PDA

View Full Version : Crysis

The Unnamed
10th January 2007, 14:14
Hey what do you guy think of the upcoming Crysis game for the PC. I think it looks great and puts all other consol Next-gen games to shame. Im going to need to buy another kick-ass computer just to play it.

Gusdor
10th January 2007, 16:02
Looks great. Hope they do something good with the game play tho. SP FPSs are getting pretty stale for me

Night Raider
10th January 2007, 18:27
The graphics look good, but the gameplay looks way too similar to Far Cry, even if they developed that game. The power suit should get a remake, it looks weird, in my oppinion. Still, who can't say no to re-enacting the Predator scene where gunfire can turn a jungle into a meadow, then I'm in.

Ging
10th January 2007, 18:56
The power suit looks awesome, I like the idea (and system behind) being able to select, on the fly, specific attributes to boost and the weapon customisation system.

As long as the aliens are less shit than Trigens, than they're on to a winner.

Euphoria
10th January 2007, 19:47
The power suits abilities seem like improved versions of Deus Ex's augmentations, which definately isn't a bad thing (and yes, I have referred to deus ex a bit too much on these forums:) .)

The only thing I'm worried about is the system requirements:( . It may be a year before my dad gets vista, and another 5 years before I can run the game on high settings.

Zabiela
10th January 2007, 19:55
As long as the aliens are less shit than Trigens, than they're on to a winner.

AW theres aliens? Faaaaaack. I thought they were really pushing the sci-fi with those annoying apes, now aliens....

I remember the first thing I said when I played farcry "If only those bushes moved when you went past them". Wooopie!

neebo
10th January 2007, 20:48
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-3502375929069803475&q=crysis

starstriker1
10th January 2007, 21:16
I'll be playing a demo, when it comes out.

Zabiela
10th January 2007, 21:22
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-3502375929069803475&q=crysis

Talk about a guy who doesnt know how to talk about whats new in the game.

"You can enter ze vehicle, you can drive, you can go forward, backward, anything!"

wow thanks for the info.

Demented
10th January 2007, 22:53
That looked fancy. 'Course, it mostly just looked fancy.

Ging
11th January 2007, 08:48
Aliens (http://www.tothegame.com/sshotfeat.asp?screen=8586&pic=1) in Crysis (I'll avoid making a crisis based pun there)

Zabiela
11th January 2007, 22:38
Aliens (http://www.tothegame.com/sshotfeat.asp?screen=8586&pic=1) in Crysis (I'll avoid making a crisis based pun there)

sigh....

Demented
11th January 2007, 22:55
Well, they look fancy enough. They'll probably be sucky to fight, but, eh, who cares about that?

I just get the feeling that playing this game will be like watching the last sequence of Children of Men, and that's going to be doubleplusfun. Watching an aircraft carrier get torn up ought to be good too.

Damn next-gen games.

Ging
11th January 2007, 22:57
They're meant to be a bit more humanoid-esque in how they fight (in the majority, some, like the flying ones obviously won't be) compared to the trigens in Far Cry, so hopefully it won't be quite as annoying when they turn up as it was when Far Cry went to shit with the tri gens.

Zabiela
11th January 2007, 23:13
Doesnt matter how fancy they look , in my opinion aliens just dont belong in the farcry universe. Also i've only played the first farcry, and I thought the trigens were stretching it. I like the feeling of fighting mercenaries on a tropical island, the sci-fi elements just detract from the immersion.

Euphoria
14th January 2007, 14:08
I made the mistake of playing far cry on the highest difficulty, so it literally took an entire p90 clip to take down one of the smaller monkey trigens, and the big boys (or whatever they were called) took a ridiculous amount of shotgun shots to the head, from what I can remember it seemed like 30. I had to stop in the end on that temple level, there was just too many trigens and too little ammo.

Zabiela
14th January 2007, 20:23
Yeah, and as soon as a pixel of your player was in the fov of the mercenaries, your stealth bar zooms immediately into the red.

Ging
14th January 2007, 21:54
Doesnt matter how fancy they look , in my opinion aliens just dont belong in the farcry universe.

Crysis isn't in the Far Cry universe :p

I quite like the idea of them and at least they have other sci-fi elements going along with it (such as your uber suit of doom).

Kira Yamato
14th January 2007, 23:28
Crysis seems pretty cool though.

Is far cry any good?

crans
15th January 2007, 00:26
Yeah it's quite good, the vehicles are fun. Maps are ok. To me FarCry isn't mind blowing but it's cool.

Felf
19th January 2007, 19:55
which fool said it looked "too much like farcry" ? That can be no bad thing! 'cept the trigens of course... Other than that, i think of it as a farcry two - a farcry sequel, with the shit bits extracted and aliens and ice added! :D

QReaper
19th January 2007, 20:05
Yeah, and as soon as a pixel of your player was in the fov of the mercenaries, your stealth bar zooms immediately into the red.
And that's what was awesome about FarCry: Instincts.

By the time a pixel showed up, you were in a Merc's face and ripping out his eyes.:D

ProgrammedToConsume
20th January 2007, 00:11
And that's what was awesome about FarCry: Instincts.

By the time a pixel showed up, you were in a Merc's face and ripping out his eyes.:D

FarCry is awesome, you can sneek up on a merc(or rush him from a distance at like 50mph), then when your close enough you can claw him to death and launch him 20ft in the air, literally

Ging
20th January 2007, 00:24
Console Far Cry for the lose lads...

QReaper
20th January 2007, 01:22
Console Far Cry for the lose lads...
Says the man with a 14000+ gamer score.:p

Ging
20th January 2007, 01:47
You should look further and see just how many of those points came from Far Cry on the 360 (some, but I just didn't like it enough to play it through).

starstriker1
20th January 2007, 02:00
Apparently, the Wii port was an absolute disgrace. The screenshots alone were enough to convince me of that the first time I got wind of it, though. I know hi def graphics aren't the Wii's "thing", but honestly? I've seen better looking games on the Cube. Or the N64. Just because the horsepower isn't there isn't an excuse to have graphics that bad, and CERTAINLY not in a first person shooter...

Ging
20th January 2007, 11:52
That was one of the major let downs for the 360 far cry, all they'd done was pulled all the assets from the original xbox version and thrown them into a world with slightly nicer water...

IE, it looked like something that got squeezed out a monkeys arse.

QReaper
20th January 2007, 16:39
To which I have to say "Big deal.".

I mean, yeah, sometimes I wondered why the hell it looked like it did, but it's still a good game.

Ging
20th January 2007, 16:52
To which I say, the PC version, without the feral shite, was better (and prettier)... By a factor of oooh, about a million! :D

QReaper
20th January 2007, 17:21
To which I say, the PC version, without the feral shite, was better (and prettier)... By a factor of oooh, about a million! :D
I couldn't argue with you there, as I've never played the PC version (aside from the demo, which was okay). But still, I really enjoyed the whole jungle stalker thing.