PDA

View Full Version : ambient_generic... fadeout?

scratch
9th January 2007, 20:59
To make a long story short: How can i make an ambient_generic sound fade out? It just keeps playing the sound although the fade out has been triggered. Any advice is appreciated.

Oh, and don't ask: Yes, i'm building a new map. For Hidden. Again. :p

Paegus
9th January 2007, 21:24
keeps playing at original volume or fades to a point but doesn't cut out?

scratch
9th January 2007, 21:30
Original volume, nothing changes.

That's the trigger output btw:

<OnStartTouch> <SoundName> <PlaySound> <0.00>
<OnStartTouch> <SoundName> <FadeOut> <3> <5.00>

means five seconds after the trigger has been activated the sound should fade out within three seconds. I can use 'stopsound' - doesn't help me though. Can't get FadeIn to work either, but i don't need that one.

Paegus
10th January 2007, 11:07
-It probably broke with HL2:E1 as the fadein/out methods have apparently changed.
-it works fine in the current B5 build but not in B4
-you'll need to tack an <OnStartTouch> <SoundName> <StopSound> <8.00> on at the end to bring the sound to an actual stop. FadeOut just drops the volume to 0 so any future PlaySounds wont do anything.

scratch
10th January 2007, 11:40
Ah, well, i'm still using B4, i do have the new beta builds on my drive though.. but that would only end in a mess i think. The map isn't even nearly ready, so i'll just go on with something else and wait for B5 to be released.. the Hidden profile on ModDB.com says end of january! :eek:

Ging
10th January 2007, 12:09
It does?

Paegus
10th January 2007, 12:41
on the side under development it says Jan 31st... of THIS year :)

Ah, well, i'm still using B4, i do have the new beta builds on my drive though.. but that would only end in a mess i think.

the only problem with working directly on the svn is all those damned .svn textures showing up in the texture browser. other than that steam (including hammer and hl2) could care less where you put stuff so long as you tell it where to look.