PDA

View Full Version : Effects from eating bodies.

FreePointz
6th January 2007, 02:20
Would it be possible to add "interactive corpse dismemberment" while the hidden feeds? Nothing uberly complicated ( no new models), just each time you attack a IRIS corpse an appendage gibs off (can just be a random appendage), and the 5th time the corpse is hit, the head gibs off and the torso becomes the same model as the pig stabbed version. This is obviously ripped from AvP2 but I thought it would add eye candy and it would tell a hidden how much was left in a corpse. Any ideas?

By the way I am new so if this has already been posted about please go light on the flaming.:cool:

Demented
6th January 2007, 02:33
*shrug* Probably not going to happen. Sort of a decent idea, though the Hidden prolly drinks the blood more than he eats the body.

Magic eight ball says... "Ask again next week". Smart*** eight ball.

starstriker1
6th January 2007, 02:34
A way to tell fed upon corpses apart from the usable ones would be nice. Entirely unnecessary, since most people keep track of it in their heads well enough, but it would be nice.

I'd just like a new sound effect played on a hit to a dead body, so that you could tell whether a given swipe actually gave you health.

And so that you could creep out the marines more.

Boxy
6th January 2007, 08:14
I think blood is supposed to fly off when you eat the bodies but its not working at the moment, much like blood isn't working on gibbing people etc either. Hopefully this annoying 'dry' look to deaths in general will get fixed, its in the coder types hands.

whoppa
6th January 2007, 09:06
Hopefully this annoying 'dry' look to deaths in general will get fixed, its in the coder types hands.

I hate this sentence.

But i also think there should be some extra Animation/Pic/whatever for the corps eating. Just hitting the corpse with a knife looks weird.

But the idea with the gibs is kewl.

Prometheus
6th January 2007, 09:27
Id be happy with some blood splatter on the screen or something.

Dr.SharK
6th January 2007, 10:44
The blood from SMOD-Tactical would be pretty awesome. Blood spraying out of wounds and making decals off the walls. You should try it out and see: It'd fit PERFECTLY with Hidden i reckon.

Boxy
6th January 2007, 11:28
The blood from SMOD-Tactical would be pretty awesome. Blood spraying out of wounds and making decals off the walls. You should try it out and see: It'd fit PERFECTLY with Hidden i reckon.

I fully agree. I'd like to see the gibs leave bloody marks as they hit the deck as well. Like I said we will have to see. I think the code is there, it just doesn't work properly at the moment.

starstriker1
6th January 2007, 18:57
Smod?

whoppa
6th January 2007, 19:00
http://www.smod-tactical.com/

Have fun.. :)

Pan the Goat God
6th January 2007, 20:09
A way to tell fed upon corpses apart from the usable ones would be nice. Entirely unnecessary, since most people keep track of it in their heads well enough, but it would be nice.

I agree, but I'd rather it be something simpler..like an IRIS with a torn apart face or something to that degree. I like hanging entire bodies for the effect it gets, plus it just looks better than a gibbed one.

And a way to tell if the body has already been eaten would be nice, not for me, but to freak the IRIS into knowing I have health again.

<Beatlemania>
6th January 2007, 23:05
yeah..good idea but then you wouldn't be able to hang the dead body in full form after you have finished...i like tat...

FreePointz
8th January 2007, 01:14
I agree, but I'd rather it be something simpler..like an IRIS with a torn apart face or something to that degree. I like hanging entire bodies for the effect it gets, plus it just looks better than a gibbed one.

I thought a corpse with gibbable appendages would be easier then adding new effects, and besides why leave half the face when you could eat the whole thing! :D

As long as I don't feel like I am beating a dead fish with the side of a butcher knife when I am feeding then I will be happy. Great mod anyway, love the 303 and adrenaline.

crans
8th January 2007, 01:31
I think feeding should just be instead of the knife action, have it so that when you go over to their body, grab them and them press 'E' to feed, and it brings the body up close on their neck, vampire style... Or you could just rip their heart out and eat it instead...

FreePointz
8th January 2007, 01:47
I think feeding should just be instead of the knife action, have it so that when you go over to their body, grab them and them press 'E' to feed, and it brings the body up close on their neck, vampire style... Or you could just rip their heart out and eat it instead...

When was the last time you ate a 20oz steak with your bare hands? Even though the Hidden is a bit deranged he is still human and he retains his basic abilites as a human. Including the common courtesy abilites; to wear pants, to decorate, and to eat food with utensils. Besides, anyone who uses a combat knife to eat his food is amazing :D .

crans
8th January 2007, 02:01
When was the last time you ate a 20oz steak with your bare hands? Even though the Hidden is a bit deranged he is still human and he retains his basic abilites as a human. Including the common courtesy abilites; to wear pants, to decorate, and to eat food with utensils. Besides, anyone who uses a combat knife to eat his food is amazing :D .

Haha, I finally see your point, someone who's been experimented on frequently and pumped full of drugs, kills people and eats their bodies should at least retain the manners to eat with a knife. ;)

Good thinkin' 99...:D

Paegus
8th January 2007, 02:13
+use (e) is already set to grab the corpse. it would suck to have to bleed the thing dry before you can fling it around or dangle it around corners for people to waste ammo on...

and he doesn't wear pants because of common courtesy... he wears them because he needs the pockets to store his pipe bomb.

crans
8th January 2007, 02:27
+use (e) is already set to grab the corpse. it would suck to have to bleed the thing dry before you can fling it around or dangle it around corners for people to waste ammo on...

and he doesn't wear pants because of common courtesy... he wears them because he needs the pockets to store his pipe bomb.

Ok then, how about 'x' or an unused button?

FreePointz
8th January 2007, 02:48
Haha, I finally see your point, someone who's been experimented on frequently and pumped full of drugs, kills people and eats their bodies should at least retain the manners to eat with a knife. ;)

If he can walk in a straight line and speak english with correct grammar, then there is no reason to suspect that his manners have changed in the slightest ability.

+use (e) is already set to grab the corpse.

This is probably the most logical answer, along with.... unneeded additional content such as hearts, a new holding position, etc. I was just responding in the most direct approach that I felt was necessary.

------------------*Warning* Nothing below this line adds anymore meaning to this post--------

*KABOOM*

"Drat, another one of those sarcasm detectors blew up. I think we almost have a working model."

crans
8th January 2007, 04:02
If he can walk in a straight line and speak english with correct grammar, then there is no reason to suspect that his manners have changed in the slightest ability.

This is probably the most logical answer, along with.... unneeded additional content such as hearts, a new holding position, etc. I was just responding in the most direct approach that I felt was necessary.

God, why can't people take jokes, the heart thing was a joke, A JOKE. When will the world regain their sense of humour back...

And BTW what was with the 'Size 1' writing?:confused:

Paegus
8th January 2007, 11:32
it's bad enough the iris equipment function isn't linked to the hidden's aura by default... why add something that isn't really needed.

slashing the corpse is simple but effective. you're 'carving' and all that jazz. though it would be nice to have a something detect that you're feeding so when you're done his other hand comes up with a napkin and wipes the blood from his mouth. he then drops the napkin on the spot for other iris to find.

whoppa
8th January 2007, 12:19
I think dead slashed IRIS should get a Skin, that is very bloody and such thingys..

Euphoria
8th January 2007, 17:47
If such a skin is created for the half eaten iris, if think leaving doberman sized bite marks on the body where ever the cross hairs is pointing would look good, if a bit exaggerated. I that the flesh being ripped out with an incrediably strong jaw would have a more impact on the player than just carving bite sized chunks off with a knife.

And an extra sound could be added instead of the normal slash on iris sound, something a long the line of raw-meat-sodden-with-blood-being-ripped-off-the-bone sorta sound. What ever that might sound like.

wiggle987
9th January 2007, 08:57
And an extra sound could be added instead of the normal slash on iris sound, something a long the line of raw-meat-sodden-with-blood-being-ripped-off-the-bone sorta sound. What ever that might sound like.

Things like that even make me begin to think Jack Johnson was on to something :P

However this thead has given me a nice idea.

Matto
10th January 2007, 09:38
If such a skin is created for the half eaten iris, if think leaving doberman sized bite marks on the body where ever the cross hairs is pointing would look good, if a bit exaggerated. I that the flesh being ripped out with an incrediably strong jaw would have a more impact on the player than just carving bite sized chunks off with a knife.

Would you be able to use Parallax mapping for this? I think it would be awesome.

Zabiela
10th January 2007, 20:10
Would you be able to use Parallax mapping for this? I think it would be awesome.

If it were supported yet.

Hyp-R
10th January 2007, 21:47
I fully agree. I'd like to see the gibs leave bloody marks as they hit the deck as well. Like I said we will have to see. I think the code is there, it just doesn't work properly at the moment.

If I remember, when the paintcan model is thrown at a wall, it leaves a paint splatter?

Couldn't the gibblets be used in the same way?

Demented
11th January 2007, 00:44
But to do that they need to be shot by the gravity gun.

Euphoria
11th January 2007, 16:30
This is beginning to sound like a coding nightmare...

edit°
11th January 2007, 17:56
Or just more utterly pointless work...

hutch
11th January 2007, 17:58

Blood isn't pointless my good man, its fun!

Euphoria
12th January 2007, 19:12

For the sake of creating atmosphere and freaking out people new to the game, I disagree that it would be pointless. It may not be worth it to go to that extreme to make feeding that bit extra special, but something around those lines without as much coding work would be nice.

edit°
12th January 2007, 22:51
With hex requiring work in pretty much EVERY area, anything eye-candyish or polish-ish is pointless work at this point. Hex aside, theres still plenty of work to be done.

When I say pointless I mean in an immediate sense. When it comes to fixing the game with polish theres plenty to be talked about but really at the minute, its not worth the workload.

Euphoria
14th January 2007, 13:51
I'll wait til b5 comes and goes before suggesting/ adding to suggestions, then.