PDA

View Full Version : Request for unban

loki126
7th January 2007, 03:18
Hello.

I play Hidden-Source now for about a year and first of all, its the best HL2 Mod i know so far. I can say for myself, that i'm a above-average player. Not a real pro, but I'm fine with it.

But i am confronted with a problem. I am banned on the following 6 servers.

212.227.38.42:27017 Smokey's Newbies Welcome
212.227.38.42:27018 Smokey's Customs Maps
212.227.38.42:27016 Smokey's Stalk yards
212.227.38.42:27015 Smokey's Veterans Forumites

71.80.191.238:27015 Join - Die - Quit - Cry
74.52.31.194:27015 DEADCLAN Graveyard

I also know the reason why. About half an year ago i tried out some cheats.
I was aware of the consequences it could take but i was just too snoopy.

Well i know now how it looks, how easy it is to get and use.
It worked well about 2 months, i tried not to be much noticeable. But then there was this one weekend, party like normal but a long after-hour till next day in my house. And drunk, stoned and tired as we were we played CS:S, sure with cheat. This time not without attracting attention. The full monty.

The disillusion came the following week. Banned on all VAC Secured servers from Steam. I didn't felt pissed, rather amazed and confused. I made my experience and had fun also.
Got 5 € from every mate who played, bought a new game, stayed clean so far and will stay clean for the future.

Retrospective i actually was scared how easy it was and except for the horror after-hour, still would be to cheat without gain anyone's attention.

Now what, nice story ha?

I really like the mod. I don't beg for unbanning me but I'm trying to ask civilized and honestly (that's why the big story above).

Would you please forgive me for my mistakes and give me a chance to proof that i'm clean and fair now?

My Steam ID is -- STEAM_0:1:11958530 --

Perhaps someone from Germany knows me under my in-game nicks "Bluna" and "Camper Joe" and could put in some good word for me.

Sorry for the strange English, that's all leo and me were able to accomplish.

So long

Bluna

Isolation
7th January 2007, 04:29
I can't speak for any of the servers, except J-D-Q-C. And that server will never unban for one reason: the admin does not (can not, actually) check these forums, and he's... ill tempered to say the least. So, you're safe pretending it does not exist.

loki126
7th January 2007, 05:26
Thx for the quick reply. I searched google but cant find the page from Smokeys. Would be great if someone could post it.

I just noticed that im also banned on

72.232.94.154:27019 OLD TIMERS #4
72.232.94.154:27023 OLD TIMERS #5
and 1,2,3 if they have.

Registered there and wait for the activation.

--

Edit: Now its getting weird. Just searched your archive http://forum.hidden-source.com/archive/index.php?f-13.html, to find the smokey hp, when i read a post from an OLD TIMRERS admin, who refers to their "Llama List" on their hp on the left side.

And like a punch in the face: ----- STEAM_0:1:11958530 Bluna January 6, 2007 11:42 pm Banned permanently. Reason: Uses Cheats and Hacks -----

Now i realy feel pissed. I thought they had banned me right after i got my new account, half an year ago. Would be comprehensible to me.
But yesturday ? ... And USES CHEATS AND HACKS ... like a bad nightmare ...

I am anxious to get a proof of this HACKS AND CHEATS, if at all ... feel like being above-average is hacking ...

Scuzzy
7th January 2007, 11:42
I just noticed that im also banned on

72.232.94.154:27019 OLD TIMERS #4
72.232.94.154:27023 OLD TIMERS #5
and 1,2,3 if they have.

I am anxious to get a proof of this HACKS AND CHEATS, if at all ... feel like being above-average is hacking ...

Proof:

I also know the reason why. About half an year ago i tried out some cheats.
Well i know now how it looks, how easy it is to get and use.
<b>It worked well about 2 months</b>, i tried not to be much noticeable. But then there was this one weekend, party like normal but a long after-hour till next day in my house. And drunk, stoned and tired as we were we played CS:S, <b>sure with cheat</b>.

I appreciate that you're asking for an unbanning for other servers and I have nothing to do with those.

However, admitting to using hacks and cheats for several months is enough for the [o-t] to ban anyone perm. It was a risk you took. I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm not trying to slap you in the face, I'm just keeping our servers clear of trouble.

Your ban will not show up on any automated TK ban list for hidden, so it will not be automatically distributed to other hidden admins.

Yes, your ban does span all 5 servers. All bans span all servers, all games, for all time.

Scuzzy

loki126
7th January 2007, 12:11
I wrote the story about cheating, cause i wanted to be honestly.
I thought the admins banned me right after i got my sec account, half a year ago, cause i always use the same names "Bluna" and "Camper Joe" with my cheat acc, and the new one also.
With my new acc, no one could have ever banned me cause of cheating, cause i never did!

And you banned me yesturday, befor i wrote this thread, assuming that i was using cheats and hacks. That sucks.

Look in your Llame list. It says it as wrote above.

edit°
7th January 2007, 12:52
If an acc has been banned from smokey's - you deserved it. Sorry

Alt
7th January 2007, 12:57
I'm torn between feeling mildly sorry for you and slapping you round the face. It’s good that you're being honest about the situation, but bad that you used cheats for such an extended period (or at all, to be honest). Perhaps this'll be a lesson to you; you cheated, you hacked, you broke the rules, goodbye and goodnight.

Scuzzy
7th January 2007, 14:35
I wrote the story about cheating, cause i wanted to be honestly.
I thought the admins banned me right after i got my sec account, half a year ago, cause i always use the same names "Bluna" and "Camper Joe" with my cheat acc, and the new one also.
With my new acc, no one could have ever banned me cause of cheating, cause i never did!

And you banned me yesturday, befor i wrote this thread, assuming that i was using cheats and hacks. That sucks.

Look in your Llame list. It says it as wrote above.

Take timezones into effect. I didn't know who you were before you posted. You will also see a bunch of listings on the llama list that say "extra account of previously banned player". Getting a new account doesn't clear your record with us.

Thanks,
Scuzzy

loki126
7th January 2007, 15:09
Thank you edit&#176;, i assure you of not regreting your act. Thx for giving me a second chance, i will not disappoint you.

but bad that you used cheats for such an extended period (or at all, to be honest)

Jeah 2 months sounds long but im 1. not a 24/7 gamer and 2. I didnt cheat all the time. The first day was the greatest. Hours of searching and testing, till we found a all-in-one thing that worked fine. Than there was so much to try, wh like the whole map is out of glass with almost blinding colored models and a on-click-singelshot-autoshooting-aimbot. Aimbot, a word without meaning to me befor. Jeah it was like christmas, about two hours. Than it got boring. You saw all, you did all, you "could" be unbeatable and you loose one thing: Challange At that point i realized what cheating realy means. You are cheating yourself. There isnt a kick anymore when you sneak around a corner, not knowing if there could be your enemy, not knowing how he will react and if you can beat him down, just by pure skill.
Its like playing Tetris and only get squares. Brain and feelings off, primary mouse button rdy, success.

At this point i just should had to delete the stuff. I didnt, my fault, paid my dues.

Perhaps this'll be a lesson to you; you cheated, you hacked, you broke the rules, goodbye and goodnight
*signed*

Zabiela
7th January 2007, 21:49

You suck.

I have 0 respect for people who would even consider using a cheat.

Im out.

EmeralDragon
9th January 2007, 01:51
I banned my best friend from my old (like 7 years ago) CS server for hacking. I came over to his house one day, and he was so excited to show me all the great new hacks he had. No recoil, aimbot, wallhacks, extra hp, the works.

He was very upset to find himself banned from my server that night when I got home. I *still* watch him closely whenever he (rarely) hops into our servers.

Sorry Bluna. I enjoyed playing with you a few nights ago, but ZPG does not tolerate hackers or exploiters of any kind.

I have to side with everyone else on this.

MiasmicAnomie
9th January 2007, 04:02
I'm a little confused here.

You say you were VAC banned, got a new account, and have been clean on the new account. So how did the new account's steam ID end up in our ban list?

Logic would dictate that you got caught cheating with the new steam id, no? Which would mean that you haven't been clean since your mates pitched in to get you a new account.

Regardless, no unban from DC. We pretty much have a no cheating policy.

loki126
9th January 2007, 05:57
I'm a little confused here.

You say you were VAC banned, got a new account, and have been clean on the new account. So how did the new account's steam ID end up in our ban list?
The same question i asked myself. One reason i started this thread.

Logic would dictate that you got caught cheating with the new steam id, no?

No! I was a cheater but i am not a liar.

Scuzzy;105762']Getting a new account doesn't clear your record with us.
Scuzzy

As i understand his post, he read my thread and put me on their Llama List and i guess you just copied it from there. I cannot imagine another reason.
IŽll bet my acc, if someone shows a demo with my new acc ID STEAM_0:1:11958530, that shows me cheating or advised tkling for no reason.

I understand, that you wont have me on your servers cause i have cheated. Really, that's ok.
But i don't let you accuse me of cheating with the new acc.

MiasmicAnomie
9th January 2007, 06:16
As i understand his post, he read my thread and put me on their Llama List and i guess you just copied it from there. I cannot imagine another reason.
But i don't let you accuse me of cheating with the new acc.

DEADCLAN was one of the servers in your original post. I did not copy the ban from Scuzzy. THe lead admin of JDQC can't even read the forums here, so it's unlikely he copied it from here, either.

Before he got himself into his current status with the forums, there was a lot of demo sharing and the like between the JDQC admin, myself, and other admins, including the Smokey's admins. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have made it into all three ban lists without doing something, because I know for certain that I view posted demos independently, and don't just throw mentioned steam ID's into our ban lists.

Maybe you're not lying, and you haven't cheated with your new account - But based on what I know about how I put bans in place, and how things were at the time that a ban would have propogated to all three of JDQC, Smokey's, and DEADCLAN - there's got to be a reason your new account made it into all of those ban lists. There might be a bad ban on any one of those servers individually, but if you're on the list for all three, that's (to my mind, based on the history as I remember it) a pretty solid indication of a good ban. This is independent of your admission of cheating - you may have been banned for something else, but whatever it was, it was in al likelyhood ban-worthy, just based on the fact that it was those particular sets of servers that have a coinciding ban.

I'm sure anyone who knows the history well enough will smack me if I'm misremembering.

loki126
9th January 2007, 07:42
I see, i confused that with Old Timers and Deadclan.

Before he got himself into his current status with the forums, there was a lot of demo sharing and the like between the JDQC admin, myself, and other admins, including the Smokey's admins. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have made it into all three ban lists without doing something, because I know for certain that I view posted demos independently, and don't just throw mentioned steam ID's into our ban lists.

I searched google and the few clansites i found for an entry in a bannlist. And the only thing i found was in the Old Timers Llama List which says i "am" cheating.

I agree with you, that there must be a reason. I thought it was cause of cheating with my old acc.

Recapitulating i cant definitely figure out why im banned on so many server, cause no one seems to have any old demos or bannlist copies. Im still banned on all and this thread has just added 2 banns, if not more.

Its hard to be honest.

-SM-SUCKER
9th January 2007, 07:58
you cheated, you hacked, you broke the rules, goodbye and goodnight
We all know someone here on the forums who cheated as well and playing with him is no problem. I know he has been around forever but he still cheated. Even if I dislike cheaters and I wouldn't trust them we could give people a chance who realise their mistakes. Of course it's possible that he is still cheating but that would be revealed pretty fast if done blatantly. If not, he could turn out to be valuable player.
Just my 2 euro cents

Phaedrus
9th January 2007, 15:51
I just want to say that I hope you are all careful about banning the STEAM ID he is saying is his. I mean, a clever person could screw someone else with this ploy.

Anyway, I played with a "Bluna" on "Wall worm" or something for 20 mins yesterday after reading the first part of this thread. He had a 18 - 2 score and he nailed me a few times in very impressive fashion when I was hidden. I have no idea what cheats look like, but it didn't seem like he had learned his lesson.

Scuzzy
9th January 2007, 17:31
I just want to say that I hope you are all careful about banning the STEAM ID he is saying is his. I mean, a clever person could screw someone else with this ploy.

I was careful about this and did some independent verification.

Scuzzy

Scuzzy
9th January 2007, 17:33
I searched google and the few clansites i found for an entry in a bannlist. And the only thing i found was in the Old Timers Llama List which says i "am" cheating.

I have updated the LLama list with the following text for clarification reguarding your steam-id:

Banned permanently. Reason: Has used cheats and hacks in the past, prior account(s) VAC banned, admitted it at: http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?t=7504

Google will fix their listing in a few days, it usually takes 24 hours for them to review and update from our site.

Scuzzy

MiasmicAnomie
9th January 2007, 18:20
On verification: I actually went and checked the banlists, and my logs, and saw that his ID was indeed already in the ban list for DEADCLAN, and had recently been rejected trying to join the server.

If neither of those had been true, you can be sure I'd have said something (and probably edited out the steam ID from the thread).

Phaedrus
9th January 2007, 18:40
It's good to see you guys are on top of it.

EmeralDragon
9th January 2007, 22:57

Anyway, I played with a "Bluna" on "Wall worm" or something for 20 mins yesterday after reading the first part of this thread. He had a 18 - 2 score and he nailed me a few times in very impressive fashion when I was hidden. I have no idea what cheats look like, but it didn't seem like he had learned his lesson.

I actually didn't think about that till just a few minutes ago, and hop on here to find that it's already been taken care of. Thanks for the warning Phaedrus, and Scuzzy/Miasmic for being on top of it. :)