PDA

View Full Version : Boredom... An enemy with no mercy...

crans
14th January 2007, 06:54
As I am writing this I am being devoured by boredom, so I thought, "HAY!!11! WUT DU T3H GUYZ ON H:S DU W3N DER BOARD?!?!?!111111!?!//1!"

So I put this to you, What do you do most when your bored? And no not that, and no not that either... Help me fix my boredom by telling me, what you do when you're bored?

Daedalus
14th January 2007, 07:08
As I am writing this I am being devoured by boredom, so I thought, "HAY!!11! WUT DU T3H GUYZ ON H:S DU W3N DER BOARD?!?!?!111111!?!//1!"

So I put this to you, What do you do most when your bored? And no not that, and no not that either... Help me fix my boredom by telling me, what you do when you're bored?

Play, ignore everything else.

If the connection is mucking up I fool around in Photoshop (at least i used to :( )

crans
14th January 2007, 07:31
Well I should be playing JKA but the damned posty man didn't turn up on Friday so now I had to wait out the weekend for my copy :( But usually I have a good MMORPG installed on my comp but I'm over it at the moment. And I don't have H:S installed :( Waiting for B5 *stares at Ging*

EDIT: Someone go on Gabbly and entertain me :P

Euphoria
14th January 2007, 09:31
Learn how to do something techical in source, like mapping, modelling,etc.

Alt
14th January 2007, 09:36
Synergy Beta 2.1 (http://mods.moddb.com/5202/synergy/downloads/) along with HL2: Deathmatch at the moment.

Handsome
14th January 2007, 10:20
I connect my headset, listen to good music while surfing almost randomly on google so i read and learn things (that is, when i'm really really bored.).

Sil
14th January 2007, 10:36
I paint, play the guitar/piano or draw.

Or I go online and piss people off in hopes of provoking thought.

Mayhem
14th January 2007, 13:16
I just go to a coffeeshop and waste my time.

Or I go online and piss people off in hopes of provoking thought.

You gotta be bored all the time then, Sil. j/k :p

Klo
14th January 2007, 13:18
I play this game:

http://novelconcepts.co.uk/FlashElementTD/

Kira Yamato
15th January 2007, 00:22
I play Exteel, FireArms, or what ever my favorite game is at the moment.
I watch some sub-titled anime I downloaded, or search for new animes to watch.
I do things of a non-sexual nature that I'm not at liberty to talk about.
I lurk around the hidden forums and post crap.
I work on my 3d Models.
I go shopping on line.
I cook or bake.
I build Gundam/Sci-Fi models.
Concept art, and writing stories/discriptions for mods that will never come to life.
Watch the Military, Science, History, or Discovery channel.
Code random things.
Listen to music.
Lastly I'll go model my newest dresses/girlish outfits/lingerie, then take pics and send em to my GF.

All those things keep me form being too bored at any given time.

crans
15th January 2007, 00:30
Thanks people, wow didn't know this thread would pick up this well, all of your Boredom cures are helping me cure my boredom, not that I am doing any of them, but I'm reading them which takes time, and then I post back which also takes time! Keep up the good work :D

scratch
15th January 2007, 01:01
Boredom can be pretty nasty for me sometimes. Until a couple of days ago i was playing EVE Online again (reactivated my old account about two months ago), and then it hit me again - EVE always seems to bore the shit out of me after playing it some time (matter of opinion of course). So i wanted to do something else - but what? Somehow the boredom swapped over to everything else (mainly because i was playing EVE a bit excessively perhaps, leaving no room for anything else xD) and i just wanted to get rid of it without doing anything. Well, that doesn't work out as you can imagine. The only way to get out of it is to start something. So i just happened to open Hammer again and loaded the map i started about three months ago (lol)..

Yeah, just start something. That's a beginning.

crans
15th January 2007, 02:27
Boredom can be pretty nasty for me sometimes. Until a couple of days ago i was playing EVE Online again (reactivated my old account about two months ago), and then it hit me again - EVE always seems to bore the shit out of me after playing it some time (matter of opinion of course). So i wanted to do something else - but what? Somehow the boredom swapped over to everything else (mainly because i was playing EVE a bit excessively perhaps, leaving no room for anything else xD) and i just wanted to get rid of it without doing anything. Well, that doesn't work out as you can imagine. The only way to get out of it is to start something. So i just happened to open Hammer again and loaded the map i started about three months ago (lol)..

Yeah, just start something. That's a beginning.

:D

I play this game:

http://novelconcepts.co.uk/FlashElementTD/

Omg, this game is wicked sick, possibly even God like, meh, maybe it's just Ho-ho-ho-ho-holy shit.

Jusal
15th January 2007, 08:15
When I'm bored? Hmm...

Well, I usually start messing around with Gmod (http://www.garrysmod.com) and end up depressed because I can't get my ballista to work.

Yup, that's it.

crans
15th January 2007, 08:35
GMOD was fun, but it was also meh. I always wanted to make a comic about a hostage that escaped and went through all the CS:S maps whilst having wacky adventures!! 'Cept I don't have photoshop... :(

Kira Yamato
15th January 2007, 09:14
dude' just DL Gimp. [Ging edit : tut tut]

Demented
15th January 2007, 17:48
A thread about boredom on a forum is guaranteed to become popular. Think, crans, think!

(I imagine extolling the virtues of watching grass grow would be against the grain of this thread...)

crans
15th January 2007, 21:54
dude' just DL Gimp. [Ging edit : tut tut]
I did. And I deleted it. I really don't like GIMP, and when I say I don't I mean I REALLY don't like GIMP. I'm thinking about buying photoshop though...

A thread about boredom on a forum is guaranteed to become popular. Think, crans, think!

(I imagine extolling the virtues of watching grass grow would be against the grain of this thread...)

*Glares at the outsider* You have to tell us what you do when you're bored, or else face the penalty of death...by snoo-snoo.... Either one will satisfy my hunger from boredom...

Gusdor
16th January 2007, 06:29
I surf wikipedia and masturbate. Not in the same order or at the same time :P

crans
16th January 2007, 09:59
C'mon Gus, there ain't anything wrong with the ol' wiki n whack. We've all done it once right guys? Guys?

*awkward silence*

:rolleyes:

Sil
16th January 2007, 12:02
I surf wikipedia and masturbate. Not in the same order or at the same time :P
hehe. I masturbate to dictionaries.

Daedalus
16th January 2007, 13:57
hehe. I masturbate to dictionaries.

Well that's a fetish I never heard of...

Kira Yamato
16th January 2007, 16:34
We should name it after Sil, and get rich off the laughing stock we make of him.

hutch
16th January 2007, 16:44
Dont worry, theres a website out there dedicated to it.
And some fat dude is fappin to your idea sil.

Sil
16th January 2007, 17:32
We should name it after Sil, and get rich off the laughing stock we make of him.Name it Sillyphilia. That'll catch on. =P I think it's got a name, and, for the record, I don't actually do that. I mean, I do get excited. But I don't masturbate whilst reading. Jesus Maria Calavera...

Pan the Goat God
16th January 2007, 18:27
Name it Sillyphilia. That'll catch on. =P I think it's got a name, and, for the record, I don't actually do that. I mean, I do get excited. But I don't masturbate whilst reading. Jesus Maria Calavera...

Imagine masturbating to this years dictionary and seeing Sillyphilia, you just might die of ecstacy.

Mayhem
16th January 2007, 18:34
Imagine masturbating to this years dictionary and seeing Sillyphilia, you just might die of ecstacy.

I think I just threw up..

hutch
16th January 2007, 19:41
I think I just threw up..

Someones fapping to that too.

Kira Yamato
16th January 2007, 20:00

I lawled... Then the idea made me cry, on the inside.

Mayhem
16th January 2007, 20:08

You made me spill my beer! (and make me feel ill.. got a sick imagination :p)

hutch
16th January 2007, 20:08
I lawled... Then the idea made me cry, on the inside.

Your laughing tears make baby jesus fap.

Kira Yamato
16th January 2007, 20:13

Alrigh., seriously. shut up...

Mayhem
16th January 2007, 20:16

Quit licking stamps.. you hallusinate!

hutch
16th January 2007, 20:35
Quit licking stamps.. you hallusinate!

*fap*
What?

QReaper
16th January 2007, 20:47
What the fuck is going on in here?:eek:

hutch
16th January 2007, 20:51

Kira and Mayhem and Pan are fappin.

Kira Yamato
16th January 2007, 21:19

Hutch is trying to be come a professional retard.

crans
16th January 2007, 21:47
Kira and Mayhem and Pan are fappin.

Hey! I specifically said, No fappin'. Oh wait, no I didn't... Oh well..

/fap

hutch
16th January 2007, 22:23
Hey! I specifically said, No fappin'. Oh wait, no I didn't... Oh well..

/fap

Ok, now this has become a fap party, I'm leavin.

crans
16th January 2007, 22:27
Hey theres nothin' wrong with fappin' in a room full of guys... Oh wait, yeah there is, c'mon Hutch lets go.

hutch
16th January 2007, 23:36
Hey theres nothin' wrong with fappin' in a room full of guys... Oh wait, yeah there is, c'mon Hutch lets go.

No, you stay here, I'M leaving you!

Kira Yamato
16th January 2007, 23:41
No, you stay here, I'M leaving you!

Aww, breaking up is always hard...

hutch
16th January 2007, 23:51
Aww, breaking up is always hard...

Sush, you don't know what your talking about. :(

crans
17th January 2007, 00:11
*sob* *sob*

AHH!!! He broke my heart Kira!!! WAHHHHA HA!!!!

hutch
17th January 2007, 00:51
*sob* *sob*

AHH!!! He broke my heart Kira!!! WAHHHHA HA!!!!

Shut up you whiny bitch, this is all your fault.
*slap*
There, now you have a reason to cry.

crans
17th January 2007, 06:38
*calls social services*

"He hits me... He touches me in places where..."

But seriously OH MAH GAWDS!!! JUST GOT MY COPY OF JKA IN THE MAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOT!!! WOOT!!!

You may not here from me in a couple of days...

Mayhem
17th January 2007, 19:38
*fap*
What?

Acid, LSD. Easy way to get some of it to somewhere. Such as: Festivals, gigs, etc.

Of course I don't use. Alcohol is my weakness and pot.

E:

Hutch is trying to be come a professional retard.

hutch is just discovering the world!

hutch
18th January 2007, 01:27
Acid, LSD. Easy way to get some of it to somewhere. Such as: Festivals, gigs, etc.

Of course I don't use. Alcohol is my weakness and pot.

E:

hutch is just discovering the world!

Acid is ok, but I prefer to have total control of life. Drugs/acholol make me feel insecure and out of control.
/and thats why they are banned, cuz big bad men dont like that feeling.

crans
18th January 2007, 03:15
....and thats why they are banned, cuz big bad men dont like that feeling.

Well, that counts you out! :p

scratch
18th January 2007, 04:31
What's JKA btw?

Kira Yamato
18th January 2007, 04:48
What's JKA btw?

Star Wars - Jedi Knight(3): Jedi Academy.

crans
18th January 2007, 05:06
Oh no, Kira I think you're confused, I bought, "Junior Kangaroo's Adventures"

Man, it's kickass.

Zabiela
18th January 2007, 20:39

#1 way to get Narc'ed, or to get bunk pills/tabs. In the clubbing scene, theres a golden rule: dont buy drugs inside.
And nowdays most big events are crawling with narcs, I've seen them use 15 year old girls.
I'd like to try good lsd once in my life, maybe in a couple of years. The only condition that needs to be fulfilled is that I find a chemist who knows how to make pure.

Sil
18th January 2007, 21:00
Hehe. Try liberty caps. They're legal s'long as they ain't kept. At least around here. Which means you can eat as many as you want s'long as you don't take 'em around the town.

Zabiela
18th January 2007, 21:03
Hehe. Try liberty caps. They're legal s'long as they ain't kept. At least around here. Which means you can eat as many as you want s'long as you don't take 'em around the town.

Mmm, I would like to try that. I've heard they can be intense, and feel different from the american psilocybe mushrooms.

Kira Yamato
18th January 2007, 21:15
Oh no, Kira I think you're confused, I bought, "Junior Kangaroo's Adventures"

Man, it's kickass.

*Takes a light saber to Crans' Kangaroo* Now what have you got?

Also no offense but doing most drugs is like taking money, your life, and every thing important to you and throwing it away. Weed, tobacco, and alchy are pretty mellow, but it just kills me to see the meth addicts. They're like 20 years old, but look 50, have no teeth, and wander around wal-mart parking lots pan handling.

A nother good cure for boredom would be to learn a new language.

Zabiela
18th January 2007, 21:18
Also no offense but doing most drugs is like taking money, your life, and every thing important to you and throwing it away. Weed, tobacco, and alchy are pretty mellow, but it just kills me to see the meth addicts. They're like 20 years old, but look 50, have no teeth, and wander around wal-mart parking lots pan handling.

Lol, you just compared shrooms to meth addicts.
Do you think i'd ever do meth? If you do.... damn... *shudder*.... meth.... eww

4 months ago I did shrooms. I still have my money, my life, and everything important to me. :|

Sil
18th January 2007, 21:42
Mmm, I would like to try that. I've heard they can be intense, and feel different from the american psilocybe mushrooms.
They're intense. Only tried once, got a tummyache named Robert. Yelled at it, excused myself to a bush, and tripped 'till sunset.

Good times. Good times. "Drugs are bad for ya." -- yeah. Lots of things are. But it's my life. S'long as I don't do any harm, I should be entitled to do what I want, right? Heck, I didn't even hurt the mushrooms. The mushrooms are the "fruit" of the actual organism. Me eating those shrooms means their spores might be in my shit and my shit will then give them a good start in life.

Yeah. Way I see it, world's a better place already.

Zabiela
18th January 2007, 21:58
Me eating those shrooms means their spores might be in my shit and my shit will then give them a good start in life.

Yeah. Way I see it, world's a better place already.

Thanks for the laugh :D

Oh btw, im on a tolerance break. Well see how long this lasts.

Isolation
18th January 2007, 22:03
Star Wars - Jedi Knight(3): Jedi Academy.

Calling Jedi Academy JK3 is an insult to JK1 and 2. It was merely an expansion pack to JK2 that did not require the full game and cost full price.

crans
18th January 2007, 22:20
Calling Jedi Academy JK3 is an insult to JK1 and 2. It was merely an expansion pack to JK2 that did not require the full game and cost full price.

Heheh, I was actually timing to see how long it would take for Iso to say that :D

Kira Yamato
18th January 2007, 22:40

By that logic JK2 isn't much either, considering it has almost no depth. But multi player is where JK:JA shines, and weather you like it or not it's the third in the Jedi Knight series, fourth in the dark forces series. I'd say JK:JA was more then worth the $20 I spent on it, it was a lot more fun then I had with JK2 thats for sure.