PDA

View Full Version : Good god it's cold!!!

Kira Yamato
13th January 2007, 13:01
Okay it's -1º Fahrenheit here in Fernley Nevada. In your face global warming! Yeah it's really cold here, the garage is 19.9º Fahrenheit, which is usually between 10-20 degrees warmer then outside. The floor of my room is like 50º Fahrenheit because my vent is screwed... Anybody else having a freeze their ares off fest?

edit°
13th January 2007, 13:11
I can't wait to see the scandinavians' replies to this one :D :D

Daedalus
13th January 2007, 13:54
Did anyone have snow recently?

Winter just lost the "win" part over here.

Horrible joke, I know.

Alt
13th January 2007, 14:00
Na well said Daed :p If it doesn't snow this winter, I'm looking forward to the next.

Kira Yamato
13th January 2007, 18:10
It's snowed a few times here, actually it's already snowed more here then I can ever remember it snowing in Medford... Then again Medford is at like 1500 feet, and Fernley breaks 4500 feet in elevation.

Sil
13th January 2007, 19:16
Speaking of global warming, we're finally dipping into sub-zero temperatures. Last year, we were at -16 C on this exact time and day. Global warming strikes harder the farther you get from equator. (DUH!?)

Kira Yamato
13th January 2007, 19:31
Speaking of global warming, we're finally dipping into sub-zero temperatures. Last year, we were at -16 C on this exact time and day. Global warming strikes harder the farther you get from equator. (DUH!?)

Actually most of the east was experiencing an unnatural warm spell. It's called a weather pattern, Duh... Hell even we had a unusually warm December here in Nevada. Also you happened to leave out your current temperature.

Sil
13th January 2007, 20:11
Ah, right, yes. We're at -0,1 right now. Yes, it's a weather pattern. Albeit an unnatural one. Unnatural. Not by nature; man-made. Fabricated. It's artificial. It's polluted. It's because of the oil my country's getting rich on. The oil your countrymen are getting plump burning. The oil middle-easterns are getting fucked over.

It's running out, but so's the world like we used to know it. It's running out, it's wearing down, it's gonna crash and it won't be pretty.

Ging
13th January 2007, 20:19
it's gonna crash and it won't be pretty.

Yeah, but when it actually does crash - I'll be too old to care or dead... So what's it matter?

Kira Yamato
13th January 2007, 20:21
Ah, right, yes. We're at -0,1 right now. Yes, it's a weather pattern. Albeit an unnatural one. Unnatural. Not by nature; man-made. Fabricated. It's artificial. It's polluted. It's because of the oil my country's getting rich on. The oil your countrymen are getting plump burning. The oil middle-easterns are getting fucked over.

It's running out, but so's the world like we used to know it. It's running out, it's wearing down, it's gonna crash and it won't be pretty.

They've been saying this same crap for ever. So here are some time tested facts:

Fact: There is NO solid proof global warming is caused by man.
Fact: With, or with out man global warming still happens.
Fact: They've been saying only 10-20 years of oil left, since my dad was in school 40 years ago.
Fact: There are reserves of oil off the gulf coast that are less then 200 years old. It's a renewable resource.
Fact:Unnatural and unusual weather patterns happen, and with or with out pollution they'd still happen.

They've been spewing all these end of the world, panic tactics for as long as communisms has been around. Because if the people are afraid you can control them, and there is no better way to be anti-capitalist then to push such theories. The problem is that there are too many people who will be brain washed by these fools, because they use Television, and it's easy to lie with pictures.

crans
13th January 2007, 20:25
Global warming strikes harder the farther you get from equator. (DUH!?)
Well it's a scorching 33º Celsius and it's pretty normal, and last time I checked we were pretty far down from the equator (well where I live anyways) :rolleyes:

Sil
13th January 2007, 20:33
Yeah, but when it actually does crash - I'll be too old to care or dead... So what's it matter?
Important point, that one. It's like with Hitler. I mean, yes he killed Jews -- but I wasn't born then so it doesn't matter shit, right? His points and methods are still valid.

So here are some time tested facts:
Fact: There is NO solid proof global warming is caused by man.
Fact: With, or with out man global warming still happens.
Fact: They've been saying only 10-20 years of oil left, since my dad was in school 40 years ago.
Fact: There are reserves of oil off the gulf coast that are less then 200 years old. It's a renewable resource.
Fact:Unnatural and unusual weather patterns happen, and with or with out pollution they'd still happen.
Fact: In the latest 90 years, when cars were introduced, and especially in the latest 30, with the oil booms of the seventies, the Earth's average temperature has increased faster than scientifically undebatable before, and is currently at an all-time high (counting 16 000 years ago or more if'n ye wants.)
Fact: With or without man global warming still happens, but with man it will heat up farther than it is supposed to and the effects are vast in ecology, where plants and creatures have no time to adapt.
Sub-comment: Evolution requires time. Man fucks off this time with a chainsaw.
Fact: 40 years ago, they hadn't discovered half the oil reserves they have now. Example: They had not discovered oil in teh north sea, Norway had not even glanced upon the idea of refining oil, which is now our main industry and has renderred us among the richest countries in the world, in comparison to our population.
Fact: I have never seen a single scientific attest to that occurence, nor have I ever heard anyone claim that the entire world is capable of reproducing the same enviroments you get in one specific location such as, say, the Gulf. It's hardly a sustainable resource in our consumption and this is a fact that's left undebated in light of *RECENT* science.
Fact: Unnatural weather patterns never occur without pollution or mankind's interference. That's why they're called Un-fucking-natural.

Kira Yamato
13th January 2007, 21:00
Sil I'm not going to argue with you. But all mainstream sience is based on backing certain political views to get funding. There fore most mainstream science on oil, pollution, and global warming is what a few people will call "crap science." It's all political Sil, and it's all propaganda. If you don't believe that fine, you can panic all you want, and point the finger at America, Capitalism, and what ever else you can scape goat. So you can kindly take your view and shove it. I've read more then enough on both sides of the issue to make up my own mind.

Mayhem
13th January 2007, 21:52
I've read more then enough on both sides of the issue to make up my own mind.

And you still blamed communism for spreading the facts about global warming?

Christ. Sounds like YOU have been brain washed by the government.

hutch
13th January 2007, 22:52

I like burritos
/panic

QReaper
13th January 2007, 23:00
Wait...what? Where did he do that?:confused:

Zabiela
13th January 2007, 23:17

Christ. Sounds like YOU have been brain washed by the government.

He said scare tactics have been around since communism.

LamerFlamer
13th January 2007, 23:20
It's freakin' 50 degrees fahrenheit up here in Michigan, usually we're freezing our butts off! Silly people and your ice storms...he he he.

Mayhem
13th January 2007, 23:26
Wait...what? Where did he do that?

They've been spewing all these end of the world, panic tactics for as long as communisms*1 has been around. Because if the people are afraid you can control them, and there is no better way to be anti-capitalist then to push such theories*2. The problem is that there are too many people who will be brain washed by these fools, because they use Television, and it's easy to lie with pictures.*3

Onetwothree.

*1 He referred to a communist country as the dead USSR.
(Btw. You can't actually say "for as long as communisms has been around".. you should refer directly to the Soviet Union. Marx's Communism, the real thing, is nothing like you think it is.)

*2 Another spot where he links the fact that communism would be the masterbrain behind all this.

*3 Oh right. FOX!

Well we are sorry for the average IQ of 70, Kira. Everything you read/see/hear should be taken with a doubt on the fact that it could be twisted from the actual truth.

Sil
13th January 2007, 23:36
Sil I'm not going to argue with you.
Good. This means I can state my view without interruptions from the kind of idiocy I want to restrict voting because of. (Not intended as an insult, although you know what you are if you take it as one. ;))

Not all mainstream science is based on political funding. You're making a great flaw imagining this. And, not only that, but even if it is politically funded, the research made is still (ideally, and often) valid.
There fore most mainstream science on oil, pollution, and global warming is what a few people will call "crap science." It's all political Sil, and it's all propaganda.
Come on... Are you telling me that your cars magically produce "harmless gas" when it burns oil? Is this what you'er saying? Are you telling me that pumping up 100 million years worth of oil and burning it in 60 years is *not* gonna cause any pollution to thicken the atmosphere?

Yes, it's political. But it's also fucking ecological. The real propaganda is when your country's leaders (Media and Bush) start directly or indirectly receiving money from your oil companies and thus speaks in favour of getting more of this satan's semen. The real propaganda is when you're brainwashed with ideas like "Osama Bin Laden made 9/11." "Yeah, there's WMD's in Iraq." "I'm sure the intelligence we've got is darn good." "Er... Saddam Hussein is crucial to Al'Qaida. Let's get'm!"...

Aren't you seeing a pattern?

Egh. I'm drifting from the topic. I just want you to look at the research, and note that the lists of scientists disputing global warming outnumbers only the amount of fingers on your left or right hand. Perhaps even both and a foot, if you're lucky.

hutch
13th January 2007, 23:42
Oh god, sil, while I agree on about 1/8th of a single idea of yours, must you be so hardheaded in stating your views?
LOL

Sil
13th January 2007, 23:50
Yes, I have to be. I'd rather be fanatical and an absolute jackass about them, and oppose you at every single fucking turn, than be diplomatical and sneak them into your subconscious.
I do not want you to agree. I want you to disagree wholeheartedly, and then look inside yourself for a reason. Upon finding none, you'll either have to take a look in the mirror, or (like so many prefer, which I personally take great pleasure in) throw rocks at me and go "I disagree but I won't discuss it.".

starstriker1
14th January 2007, 00:02
Or find a good reason to disagree with you when you're totally and irrevocably wrong. ;)

(oho! A hornet's nest, and me with a stick... my doom is inevitable!)

To the original subject:

You are talking to a person who lives in Alberta, Canada, a province well known for wild weather and absurd temperatures on either end of the mercury. We just went through our annual January cold snap. With the considerable wind chill, the Canadian prairies were getting somewhere within -40 to -45 C.

You call -1 F cold? Americans are wimpy! :P

To the subject that has appeared to have been hijacked:

All we know is that the climate is changing fast, and that we're going to be seeing some pretty bizarre things because of it. There's no conclusive proof that man is the driving force behind it (though, without a doubt, we are a part of it) or that we really have any power at this point to stop it or slow it down, politically or economically. Personally, while global warming is getting all the headlines, I'm more concerned about the other things mankind is doing to it's environment on a regular basis...

...I'm totally in favour of any legislation or rules that require increased environmental standards, though... those things usually increase efficiency and create all sorts of spinoff industries on top of the ethical high ground you gain!

Sil
14th January 2007, 00:07
...I'm totally in favour of any legislation or rules that require increased environmental standards, though... those things usually increase efficiency and create all sorts of spinoff industries on top of the ethical high ground you gain!
Thankyou. That's all I want.

People buy cigarettes, even if they know it'll hurt them. Sure, there's no conclusive evidence that they will kill you. But they're hurting you for sure. Since people won't give up their creature comforts, in this case cigarettes (or gasoline), the government should, in the interest of its people, regulate the use, sale or otherwise of said cigarettes/gasoline.

That's what I'm trying to say. Here's my toned-down version:

I don't care if people smoke. But the second hand smoke hurts me. And that, I care about. When people pollute, it's like smoking in the same room (world) as me, and it hurts me. Thus, I care.
Egocentrical? Far from it. I'm just asking you to be a bit more altruistic. If it doesn't harm anyone, do as you will.
Pollution has victims.

There. Happy? That's pretty toned-down.

Zabiela
14th January 2007, 00:24
You call -1 F cold? Americans are wimpy! :P

You would too if you had warm to hot weather 11 months of the year, and dont even own a heavy jacket :p

I lived in central france, I know this isnt nearly as cold as it can get, but its all a matter of what your normal climate is.

Demented
14th January 2007, 00:56
Heavy jacket? A T-shirt and jeans are the standard Southern Californian dress! Two T-shirts, if absolutely necessary. :p

Sil
14th January 2007, 01:10
Speaking of jackets, I got an awesome coat today. Wool coat, Italian cut (so it's nice and tight around the waist. Just like it should be.)

It's fan-fucking-tastic.

khu
14th January 2007, 01:42
They've been spewing all these end of the world, panic tactics for as long as communisms has been around. Because if the people are afraid you can control them, and there is no better way to be anti-capitalist then to push such theories. The problem is that there are too many people who will be brain washed by these fools, because they use Television, and it's easy to lie with pictures.

Yes, it's obvious all your political opinions are from your parents. Someday you'll grow a pair of balls and use your own brain for a change, but until then, I'll have to be the one to dispute your bullshit parroting of conservative talking points.

When you say 'oh, it's cold, therefore global warming is not true', you are showing the most simplistic and idiotic mindset possible.

If you actually look at the science, global warming is called 'climate change' because a global rise in average temperature will cause disruptions to the existing weather patterns. The Earth is not an aquarium that you can just add or subtract temperature from. It's a huge and complex system that has chaotic interactions between its many thermally sensitive subsystems. A global rise in temperature may raise the temperature in one region, decrease the temperature in another, and anything in between. But chaos theory is only one of the many scientific disciplines that has something to say on the subject. If you ignore the science, you are siding with ignorant morons. Your choice.

Thisis only the surface of the reality of climate change. The fact that you repeat what your parents say without understanding it doesn't mean anything, of course, except that you believe everything they say. Hey, everyone goes through that phase. I did, at one time. But then I actually started using my brain independently. My advice? the less you open you ignorant mouth during this phase, the better.

crans
14th January 2007, 02:21
Yes, it's obvious all your political opinions are from your parents. Someday you'll grow a pair of balls and use your own brain for a change, but until then, I'll have to be the one to dispute your bullshit parroting of conservative talking points.

When you say 'oh, it's cold, therefore global warming is not true', you are showing the most simplistic and idiotic mindset possible.

If you actually look at the science, global warming is called 'climate change' because a global rise in average temperature will cause disruptions to the existing weather patterns. The Earth is not an aquarium that you can just add or subtract temperature from. It's a huge and complex system that has chaotic interactions between its many thermally sensitive subsystems. A global rise in temperature may raise the temperature in one region, decrease the temperature in another, and anything in between. But chaos theory is only one of the many scientific disciplines that has something to say on the subject. If you ignore the science, you are siding with ignorant morons. Your choice.

Thisis only the surface of the reality of climate change. The fact that you repeat what your parents say without understanding it doesn't mean anything, of course, except that you believe everything they say. Hey, everyone goes through that phase. I did, at one time. But then I actually started using my brain independently. My advice? the less you open you ignorant mouth during this phase, the better.

How is it obvious? Please show me where Kira made any mention of this being his parents ideas, or he has the same idea as his parents? How can you make generalizations on shit that you don't know anything about? God it pisses me off how cocky sons-of-bitches make rude, arrogant comments based on their own imagination for a little laugh. How about you have a proper discussion about anything without resulting to petty insults that you have no ground on. Wake up to yourself.

Kira Yamato
14th January 2007, 02:38
Khu of all the arrogant pompous morons on this forum, you're by far the worst. You say because I dare have some conservative views I get everything form my parents. People like you are why people like Michael Savage say liberalism is a mental disorder, because you belong in a damned asylum. Instead of taking any scientific stance at all, you off and personally insult me, just like every liberal know nothing. You didn't even bother to stop and think before you posted. I understand very well that temperatures, and weather can very vastly between even areas only miles a part. I made a fucking joke you fool, but since no one on these forums is smart enough(save for Ging and the like) to see, "oh he's being dramatic, and making an crass generalization to be funny."

Sil I don't want argue with you, because I don't care to dig up all my books for some random person on the "interwebz," from Norway, who I'll never meet. A person who won't believe me anyways. It's not because I'm weak, or have no argument. It's because you're set on your view, and I'm set on mine. So I've decided we can agree to disagree.

Demented
14th January 2007, 02:40
*indignance*

Haven't you heard?
Studies have shown that there is significant reason to believe that communophobia is a hereditary disease. While it may not necessarily be genetic, parents nonetheless serve as an easy and readily available scapegoat.

While studies have currently failed to prove a positive link between parents and communophobia, it has nonetheless shown that the children of parents with communophobia have a 98% likelihood of contracting communophobia, whereas children of one or no parents that suffer communophobia have an average chance of only 43% to contract this terrible disease.

:D

Kira Yamato
14th January 2007, 02:42
I give up on you people...

Zabiela
14th January 2007, 02:48

Noone is convincing anyone of anything, in any thread, so its either you give up, or you keep digging in your nails, but you'll end up losing them.

At least thats how I see this board.

crans
14th January 2007, 02:50
*Zabiela looks down at fingernails, realises he has none*

0.o

Demented
14th January 2007, 02:51

I made a fucking joke you fool, but since no one on these forums is smart enough(save for Ging and the like) to see, "oh he's being dramatic, and making an crass generalization to be funny."

I figure those two quotes in succession make an astounding point.
How do you cook a crow?

Sil
14th January 2007, 02:53
At least thats how I see this board.
Aw... You're just sad the drug debate got put on freeze.

So, cold, eh? Yeah. It's raining outside.

Zabiela
14th January 2007, 02:59
Aw... You're just sad the drug debate got put on freeze.

If that was the only thread to have ended in that manner, i wouldnt have said that.

Sil
14th January 2007, 03:13
If that was the only thread to have ended in that manner, I wouldn't have said that.

starstriker1
14th January 2007, 04:06
Kira, way to go! Respond to someone who insults you with a flame! Two flames! Insult his political views with gross and ignorant generalizations! Then insult his intelligence! Flame wars solve ALL the worlds problems, and make you look like a big boy!

...God, I love sarcasm.

Or, alternately, if you want a less patronizing tone: if someone insults you, ESPECIALLY if they're calling you reactionary, make a mature response. If you want people to take you seriously, that is. If you don't give a shit either way, feel free to throw a tantrum like a child.

Also, Khu: Why was it necessary to add fuel to the fire like that? You knew what that'd do... the only purpose of your post was to make him angry. It certainly didn't change his outlook on life.

Sil
14th January 2007, 04:22
Also, Khu: Why was it necessary to add fuel to the fire like that? You knew what that'd do... the only purpose of your post was to make him angry. It certainly didn't change his outlook on life.
Oh, come on. I bet you're the kind who, when he sees a pyre, starts inspecting it for fire safety. Be more of the kind who immediately undresses and dances around it in pagan rhythms, worshipping your newfound god and basking your naked skin in the mild warmth of the moonlight.

Another thing is, I really really enjoyed Khu's post. This is bad PR for him, for me to say such a thing, but, to be honest, I find such highly enjoyable. It did, at any rate, make me feel as if I was done with the discussion, and that I could now resign, having seen what I wanted and observed an accurate portrait of a reality that closely matched my reason.

Sure. It's not nice. But then again, neither is Kira. Not in my world.

starstriker1
14th January 2007, 05:52
Unlike you, Sil, I don't subscribe to the whole "piss people off for the sake of pissing them off" thing. The less people get in each others faces and act reasonably, the happier we can all be...

Demented
14th January 2007, 06:12
True, but the nature of the beast is to fight.
If anything, the best thing we could do for humanity is give them a reason to fight that's worth fighting over. Not pithy reasons such as "my system of government is better than your system of government" or "my weather is colder than your weather", but truly noble and human reasons such as "my phallus is bigger than your phallus".

Or we could all just shoot eachother for fun.
But we'd all be much happier if we were at least honest about our motivations.
Damn stupid morality and its "thou-shalt-not-kill" crap.

In other news, 40F is quite tenable in a T-shirt, with 0 windspeed.

starstriker1
14th January 2007, 06:37
That sounds like NICE weather to me...

Zabiela
14th January 2007, 06:53
85 degrees- my fav.

crans
14th January 2007, 07:43
85 degrees- my fav.

"Gnarly d00d!!"

legoman
14th January 2007, 09:32
Go live in Ukraine, then complain. Pansies.

Zabiela
14th January 2007, 09:46
"Gnarly d00d!!"

How hot does it get in the summer, in australia?

khu
14th January 2007, 13:11
How is it obvious? Please show me where Kira made any mention of this being his parents ideas, or he has the same idea as his parents?

Oh, there's lots of clues, but here's the most obvious one:

"Fact: They've been saying only 10-20 years of oil left, since my dad was in school 40 years ago."

Now clearly, this is something Kira's dad said to him. He's remembered it and is now repeating it. He then goes on to talk about how the 99% of scientists in the fields of climatology and meteorology are apparently communists. Kira mostly likely doesn't know the first thing about communism. Never been to a communist country, or a former communist country, etc etc etc.

How can you make generalizations on shit that you don't know anything about? God it pisses me off how cocky sons-of-bitches make rude, arrogant comments based on their own imagination for a little laugh.

Funny that the first post in this thread didn't piss you off, then, and that only my response to it did. To be honest, your protest against my post seems strangely...selective.

How about you have a proper discussion about anything without resulting to petty insults that you have no ground on. Wake up to yourself.

Proper discussions come from people who are willing to admit it if they're wrong, who come with a genuine desire for exploration. Kira has been parroting right-wing talk radio on this forum for a while now. I simply wanted to be another person to stand up and call his nonsense for what it is. If we wanted a 'proper discussion' to draw a conclusion about climate change, we woulnd't have started off with the kind of ranting post he made.

I mean, look at it. Communists? It's straight out of Dr. Strangelove.

khu
14th January 2007, 13:30
Khu of all the arrogant pompous morons on this forum, you're by far the worst.

Oh, that's not fair. YOU are clearly the worst. You start bullshit political topics, and I'm just calling you out on them.

You say because I dare have some conservative views I get everything form my parents.

I noticed that you didn't deny it. Come on, just admit that you and your parents share political views. Don't pretend. I won't pretend that I'm a purple zebra and you shouldn't pretend that your parents had nothing to do with your political views.

People like you are why people like Michael Savage say liberalism is a mental disorder,

"Michael Savage," for people that don't know, is a guy in the US who talks on the radio. His real name, Michael Weiner, was apparently not 'tough' sounding enough for the persona he wanted to project, so he changed his last name. He's a joke. His political views range from fascist to merely racist.

because you belong in a damned asylum. Instead of taking any scientific stance at all, you off and personally insult me,

What? Quote from my last post:

"Global warming is called 'climate change' because a global rise in average temperature will cause disruptions to the existing weather patterns. The Earth is not an aquarium that you can just add or subtract temperature from. It's a huge and complex system that has chaotic interactions between its many thermally sensitive subsystems. A global rise in temperature may raise the temperature in one region, decrease the temperature in another, and anything in between. But chaos theory is only one of the many scientific disciplines that has something to say on the subject."

You're telling me that the above paragraph I wrote was a personal insult and has no scientific explication in it? Are you seriously going to sit there and pretend that that's what happened, when ANYONE reading this thread can clearly see that I spent the largest paragraph in my post EXPLAINING the scientific point of view?

you fool, but since no one on these forums is smart enough(save for Ging and the like) to see, "oh he's being dramatic, and making an crass generalization to be funny."

I like the sucking up to Ging here.

Sil I don't want argue with you, because I don't care to dig up all my books for some random person on the "interwebz," from Norway, who I'll never meet. A person who won't believe me anyways. It's not because I'm weak, or have no argument. It's because you're set on your view, and I'm set on mine. So I've decided we can agree to disagree.

No, it's because your books are written by political commentators, not scientists.

American Meteorological Society (AMS) statement adopted by their council in 2003 said:

"There is now clear evidence that the mean annual temperature at the Earth's surface, averaged over the entire globe, has been increasing in the past 200 years. There is also clear evidence that the abundance of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere has increased over the same period. ... Human activities have become a major source of environmental change."

A panel of the World Meteorological Organization concluded:

"There is new and stronger evidence that most of the warming observed over the last 50 years is attributable to human activities."

and that

"In the light of new evidence and taking into account the remaining uncertainties, most of the observed warming over the last 50 years is likely to have been due to the increase in greenhouse gas concentrations."

Of course, your books are not scientific. Scientific work is conducted by scientists, and their work is peer-reviewed and published in science journals. If you quoted scientists, you'd get the majority opinion that climate change is real, a substantial part of it is due to human activity, and that the risks are too great for us to sit back and do nothing. The rest, who don't care what the scientists have to say on a scientific issue such as this, just rant and rave about communists.

khu
14th January 2007, 13:37

"Oh, let's not bicker and argue about who killed who..."

Look, he made the fire, clearly he wants the heat. I think if he's going to make the sort of post he did, raving about communists, flatly asserting that things were 'fact' by putting "FACT:" before the assertions, he has a right to have his views challenged. If that makes him angry, that's a risk I'll have to take. I will ask you to notice, however, that I don't regularly post just to make people angry. Give me at least that much respect to admit that.

There wasn't even that much insult in mine. At worst, I called him "ignorant", and made the observation that his political views are derived in the main from his parents, a charge that he hasn't denied.

edit°
14th January 2007, 13:53
Post one: Fuck you!

Post two: Fuck you back!

Post three to a zillion: I never said fuck you, look at the actual wording - I said "Hypothetically if someone like me walked up to someone like you and didn't like them, they may say 'Fuck you!'. You personally insulted me and alls I did was speak the truth".

Of course, somewhere in there comes the history of the Fuck You insult from Sil, a study from Demented Inc. irrefutably proving that mounties invented the phrase and the odd middlegrounder giving it the "Can't we all just get along?" spiel. :D

Who would've thought that trying to shoot an invisible, knife-wielding freak would prompt such interesting and new ways of thinking and communicating.

hutch
14th January 2007, 17:37
Who would've thought that trying to shoot an invisible, knife-wielding freak would prompt such interesting and new ways of thinking and communicating.

I love you guys.
>< this much.

starstriker1
14th January 2007, 18:10
"Oh, let's not bicker and argue about who killed who..."

That Monty Python quote has diffused my entire argument. Khu, you're my new hero. X'D

Demented
14th January 2007, 20:57
Of course, somewhere in there comes the history of the Fuck You insult from Sil, a study from Demented Inc. irrefutably proving that mounties invented the phrase and the odd middlegrounder giving it the "Can't we all just get along?" spiel. :D

Let's not forget you, the inevitable summarist of the thread.

I wonder if we're missing anybody....
Somewhere, somebody made a list of how a flamefest progresses; it was so accurate it could be used as a primer for future flame wars. If I only knew where to find it.

Zabiela
14th January 2007, 21:10
Khu wins.

Khu of all the arrogant pompous morons on this forum, you're by far the worst.

I think you're the only one to believe so, Khu has always seemed the humble music man, apparently though, he can put people in place when needed.

legoman
14th January 2007, 21:31
All this talk about the weather being "cold" and something about communism, yet no one probably knows what it's like there. Why do these arguments happen every single day? See, I'm from Ukraine (cold AND former communist) and I'm not willing to share anything about my life there because the memories aren't worth keeping and are best forgotten. So until one of you goes and lives over there for at least a year, THEN you can start arguments about how cold it is outside and how bad Communism is. I don't know the current state of the county because it's been almost 10 years since I've moved, but I'm siure nothing has changed even though I couldn't care less.

starstriker1
14th January 2007, 22:22
While I can make no comments about Communism, as a person living on the Canadian prairies I am fully entitled to talk about cold weather. :P

P.S. Americans are wimps! :p

Demented
14th January 2007, 22:24
Canadians would kill to be able to wear T-shirts 99% of the year. XD

hutch
14th January 2007, 22:44
While I can make no comments about Communism, as a person living on the Canadian prairies I am fully entitled to talk about cold weather. :P

P.S. Americans are wimps! :p

I will whoop yo 'nadian ass foo! But its too cold for me to be outside.

starstriker1
14th January 2007, 23:11
Canadians would kill to be able to wear T-shirts 99% of the year. XD

What do you think I'm wearing right now? :P

Also, Hutch, thank you for proving my point. :D

crans
14th January 2007, 23:20
How hot does it get in the summer, in australia?

Well Adelaide is having a 39 degrees celcius day and tomorrow they'll be having a 42 degrees celcius day. Last summer it was the worst for Brisbane...

Now clearly, this is something Kira's dad said to him.

Or he could be identifying the era in which they were saying it? But no, that's obviously to sensible to be an option now is it?

Kira mostly likely doesn't know the first thing

Are you supposed to be defending yourself? "Mostly likely" Well gee that tells us how confident you are. The funny thing is, is that your trying to defend by saying, "Kira mostly, likely, possibly, maaaybe, well really, I don't know, but hey let's just say that he hasn't for arguements sake ok?" Well sorry 'Khu' but that doesn't work in real life let alone on the Internet.

Never been to a communist country, or a former communist country, etc etc etc

Again, how do you know that? Ugh I'm repeating myself here...

Proper discussions come from people who are willing to admit it if they're wrong, who come with a genuine desire for exploration...

Ha! What a contorted definition of a 'discussion'. So you're saying that if a 'proper' discussion was held out everyone would have to either disbelieve there beliefs or persuade someone else? I'm not making a joke here or a pry, but that is what extremist Muslims believe, "If the infidels don't believe in Allah, then kill them, or convert them" Not necessarily in the perfect quote but if yo don't believe me my text is, "Understanding Religions". You don't have to accept one idea and forfeit yours because someone else says so, I'm not sure if you know this but, you have the power to disagree!! It's the difference of 'disagreeing and insulting someone because of their belief is the difference

Ok I really couldn't be bothered starting you up for a 4 page rebuttal so I'm just gonna say, "You win champ, well done" Instead of replying a massive uproar, and whatever, just please read my post and understand where I'm coming from...

Counter-Counter-Rebuttal; And yes, I do understand your point aswell ;)

khu
14th January 2007, 23:26
Whatever. What you think is 'sensible' or not isn't my concern. What I've stated is either true or false, and it's based on my evaluation of Kira's posts.

If he's been all over the world, been to East Germany, Czech Republic, and China, let us say, then he could easily confirm it. All you're doing is adding a useless layer of white noise, nothing else.

Night Raider
14th January 2007, 23:27
Well Adelaide is having a 39 degrees celcius day and tomorrow they'll be having a 42 degrees celcius day. Last summer it was the worst for Brisbane...
Pff... I get temperatures like those every day here in Venezuela. And I don't have to worry about the cold, except indoors with my AC turned on 24/7.

crans
14th January 2007, 23:28
All you're doing is adding a useless layer of white noise, nothing else.

Something you'd be familiar with...

Pff... I get temperatures like those every day here in Venezuela. And I don't have to worry about the cold, except indoors with my AC turned on 24/7.

Yeah but Venezuela would be no where near as Muggy as Australia, 42 degree celcius Temp wouldn't be that hard to cope if it weren't muggy.

Kira Yamato
15th January 2007, 00:23
Khu it's not worth arguing with you, you're just some random person on the other side of an internet connection. Now I went off on you because I'm a highly emotional person for which I apologize. but arguing with some one like you is useless.

edit°
15th January 2007, 01:18
You're all arguing about being fair and yet EVERYONE is using phrases like "people like you". Generalisations which would barely be acceptable if you knew anything about the other people in the fucking discussion... :rolleyes:

starstriker1
15th January 2007, 04:12

Well, it doesn't get that hot over here in summer. Close, though... we'll hit 30 C fairly often in the summer.

What's crazy is that those are our summer temperatures, while winter gets as low as -40 C.

Damn, it must be nice having predictable weather... darn people with their darn large bodies of water.

crans
15th January 2007, 04:44
Well, it doesn't get that hot over here in summer. Close, though... we'll hit 30 C fairly often in the summer.

What's crazy is that those are our summer temperatures, while winter gets as low as -40 C.

Damn, it must be nice having predictable weather... darn people with their darn large bodies of water.

Yeah, where are you stationed at?

EDIT: Wait, after looking at you Location tag... Moosemeat.... Canada?

Kira Yamato
15th January 2007, 04:46

Normal Nevada summers quite easily break 100 degrees, then the winter nights drop us to like 10 degrees. You don't often see a day where the temp actually drops off the mercury thermometer.

starstriker1
15th January 2007, 04:54
Yeah, where are you stationed at?

EDIT: Wait, after looking at you Location tag... Moosemeat.... Canada?

Edmonton, Alberta.

I was actually referencing that Wierd Al song, "Canadian Idiot". ;)

crans
15th January 2007, 05:40
Edmonton, Alberta.

I was actually referencing that Wierd Al song, "Canadian Idiot". ;)

Oh lol. I'm sorry to say I've never heard of Alberta... Then again, I'm Aussie and I took no interest in my Geography class :p

starstriker1
15th January 2007, 15:36
Hey, if I'd never visited the land down under, I wouldn't be able to point out Brisbane on a map, either! ;)

Kira Yamato
15th January 2007, 18:48
I know where Alberta is. A lot of canuks come form there to gamble here, to Reno. Mainly because we're alot closer then Vegas, to Canada.

Zabiela
15th January 2007, 21:26
I mean, look at it. Communists? It's straight out of Dr. Strangelove.

I just noticed this reference. Thats my favorite movie ever. And kubrick is almost my favorite director, behind the coen brothers.

crans
15th January 2007, 23:04
Hey, if I'd never visited the land down under, I wouldn't be able to point out Brisbane on a map, either! ;)

Heheh, but I mean, how can you miss Brisbane?! I mean it is nicknamed 'BrisVegas' and we hosted the 1988 Expo...

EDIT: Why the hell are we called 'BrisVegas':confused:

starstriker1
16th January 2007, 01:23
I know where Alberta is. A lot of canuks come form there to gamble here, to Reno. Mainly because we're alot closer then Vegas, to Canada.

Its spelt "Canucks", good sir. :D

Crans, I'd honestly never heard of it before going to Australia. O_o

crans
16th January 2007, 01:33
:mad:

starstriker1
16th January 2007, 01:39
The Aussie is mad at me! I must flee!

...fortunately, all I need for self defnese is a snowball, at which you will be held at bay by your irrational fear and superstitions, believing me to be either a god or a devil. :D

crans
16th January 2007, 01:47
Lol. Why is it that every American and Canadian think that it doesn't snow in Aus? Have you guys heard of NSW, Tasmania? I could go on but I can't think of any other places that snow. Oh crap, I shouldn't of said that I couldn't think of any other places... Oh crap! I certainly shouldn't of said American and Candian in the same sentence.... Oh it's too hot to be bothered with... :D :D

Isolation
16th January 2007, 02:01
Oh crap, I shouldn't of said that I couldn't think of any other places... Oh crap! I certainly shouldn't of said American and Candian in the same sentence.... Oh it's too hot to be bothered with... :D :D

Yes. Simpsons is good. As for cold. 13 degrees is mighty chilly for someone such as myself.

crans
16th January 2007, 02:59
Yes. Simpsons is good. As for cold. 13 degrees is mighty chilly for someone such as myself.

YAY! Someone picked up on my Simpsons reference!! And where abouts are you if 13 degrees is cold?

Hyp-R
16th January 2007, 04:08
im used to it
good ole albertan wetaher

Isolation
16th January 2007, 05:24
YAY! Someone picked up on my Simpsons reference!! And where abouts are you if 13 degrees is cold?

I'm in Palmdale, CA, USA. Last few nights have gotten down to the teens. Too cold for me. I'm more of a fan of 50-60 degrees.

crans
16th January 2007, 05:44
I'm in Palmdale, CA, USA. Last few nights have gotten down to the teens. Too cold for me. I'm more of a fan of 50-60 degrees.

So that means that you'd be wearing your swim skin as long johns then :P

starstriker1
16th January 2007, 05:56
Lol. Why is it that every American and Canadian think that it doesn't snow in Aus? Have you guys heard of NSW, Tasmania? I could go on but I can't think of any other places that snow. Oh crap, I shouldn't of said that I couldn't think of any other places... Oh crap! I certainly shouldn't of said American and Candian in the same sentence.... Oh it's too hot to be bothered with... :D :D

If you guys didn't all live along the coast, I'd cut you some slack! :P

Yeah, actually, my trip was during your winter (WINTER!?!), and I'll admit, when we travelled inland, we DID see some frost in the morning. As well as an impressive amount of Kangeroo shaped roadkill on the sides of the roads...

crans
16th January 2007, 06:20
You bastard!! You killed skippy!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:

Kira Yamato
16th January 2007, 06:33
Meh' Skippy was no Kenny.

starstriker1
16th January 2007, 06:33
...I didn't say that WE hit them. But, yeah. Dead 'roos.

Kira Yamato
16th January 2007, 06:50
I saw some human road kill a few days ago...

crans
16th January 2007, 06:57
Yummy. Did ya poke him with a stick? :p

Kira Yamato
16th January 2007, 07:00
No I almost ran him over some more though. Lucky for me the Mercedes in nimble as hell.

crans
16th January 2007, 07:03
lol. SUPRISE REAL LIFE BUTT- ....DEAD CORPSE!!!

Sir Wankus Magpie
17th January 2007, 05:30
Ive always had a icky feeling seeing human road kill

animals is one thing but damn when you see a dude that doesn't look like a dude because an other dude ran that dude over....its not cool dude

starstriker1
17th January 2007, 05:56
...if a body is sitting on the road after a collision, that means there was a hit and run... :mad:

Kira Yamato
17th January 2007, 07:47
...if a body is sitting on the road after a collision, that means there was a hit and run... :mad:

No it's homicide at worst, man slaughter at best. But when it's a bum, then it's just population control.

Edit: There was no dead car around him either, so he probably got hit walking. Thats what happens when you're stupid enough to walk along an Interstate freeway.

Ging
17th January 2007, 11:38
Yet no one really deserves to be left on the side of the road having been hit, of course, what's worse would be if they didn't actually die from the impact and had to watch car after car drive past slowly to ogle at them without stopping to call for help...

crans
17th January 2007, 13:26
Or they could be baiting on the fact that people could pull over and go,
"Omg, are you ok?"

*masked robber comes from behind the bushes*

Then *BAM*!!!!! The ol' fork in the eye...or back...

Ging
17th January 2007, 15:04
Then pull over, stay in the car and call the emergency services - it doesn't take a genius to figure out a sensible approach to such a situation. Or if you don't want to stop, than just make the call after you've gone past, they'd rather receive a number of calls about an incident than none at all.

Paegus
17th January 2007, 16:58
though preferably call from one of those emergency call boxes... or possibly the NEXT one so you don't get jumped because then they know exactly where you're talking about and don't have to faff around figuring out which turn off you past last.

Sil
17th January 2007, 18:56
Or be a prejudiced, cynical, callous and odius little man and run past him, slightly resisting the urge to run him over because you fear for your paint job.

Kira Yamato
17th January 2007, 19:07
Then pull over, stay in the car and call the emergency services - it doesn't take a genius to figure out a sensible approach to such a situation. Or if you don't want to stop, than just make the call after you've gone past, they'd rather receive a number of calls about an incident than none at all.

Yeah thats whats great abut having two people in the car. One can make the call wail the other is still driving. Driving + Talking on the cell phone = stupidity.

Sil
17th January 2007, 19:38
Driving + calling the emergency central going "there's a human roadkill along route whatever" = not very risky business, could take a life, most likely won't do much harm.

At least if you compare it to

Driving + noticing someone mortally wounded -- dying or dead -- in the road, then not doing anything.

Dunno about you, but I can't see how you could possibly know why this man was run over, who he was, or if he was even run over -- all I know is you're basically flipping off the opportunity to save a life. Your self-righteous negligence may have cost a life.
And that, m'dear, defines being an utter arsehole.

Kira Yamato
17th January 2007, 19:52
Normal, and even remotely alive people don't lay face down in pools of blood half way in the passing lane. If you see a corpse on the road, and are as sensitive as me in person, well lets just say I was beyond hysterical. That being said all my common sense just flew out the window, and I was having a hard time even driving. So the person in the passenger seat, my father, made the call. The only arsehole I see here is you, the idiot judging with out all the facts. Now I may have had expressed some morbid humor, but damn that was a horrifying sight. Even so the fire department was already mobilizing when Dad made the 911 call, because it's not like a human corpse in the road isn't going to attract a lot of attention. But tell me this, where did I say I wouldn't call 911 because of some thing like this? I didn't say I would just brush it off, and in fact if I had even some resemblance of common sense I probably would have called my self. But it's awful easy for you to criticize me because you weren't there, and you've probably never seen something like this.

Sil
17th January 2007, 20:21
No I almost ran him over some more though. Lucky for me the Mercedes in nimble as hell.
-- Just saying. I'm not you, you're not me. I'm sure we can debate who's happier because of this, but there's no point to it. However, if I *were* you -- I'd mention my dad calling 911 right about there.

Kira Yamato
17th January 2007, 21:01
-- Just saying. I'm not you, you're not me. I'm sure we can debate who's happier because of this, but there's no point to it. However, if I *were* you -- I'd mention my dad calling 911 right about there.

Well you could have ASKED if you were unsure, instead of jumping to a conclusion.

Sil
17th January 2007, 21:03
Well you could have ASKED if you were unsure, instead of jumping to a conclusion.
Meh. Can't be arsed, waste of my time. Much more fun seeing you like this. =)

Kira Yamato
17th January 2007, 21:06
I hope you're not such a smart ass in person Sil, some one might just break your face one of these days. :rolleyes:

Zabiela
17th January 2007, 21:18
Seriously....

Sil
17th January 2007, 21:20
Seriously....
... dude...

No, but I agree. ^^ So, how's about them chills, eh?

Zabiela
17th January 2007, 21:23
I woke up, to hear rain start falling on my roof, and it put me back into some awesome sleep. Im cold.

crans
17th January 2007, 23:51
I woke up, to hear rain start falling on my roof, and it put me back into some awesome sleep. Im cold.

SLEEP POSTING FTW!!!