PDA

View Full Version : ideas

7SEALS
14th January 2007, 06:32
- I think an aimer should definitely be put in as default. Maybe not the laser, but at least some sort of aimer. The laser should be able to be picked if the default one is not liked, or at least let use choose 2 items because everyone knows where the first one goes....

- I think the hidden should be able to lean to peak around corners.

- Give us a little more ammo please....

- It seems as though some players are more visible than others when they are the hidden. Some people you can't see and others you can see perfectly. (my shaders are on high too...)

- Make the hidden make some weird noises when walking around randomly. It would help to find him a little easier. Maybe some sort of grunting noises or something

- Heat vision would be cool to help find the hidden. Maybe have them auto shut off once you start shooting or something. Give some sort of downside to them

I think right now the game is mainly, hide, wait for the hidden to hit you and spin around shooting and get lucky doing it. There isn't much actual finding the hidden, unless he his hitting you or one of your partners. Climbing up walls as the hidden would be cool too. If heat vision was added, allow the hidden to climb up walls. Instead of just being able to stick for a few seconds.

Zabiela
14th January 2007, 06:42
- I think an aimer should definitely be put in as default.

Not having a crosshair is part of the realism, and gives the l.a.m its importance, shooting with out it is accurate enough to hit your target.

He has aura vision... he can SEE THROUGH WALLS.

Support class can resupply you with ammo. Get organized.

- It seems as though some players are more visible than others when they are the hidden. Some people you can't see and others you can see perfectly. (my shaders are on high too...)

The only reason you'll find some hidden harder to see, is because they make sure to stay out of your field of vision at all times, and crouch+pounce constantly as opposed to running around in the open. The shaders are the same for everyone.

- Make the hidden make some weird noises when walking around randomly. It would help to find him a little easier. Maybe some sort of grunting noises or something

The only thing disrupting the balance between hidden vs iris are the iris weapons, the hidden is detectable enough, you'll find out through practice.

- Heat vision would be cool to help find the hidden. Maybe have them auto shut off once you start shooting or something. Give some sort of downside to them

Already a big NO in a sticky.

I think right now the game is mainly, hide, wait for the hidden to hit you and spin around shooting and get lucky doing it. There isn't much actual finding the hidden, unless he his hitting you or one of your partners. Climbing up walls as the hidden would be cool too. If heat vision was added, allow the hidden to climb up walls. Instead of just being able to stick for a few seconds.

People get VERY good at spotting the hidden, after a good amount of practice. I think you make these suggestions too early on in your discovery of this mod, give yourself some time to really get a feel for it.

And also, make sure to scrutinize the stickies, alot of the stuff you suggested has already been no'ed by the development team.

Daedalus
14th January 2007, 06:52
- I think an aimer should definitely be put in as default. Maybe not the laser, but at least some sort of aimer. The laser should be able to be picked if the default one is not liked, or at least let use choose 2 items because everyone knows where the first one goes....

I'm not sure, why would we create 2 devices for the same purpose?

You've got the aura for that.

Negative. You only run out of ammo if you spam it or if the hidden is really toying with you. Either way, only shoot when you are certain the hidden is in your sights.

Some people cheat, while some are skilled. They have learned how the hidden moves and can predict his path.

No, but this one sounds funny.:D

Sounds would make it too easy to find the hidden. He already has footsteps.

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/953/howaboutnohf9.jpg

2 characters.

EDIT: Damn you're fast...Did that really take me 10 minutes to type?

7SEALS
14th January 2007, 07:52
ok shoot down all my ideas, brb while i cut myself :(

Well I understand if DEVs say no to things, its their game and all, but don't you want it to be balanced and fun?

make the laser give you better accuracy or something...

if this game is so "realistic" then why is there a half invisible dude that runs super fast and can cling to walls?

I mean devs shouldnt just automatically shoot down these ideas. If they want a popular mod they should at least listen to what some people have to say, and try them out. Right now the game is random. Like I said, theres no hunting to it. Its just sit in a corner and wait for the hidden to attack and spray around. At least make the thing a little more visible.

legoman
14th January 2007, 08:21
ok shoot down all my ideas, brb while i cut myself :(

Well I understand if DEVs say no to things, its their game and all, but don't you want it to be balanced and fun?

make the laser give you better accuracy or something...

if this game is so "realistic" then why is there a half invisible dude that runs super fast and can cling to walls?

I mean devs shouldnt just automatically shoot down these ideas. If they want a popular mod they should at least listen to what some people have to say, and try them out. Right now the game is random. Like I said, theres no hunting to it. Its just sit in a corner and wait for the hidden to attack and spray around. At least make the thing a little more visible.

No, goddammit, no, freaking no, stop now please, thank you. We go through this almost every single day.

7SEALS
14th January 2007, 08:23
glad to add to it. I will read the stickies right now, and if there is no detailed explanation, hell, even a little explanation on why these are not being added in, then I am going to chuckle... then post back in this thread, with an OWNED pictured.

ok im sorry but thats just dumb. Theres zero explanation on why these aren't going to be put in. Theres 20 zillion people asking for them too. Why? Why not make a great mod even better? I thought these things would be added in too. It like just doesn't make sense at all. Thats like taking the guns out of the game. My mouth is still open in shock like. I can't explain how stupid. I mean zero explanation. Hang on im going to shake my head in shock for another 15 minutes then I will post back if I can get the shock out of me to visit this website ever again. They just like took the fun out of it. Im sorry I can't explain it. If this is the way the game stays forever, then you won't see me on much longer...

Zabiela
14th January 2007, 08:49
The thing you dont understand, is that long ago, these same suggestions were suggested, thoroughly discussed, and no'ed, and the official explanation for that, is that its in a sticky written by a dev.

edit: well not ALL of your suggestions are in the sticky, but they have all been discussed already.

Handsome
14th January 2007, 10:00
I think 7seal is (like me) a noob... but, unlike me, he dont want to learn to play and he' not patient. Each one of his suggestion is meant to make the game way easier for the IRIS.
I do not agree with even one of his propositions.

-SM-SUCKER
14th January 2007, 10:09
Balancing the game means it has to be fun for BOTH teams. Do you want to be Hidden? I suppose the answer is "Fnck, jeah!" Now imagine you are confronted by a group of 8 men, armed to the teeth. With enough ammo to spray every corner for the next 4 minutes. And they can see you with their "heat vision".
Now here comes the fun: You have to hunt THEM because if time runs out you lose.
As Zabiela mentioned, get more practice and you will see that the mod is fairly balanced. The only problem is the huge gap between skilled and unskilled players. Check out some videos/demos to see what some "veterans" are capable of.

But some randomly farting Hidden would be fun in ovr :)

Handsome
14th January 2007, 10:16
But some randomly farting Hidden would be fun in ovr :)
i feel forced to agree.

Ging
14th January 2007, 11:34
The reason there's no explanation in the sticky as to why we've said no to those is because they are, in general, the first ideas that people come up with after about 5 minutes of play and they're generally poor - we've also shot them down, with explanations several times before (in terms of the goggles, think thousands of times - even we thought about them when we first started jotting ideas down... Then we realised they'd ruin the game)

As to your ideas - a lot of them have been explained to you already, but I'll go over them again so you get the 'official' version.

Supplying you with a default crosshair defies the point of the LAM (and to a lesser degree, the flashlight) - we discussed ironsights, but felt that it's not a style that would fit with our gameplay (as proven by the scope on the fn2000).

Why bother when he has the aura - which is in effect, a 'legal' wallhack?

Ask your friendly polite support class player to provide you with some, as possible via the built in radio commands. If a support player is not available, I can but suggest that you conserve your ammunition somewhat (especially as we're discussing dropping the initial ammo counts for the next version)

A lot depends on your directx level (not the version you have installed, but the version that you graphics card can support), it also depends on monitors (LCD vs CRT) and natural ability or experience. We try to make it as even a playing field as possible (hence dropping the support for DX7 next release)

The idea is for him to be stealthy, rather than sounding like a wild animal in the middle of child birth... and of course, this basically breaks the number one rule for suggestions - nothing to make 617 more visible (or in this case, easier to find).

As was once said by a member of this here forum - if you take away his invisibility, via anything at all, you reduce the game to 8 guys with guns against a single scrawny, visible dude with a knife and that just isn't fun.