PDA

View Full Version : hidden sight

ill
8th January 2007, 10:48
i got a question for the mod makers if the hidden sees himself (his hands,knife,pipebomb) why doesnt he see the other hiddens in overun mode???:confused:

Gusdor
8th January 2007, 10:58
I can't be arsed with the spiel! :D I think this is a call for - GING!

Ging
8th January 2007, 11:33
They refract light at slightly different frequencies to each other, so while they can see themselves, they can't see each other... Or, just because we're lazy and OVR was a quick throwaway game type with minimal thought put into it's implementation.

ill
8th January 2007, 12:03
but i think in hdn_Origin there is a hidden in a test tube with a tatoo on his back maybe that would be a good prototype to make different hiddens with different tatoos or something:D

Gusdor
8th January 2007, 14:10
They refract light at slightly different frequencies to each other, so while they can see themselves, they can't see each other... Or, just because we're lazy and OVR was a quick throwaway game type with minimal thought put into it's implementation.
O rly?

I always thought it was because 617 can see what is within his own bioelectric field as that is where his eyes are, but anything outside behaves like it would for anyone else. Whatever, OVR sucks :D

Paegus
8th January 2007, 14:21
but he doesn't see anything... not with that bandage over his eyes.

ill
8th January 2007, 15:40
maybe he senses the envyroment and turns it all into an image

Sil
8th January 2007, 16:21
He refracts light without a mirror or glass. Why shouldn't he see without eyes, eh?

ill
8th January 2007, 16:24
:) yeah i gues and afterall he is a mutant :)

Gusdor
8th January 2007, 18:11
He refracts light without a mirror or glass. Why shouldn't he see without eyes, eh?
I think you'll find the technical term is 'bends it madly like an illusionsit' - none of the 'refraction' nonsense...pfft

-SM-SUCKER
8th January 2007, 19:24
but i think in hdn_Origin there is a hidden in a test tube with a tatoo on his back maybe that would be a good prototype to make different hiddens with different tatoos or something:D
There is even a visible Hidden model. We just see it falling down almost everytime the IRIS wins a hdn round. We, and by we I mean YOU CODERS could use that model to get some visible Hiddens !
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ging
8th January 2007, 19:31
Showing a different skin for different teams is actually a bit of a 'mare, mainly because model / skin selection is set on the server and overriding it on the client wouldn't be fun.

We did have 4 separate skins for the hiddens in OVR, until we made the corpses explode...

ill
8th January 2007, 19:43
i also think that the story of the hidden should be extended because it is quite interesting that is how i started to play the mod i heard about it somewhere (i forgot where:confused: ) went on the webcite, read all about ,it liked it=download:D

Sil
9th January 2007, 15:30
I think you'll find the technical term is 'bends it madly like an illusionsit' - none of the 'refraction' nonsense...pfft
Yeah, thanks. I was looking for the word, but it escaped me. Luckily, you native speakers always help me out. Appreciate it.

Would it be grammatically incorrect if I said "Bends it madly like a ninja-illusionist"? Is there a better way of implying stealth as well?

Demented
9th January 2007, 20:14
'Bends it madly like a ninja-illusionist' is gramatically correct, but misleading and impossible. A ninja-illusionist doesn't bend anything, he's just invisible.

Sil
9th January 2007, 23:53
'Bends it madly like a ninja-illusionist' is gramatically correct, but misleading and impossible. A ninja-illusionist doesn't bend anything, he's just invisible.
See, this is why I have to ask. Thanks. =)

starstriker1
10th January 2007, 01:01
Aren't the two terms kinda redundant? A ninja is very good at creating illusions.

Sil
10th January 2007, 17:15
No.

Paegus
10th January 2007, 17:29
the set that contains all ninjas and the set that contains all illusionists are not the same set. they merely intersect.

QReaper
10th January 2007, 21:02
but he doesn't see anything... not with that bandage over his eyes.
I'm under the belief he actually has no eyes.

Notice the shadowing in the areas where his eyes are:

http://www.hidden-source.com/media/characters/hidden01.jpg

Looks less like a cast shadow from his brow, and more like empty eye holes, am I correct?

Demented
10th January 2007, 22:36
Nope.
The bandage is basically uniform, and it's a rare few people whose eyes would bulge out enough to make an impression on the bandage.

Which is to say that he could have no eyes, but we have no way of telling.

Paegus
10th January 2007, 23:16
the simplest explanation is the easiest imo. you can't see light that doesn't hit your eyes. whether or not they work and whether or not he even has them is a moot point really...

ill
11th January 2007, 12:06
ging should tell us if he has any eyes or not and if he has why does he need a blind fold!!
but there is some good theories guys
:)

edit°
11th January 2007, 12:26
Why Does It Matter?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

ill
11th January 2007, 13:00
Why Does It Matter?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

COME DOWN LOL maybe not:mad:

crans
11th January 2007, 22:43
COME DOWN LOL maybe not:mad:

Lol, " 'come' down"?? I believe you mean, 'calm' down... heheh.

ill
14th January 2007, 21:07
yeah thanks:)

Kira Yamato
14th January 2007, 23:31
I just had a really stupid idea. Hidden vs a mob of headcrab zombies...