provided above? You need an env_soundscape entity, the rest should be pretty much self explaining. If not, read the article, and try the link there for the env_soundscape...
that link told me what env_soundscape is,, not how to use it..i put the soundscape radius covering my whole map and i know which soundscape i want to use but how do i add the soundscape to the map???

scratch
18th January 2007, 03:56
I told you.. the link also provides more links, the one for "env_soundscape" is of importance (at the bottom).

But here it is: Place an env_soundscape in the position you want to have the sound at, open the properties and enter the name of the soundscape, which can be found in the .txt files in the scripts folder, into the field "soundscape".

For example: "soundscapes.docks_exterior" <- that's the first line in the soundscapes_docks.txt file and it represents a preset for a soundscape. Enter this title in the "soundscape" property of the env_soundscape entity.

Found a tutorial: http://www.halfwit-2.com/?page=tutorials&id=96

how do you take a chunk out of a wall ..like cut out a piece of the wall

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Hammer_Clipping_Tool
You'll need to do several cuts though. You could also use the carve tool, but i don't think that's a good idea.

And PLEASE stop opening new topics, especially with titles like "crap"!
Just post your questions here in this thread.

blackhawk
19th January 2007, 01:21
th error said.. Unable to load authentication library, Exiting...:confused:......... what do you think is wrong?

Zabiela
19th January 2007, 01:30
......... what do you think is wrong?

Search for "authentication library", last thread in the list explains.

scratch
19th January 2007, 01:56
http://www.forum.hidden-source.com/showpost.php?p=100649&postcount=41

As far as i know you'll get some strange error message then when starting a map though, but doesn't seem to affect anything.

Tsukasa1105
19th January 2007, 05:29
I personally find it much easier to use ambient_generic with the play everywhere flag checked set to volume 5 :)

scratch
19th January 2007, 06:07
I personally find it much easier to use ambient_generic with the play everywhere flag checked set to volume 5 :)

The flexibility of soundscapes is far beyond that of ambient_generics though.

Subface Normal
19th January 2007, 19:20
the unauthenticated library error is due to a steam update. you need to create a desktop shortcut for hidden and go to properties. look for something in the destination line that looks like "-steamappid 220" and change it to "-steamappid 215"

when you run your map through this version, it should load without issues (unless you messed up something in hammer :rolleyes: )