PDA

View Full Version : Tker - "WNx Lord Gn Cpl." STEAM_0:1:11158320

Zabiela
10th January 2007, 06:55
Today I hopped into a server I dont often play in. The first thing I saw was someone say "wtf" because they got shot, and Lord Igrenade said "sorry, u looked like teh hidden guy" :rolleyes:
So I spawn and were playing, and as I turn a corner I get hit with a bullet. I turned around and he was there, so I took out the pistol and shot him, which was stupid, but whatever, thats why in the demo he says I started it.
A couple rounds go, and I thought he'd quit, but then blam, I got shotgunned out of nowhere by him, so I started the demo.
He then proceeded to hit some random dude to 3 hp or something, blow up plastic spoon, then explode my head.
I said his steam id so it would show up in the demo, and he started acting up about it. His opinion on the matter : "Oh, its just a mod anyway"

# 139 "XxToxsidxX" STEAM_0:1:208102 49:47 84 0 active
# 145 "WNx Lord îG®nÃÐ Cpl." STEAM_0:1:11158320 10:46 101 0 active

demo: http://www.sendspace.com/file/wu0z8j

The demo was recorded with hidden launched as the source sdk base. I wasnt able to play it back with the hl2 launcher, so you probably need to use the former.

Scuzzy
10th January 2007, 12:00
Don't take offense to this one my man, but for this round I think I'm going to pass. You don't know how they were playing around before you came into the box, and you did mildly provoke him by returning fire...

Scuzzy

EmeralDragon
10th January 2007, 13:25
I'm namely curious as to the name. iGrenade? As in the guy one thread down complaining of TK'ers? lol

iGrenade
10th January 2007, 18:44
Of course you'll report in your point of view, I knew this was gonna happen.
You did not apologize, and you attacked me first. By the way, you probably recorded that demo after you stopped being an immature, let me check...
Edit: Yup, you started recording after you killed me enough and I took revenge on you.
By the way this (http://hidden-stats.co.uk/profile.php?s=STEAM_0:1:11158320) is my stats.

Zabiela
10th January 2007, 20:23
Of course you'll report in your point of view, I knew this was gonna happen.
You did not apologize, and you attacked me first.

Ill have the owner of whatever server it was (after i check) check the logs for both of us. If it turns out you are right , ill make a public apology. But I can distinctly remember getting shot, so i shot you back to make us even, i thought you'd stop there (after you shot me a second time to re-revenge). Yeah It was stupid and childish, but not as stupid and childish as you tking me and spoon several times after.

By the way, you probably recorded that demo after you stopped being an immature, let me check...
Edit: Yup, you started recording after you killed me enough and I took revenge on you.

lol, feel free to back that one up with some proof. Last night I never tk'ed you once, ever. The only thing I did to you was shoot you with the pistol once. The logs will tell us all.
I started recording when I turned a corner and you blew me up with your shotgun, and then, for unknown reasons, blew up my friend spoon and injured some other dude too. Are you gonna tell us they were tking you too and you were getting "revenge"?

By the way this (http://hidden-stats.co.uk/profile.php?s=STEAM_0:1:11158320) is my stats.

Too bad they're empty, and I dont think the server we were on was ranked.

Im going to ask plastic spoon to come over and give his version. He was just a bystander for the mostpart, until igrenade decided to blow him up too.

Ill edit back with the servername, and have the owner check his logs. Well, at least im glad I didnt tk at all, and you lied about it :)

The server was - ZPG dont touch my mustard. The map was ovr_derelict, the previous map was hdn_docks (could have been ovr).

Zabiela
10th January 2007, 20:27
Scuzzy;106140']Don't take offense to this one my man, but for this round I think I'm going to pass. You don't know how they were playing around before you came into the box, and you did mildly provoke him by returning fire...

Scuzzy

Please keep in mind, we exchanged 2 or 3 pistol bullets, and that was the end of that. It was stupid yes, it was one of those finger slip moments caused by immediate frustration.
A good 5 or 10 minutes passed after that though, I thought we wouldnt have any problems. Then I turned a corner and I blew up.
~ record "demoname"

The reason im hidden at the beginning is because i just got killed by him.

You can watch what happens from there. 3 unwarranted tk's, the first 2 on people who didnt do anything to him. If you want to say mine was warranted for the tw earlier, sure, but hes still tking in revenge, and greifing others.

iGrenade
10th January 2007, 20:39
Yea, "unraked" server. Play on ranked servers if you don't wanna have this kind of arugments. Your choice, no one's gonna stop you.

Zabiela
10th January 2007, 20:44
Yea, "unraked" server. Play on ranked servers if you don't wanna have this kind of arugments. Your choice, no one's gonna stop you.

Record a demo before accusing me of tking, no one has stopped me from doing so so far. :rolleyes:

I pm'ed emerald dragon who is the owner of ZPG.

iGrenade
10th January 2007, 21:13
Ok, have fun telling you mates to ban me from a server.

Scuzzy
11th January 2007, 14:09
I'd like to see the log myself Emerald, if you could e-mail me a copy at scuzzy[a-t]oldtimersclan.com I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Scuzzy

EmeralDragon
11th January 2007, 15:39
My oh my.

I'll try and check the logs when I get off work this evening. Unfortunately, I no longer have direct access to the server due to a FTP issue that Verizon has been so kind to utterly screw up (but hey, at least I *finally* got switched to fastpath! Yay for 30ms decrease across the board!). I'll have to see if our "server guy" can help me straighten it out, or maybe just pull the log file and toss it to me to go over.

And on a completely unrelated note, sorry to all that keep getting crashes on our server. After 3 complete rebuilds, we still haven't solved this mystery issue, and Server Doc refuses to auto-restart it now. Fun fun fun.

Zabiela
11th January 2007, 20:36
Thanks for you time emerald.

Scuzzy
11th January 2007, 22:54
My oh my.

I'll try and check the logs when I get off work this evening. Unfortunately, I no longer have direct access to the server due to a FTP issue that Verizon has been so kind to utterly screw up (but hey, at least I *finally* got switched to fastpath! Yay for 30ms decrease across the board!). I'll have to see if our "server guy" can help me straighten it out, or maybe just pull the log file and toss it to me to go over.

And on a completely unrelated note, sorry to all that keep getting crashes on our server. After 3 complete rebuilds, we still haven't solved this mystery issue, and Server Doc refuses to auto-restart it now. Fun fun fun.

windows or linux?

Scuzzy

EmeralDragon
12th January 2007, 03:18
Scuzzy;106381']windows or linux?

Scuzzy

Windows, using an older build so we can enable VAC.

I haven't even attempted at adding Mani Mod again since the last build since we can't even get it to stay up for a few hours without crashing.

And this FTP thing is killing me. I have ~400mb of custom maps to upload to the server, and no way to do it, lol.

As far as the logs go, I'm hoping my server guy gets online tonight, as he's the only one that has the ablity to pull that file for me. We'll see...

Maybe I'll call up the server company and see if they can do it for me. :D

Zabiela
12th January 2007, 05:53
If it causes you too much trouble, forget it. I can survive with 1 extra asshat :p
I was under the impression owners could just visit a url to check their logs...

iGrenade
12th January 2007, 21:28
I'm not very surprised about teenagers these days in the internet who disrespects other users with bad language.

Zabiela
12th January 2007, 21:48
I'm not very surprised about teenagers these days in the internet who disrespects other users with bad language.

These days im surprised some adults have worse grammar than the kids they're trying to burn.

Buddy, if you dont like being disrespected, the internet is the wrong place for you.

(especially in a post where you're getting shit for having disrespected people in game in the first place :p)

iGrenade
12th January 2007, 22:38
Yay internet arguments with teens.
By the way, the internet is the right place for me since there are places that have mature users that will not disrespect other users. Period.
Yea go ahead, I pissed you off, reply.

EmeralDragon
12th January 2007, 22:52
Will both of you hush? Regardless of age, you're both acting like grade-schoolers.

I'll be looking at the logs (hopefully :p) in about 30 minutes when I get home.

We'll have the answers then, and godd*mn it if someone isn't getting banned after all this crap, lol.

Zabiela
13th January 2007, 00:04
By the way, the internet is the right place for me since there are places that have mature users that will not disrespect other users. Period.

lol, Ty emerald.

iGrenade
13th January 2007, 00:39
Ban me man! I like that.

EmeralDragon
13th January 2007, 04:14
Ok, well evidently logging was never enabled on our servers (doh).

Without further proof, I'm unable to determine which of you is more of an asshat, so you're both off the hook. Based on solid proof alone, iGrenade seems more at fault with the demo, but it's my own fault for not having logging enabled so that I could uncover the whole truth.

On the up side, logging is now enabled. :o

I'll be keeping an eye out for both of you. Make sure to abid by the rules in the MOTD, which include no TK's or Team Wounding. I understand the ZPG server has had a lack of admin supervision, but in the future bans will be given out for TK's regardless of "who started it". If someone TK's you, demo it and submit it on the forums either via a thread in this section or a PM to me. If they TK you and THEY get a demo of you "returning the favor", I'm going to have to side with them. Intentional TK's are intentional TK's, regardless of the reasoning or justification behind them.

Thanks.

-Emerald

Zabiela
13th January 2007, 07:17
Please do keep an eye out :)

iGrenade
14th January 2007, 08:36
Please do keep an eye out :)
Yea, please do so.

edit
14th January 2007, 10:56
Simple answer, apply to be admin on your favorite servers. Its solved all my TKer problems.

Mayhem
14th January 2007, 13:44
edit, your my hero! :p

Love to see you 'kick n ban' people. Their always "I didn't tk anyone!" *has -3 score*.

edit
14th January 2007, 14:23
Its an odd thought but the thing that makes me aware of how successful Hidden is is that we get more and more random wankers joining up who I've NEVER even heard of before and then tking when they get bored. The fact that I can average banning 4 people every time I play and the servers are still busy most of the time is a good sign. :)

Kesh
14th January 2007, 17:30
Zabiela why do you complain about some guy teamkilling you, are you fucking new to online games or something? Its always been full of wankers that want to wreck other peoples game. You make so much noise about it asking to ban that guy, it seems very childish. Whenever sum asshole is trying to teamkill me for no reason i just start abusing him back untill he leaves server. Or are you a bad shot that u cant fight back?

hutch
14th January 2007, 18:02
Zabiela why do you complain about some guy teamkilling you, are you fucking new to online games or something? Its always been full of wankers that want to wreck other peoples game. You make so much noise about it asking to ban that guy, it seems very childish. Whenever sum asshole is trying to teamkill me for no reason i just start abusing him back untill he leaves server. Or are you a bad shot that u cant fight back?

But together this community will kick tk'ers asses. Watch us, how many lamers do you see online now compared to early b3? with a attitude like that though your going to get banned with the rest of the scum.

Mayhem
14th January 2007, 18:16
But together this community will kick tk'ers asses. Watch us, how many lamers do you see online now compared to early b3? with a attitude like that though your going to get banned with the rest of the scum.

I love the way things are handled in here. Reminds me of DOD:S admin job :P =101st= servers. 32 players, no camping allowed. Christ. The amount of bans given made my head hurt.

Keep up the good work, lads :)

Scuzzy
14th January 2007, 19:37

These forums are for admins to discuss server problems, including but not limited too problem players. The point being this is exactly the place he should be bringing up issues with players so that we as a community may address it as a whole if need be. It isn't childish, it's administrative, hense this forum. Thank you for your input,

Scuzzy

edit
14th January 2007, 19:58
^ What they said. You're part of the problem if you deliberately TK. Permanent

Zabiela
14th January 2007, 20:18

Had I been admin, once the demo was done, it would have been as simple as ma_ban 0 .
Youll find out that here, not many people share the idea that to take care of wankers, you need to be one yourself.

Kesh
14th January 2007, 22:37

What u on about? What attitude?

Kesh
14th January 2007, 22:42
Had I been admin, once the demo was done, it would have been as simple as ma_ban 0 .
Youll find out that here, not many people share the idea that to take care of wankers, you need to be one yourself.

If a guy on the street is trying to steal your phone, and you break his nose. Is that being a wanker? I just know for a fact that the only way to stop people who TK on purpose is kill them when they spawn, then they start crying and stop playing a game. We fight the same war just different ways i guess. Ah and do you ban them from one server or from the whole mod?

-SM-SUCKER
14th January 2007, 23:00
If a guy on the street is trying to steal your phone, and you break his nose. Is that being a wanker?
If you brake his nose he will call a lawyer and you might be sitting next to him in prison. If you call the police it will just be him getting jailed and showering there with men while you can shower yourself at home.
Better this way because he wont steal from anyone else except those prisoners. Quite a good metophor, just your interpretation was not good.

Scuzzy
15th January 2007, 01:48
If a guy on the street is trying to steal your phone, and you break his nose. Is that being a wanker? I just know for a fact that the only way to stop people who TK on purpose is kill them when they spawn, then they start crying and stop playing a game. We fight the same war just different ways i guess. Ah and do you ban them from one server or from the whole mod?

If you don't want to play with TKers I suggest you try servers that are have active administration or software to prevent it. I would highly discourage TKing in retaliation, as you're apt to get banned from more places then the guy you're pissed at.

Scuzzy

Knigh7s
15th January 2007, 06:44
Scuzzy;106954']If you don't want to play with TKers I suggest you try servers that are have active administration or software to prevent it. I would highly discourage TKing in retaliation, as you're apt to get banned from more places then the guy you're pissed at.

Scuzzy

That is true, TKing is Tking, regardless if you did it first or not.

Kesh
16th January 2007, 00:09
If you brake his nose he will call a lawyer and you might be sitting next to him in prison. If you call the police it will just be him getting jailed and showering there with men while you can shower yourself at home.
Better this way because he wont steal from anyone else except those prisoners. Quite a good metophor, just your interpretation was not good.

Lol. So you tellin me u get attacked by some scumbag on the street and you're gonna go call the police? lol. Well i just always fight back. And even though that system works in Hidden, it definately wouldnt work with that case, so ur interpretation was not good, not mine ;P. And scuzzy, i know that you're against TKing, so am i. But i'm not TK back cos i want to, but so i can get on with my game. And i noticed most Hidden servers dont have admins on. And why should i leave to a different server if sum gay bellend is trying to ruin everyone's game. =)

Zabiela
16th January 2007, 00:19
If you dont ban them, theyll be back the next day.

I fail to see how this is difficult to understand.

Ging
16th January 2007, 00:20
Getting attacked on the street is a completely different issue to being TK'd in a game... The majority of popular hidden servers provide several methods of dealing with problem players, be it via vote kick or reporting the problem to an admin via forums / email.

If you do TK back, you will find yourself banned from a number of servers quite rapidly, especially the more popular ones like Smokeys in Europe or Old Timers / FNFC in the states.

Scuzzy
16th January 2007, 11:14
And scuzzy, i know that you're against TKing, so am i. But i'm not TK back cos i want to, but so i can get on with my game. And i noticed most Hidden servers dont have admins on. And why should i leave to a different server if sum gay bellend is trying to ruin everyone's game. =)

If you want to play on a server that doesn't administrate or have TK protection then you have no reason to complain. You have choosen to play by that TKers rules in his environment. You'll TK him at the start of this round, he'll TK you at the start of the next round, and that'll be the fun you have. I only suggested you leave that server to find one where you don't have to deal with TKers for long.

There are plenty of good players and plenty of idiots. Chilly stats only tracks 41k players of the game, most of which aren't bad. However, when it comes to TKers, a few of us don't want them and get rid of them:

TK perm bans by month at [o-t]:

August - 41
September - 23
October - 10
November - 11
December - 76
January MTD - 29

TK Temp bans:

August - 8
September - 4
October - 9
November - 10
December - 28
January MTD - 29

So that's 190 TKers that you'll never have to deal with on the [o-t] servers, and around 88 incidents that have told people they should be a better shot.

I'm not looking to play with idiots. I'm looking to play with very good players. We have a few regulars that are extremely good at being Hidden, to the point where the IRIS teams have actually figured out they must use their microphones and actively work together to kill them. Players like "DarkMark" have been hidden 108 times, against an average IRIS team size of 5 players and have a 88% survival rate as the Hidden. Now that's a player I want to hunt. :)

Scuzzy