PDA

View Full Version : I need more opinions on this suspect BHSer

Zabiela
6th January 2007, 00:26
demo: http://www.savefile.com/files/391322

Me and isolation were playing with this guy on deadclan, and at a mapchange he suddenly started to play WAY better... to a fishy point. Iso jumped in spec and got this demo while i tested the guy as the hidden.

So I just got done watching it in wireframe, and to me, there aint enough evidence to warrant a ban. Its really fishy, i mean, pouncing over his head, he spots it and turns around to shoot at exactly the spot i just landed, and wehn hiding still in a bush he looked over to me a couple times, like he "knew" i was there, but he didnt shoot, instead he shot next to me.

But im not sure what to conclude, so i'd like you guys to give it a watch and post your opinion. Thanks.

Knigh7s
6th January 2007, 03:06
Ya, sometime it's pretty hard to tell the difference in this situation. The other day I was playing and was accused of bhs (FYI, I don’t btw), some ppl are just able to track the hidden better than others. And also think ahead of the matter. Like myself, if I get attacked, 99% of the time I'm doing a 180 with a kill shot. Or the hidden is camping and I’m able to spot him just standing there from afar. And I’m sure most of you veterans are capable of the same.

As for this demo, it does seem fishy, but at the same time, compare it with your playing tactics. (Makes it even harder to accuse)

I’m working on an event script that will notify everyone when someone types that certain command in console. Got some bugs and isn’t as close to release as I want it to be :(

Isolation
6th January 2007, 06:32
What's not in the demo is when I first started suspecting him. I was hidden, and he followed me as I pounced above him, firing the whole time, and then snapping behind himself to blast me, despite doing a nice crouch-pounce jig around him. There's a distinct difference between when experts track, and a cheater tracks. This case felt the latter.

Knigh7s
6th January 2007, 07:31
What's not in the demo is when I first started suspecting him. I was hidden, and he followed me as I pounced above him, firing the whole time, and then snapping behind himself to blast me, despite doing a nice crouch-pounce jig around him. There's a distinct difference between when experts track, and a cheater tracks. This case felt the latter.

Well, that part is most understandable

Paegus
6th January 2007, 11:52
from the footage i'd have to say he's either draining the toilet or failing miserably to fake not being able to see you until you get close. probably the former as he missed a ripe chance to get a legit kill when you were waiting in the foliage. all those blurry edge distortions and he didn't notice see you. though he was jumping about and turning around all the time...

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/5589/hdnhighrise0005xl3.th.jpg (http://img444.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hdnhighrise0005xl3.jpg)

dont mind the hvision helmetcam... the interference lines muck up demo watching.

Zabiela
7th January 2007, 22:08
What do you mean by draining the toilet, and how do you change the scanlines to hvision? I hate those scanlines too when you're trying to see how someone was playing.

edit: and im jealous of your widescreen

Paegus
7th January 2007, 22:27
if you don't remember what it was then i wont be saying it.

getting rid of the scan lines will get you kicked from any server that does file consistency checks. i change them for spectating so i can see what the person sees better without the scan lines mucking it up. i suppose technically it doesn't matter what you do to textures you only see when dead but i accidentally included them in the list of textures for that shouldn't be changed. materials/vgui/hud/helmetcam.vmt what you need the edit... but make a copy of the original first because deleting changes to a file results in a consistency error no matter how close to the original you make it.

yeah, widescreen rocks.

Zabiela
7th January 2007, 22:45
if you don't remember what it was then i wont be saying it.

yeah, widescreen rocks.

Ok, now I see what you mean. Couldnt be though because thats blocked on Deadclan (at least last I remember, maybe valve messed things up again)

Isolation
7th January 2007, 22:47
DX cheats are also possible, given the times he "ignores" a hidden.

Zabiela
7th January 2007, 22:54
I hope to see him playing again so i can get more material, im still not absolutely convinced, and we could just be building ourselves up to beleive this, even though theres no denying it was fishy.

Paegus
8th January 2007, 00:10
i ran into him in smokey's the other day and i wasn't particularly impressed. his hidden play was as bad as the demo and his iris wasn't of much interest either. admittedly, knowing that he MIGHT be i didn't sit still for any amount of time in his view. he didn't even manage to hit me before i shoved him over the edge in highrise.

the bathroom exploit is iffy since it depends on the nearest cubemap i think. mostly the hidden stands out but sometimes not. BHS is far more obvious for obvious reasons and i doubt he had that. if he's innocently using DX7 he might be getting the more visible of the alpha blended renders then that would explain how he didn't see you in the foliage and also how he saw you in the sky. one thing that the refraction shader suffers from is that it doesn't show up well in darker areas in comparison to the alpha blended one since that one is a whitened image.