PDA

View Full Version : South Park vs Family Guy

VoiceOfDecember
4th January 2007, 12:26
Sit down and have a think about this one. Lets not turn this into a flame fest ok guys, just put down which is your favourite and why. For me, even though I love Family Guy I have to put South Park over them. Stuff in Family Guy makes me laugh like South Park could never make me laugh but I enjoy the relevance of South Park episodes to everyday life. It's like the creators of South Park have gone out and witnessed something which is obviously stupid and just take the piss out of it in their show. E.g. They have witnessed some geek thatís almost having a heart attack because he can't wait for the Nintendo Wii to come out. They make the episode with Cartman freezing himself so he can get to the Wii quicker and he encounters all kinds of crazy things. I think its great :D but thatís just me

Whatís your favourite?

Gusdor
4th January 2007, 12:28
Family guy's humour is light years more sophisticated. Sometimes I'm a little embaressed watching SP. The movie rawked however.

Family Guy is my favourite but some of the narrative and comedic tools they use get a little tired in series 5.

Dead Inside
4th January 2007, 12:47
I'm weak! Both are amazing and both have great films.

The WoW southpark episode was pretty damn cool though. :cool:

Sil
4th January 2007, 14:39
I never watched more than two episodes every three months of either show, so my experience does not cover long-term development. However, I prefer Family Guy by far. Sophisticated humour, satirical remarks, and altogether more subtle than South Park. If South Park are to mock Saddam, it's often just "Hi! I'm Saddam! I fuck Satan in the ass!" whereas if it's Family Guy, they'd throw in fifteen kicks at the Bush's, as well as making a more sincere and severe argument against him.

'Course, the old man's dead now. He had a good run, kinda like James Brown.

hutch
4th January 2007, 15:44
Family guy's humor is light years more sophisticated. Sometimes I'm a little embarrassed watching SP. The movie raked however.

Family Guy is my favorite but some of the narrative and comedic tools they use get a little tired in series 5.

You of all people? Embarrassed?
Anyway
I <3 south park bitches.

Ging
4th January 2007, 16:37
Hutch, you turned on that shite spelling plugin again?

"Originally Posted by Hausdorff"

editį
4th January 2007, 16:39
Watching the SP episode ABOUT family guy made me unable to watch FG ever again. If you'd asked me SP vs. anything when SP first came out I would have picked the anything, but these days southpark is actually witty and scathing to whoever they've gone after this time around. Family guy makes me laugh, but everytime I watch it I remember the SP episode about it and it kills it a little for me :)

hutch
4th January 2007, 19:28
Hutch, you turned on that shite spelling plugin again?

"Originally Posted by Hausdorff"

God damnit

wtf.

Isolation
4th January 2007, 19:54
I hate Family Guy with a passion. South Park's sarcastic satire beats FG any day.

Zabiela
4th January 2007, 21:06
All I did was look at track records, SP wins by a mile.
FG is still funny tho, but must bow down to its master.

Kira Yamato
5th January 2007, 00:41
Family Guy? Sophisticated? You're joking right?

South park is funny. But...
THIS is the true art of comedy:Swordfish! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EaLIy93pns)

Hyp-R
5th January 2007, 00:48
Southpark hands down.
Family guy of course ahs it's moments.

but southpark has always showed the true stupidity of our actions and thoughts.
And it may not seem like it, but just about every episode had some sort of lesson in it.

Even though it's sort of childish most of the time
It's still much funnier to me.

crans
5th January 2007, 08:31
Family guy's humour is light years more sophisticated. Sometimes I'm a little embaressed watching SP. The movie rawked however.

Family Guy is my favourite but some of the narrative and comedic tools they use get a little tired in series 5.

Hahah, dude, you should watch the episode of South Park, 'Cartoon Wars'. Man it sums up Family Guy so easily. South Park re create several skits that Family Guy would have made and they do it so well! Heheh... manatees...

Ben42
5th January 2007, 21:13
South Park by so much. Plus, Hausdorff? Oh god, so funny.

Zabiela
5th January 2007, 21:14
Hahah, dude, you should watch the episode of South Park, 'Cartoon Wars'. Man it sums up Family Guy so easily. South Park re create several skits that Family Guy would have made and they do it so well! Heheh... manatees...

They take out muhammed.... and they stop XD

QReaper
5th January 2007, 21:15
I like both, but through observing my habits, I watch South park far more than Family Guy, and pay more attention to South Park.

The.ViruS
5th January 2007, 23:00
Southpark FTW!!

Family Guy is usually stupid and a bit retarded. As much as I enjoy it it annoys me. The southpark episode about Family Guy had it down too a T.

Gusdor
6th January 2007, 00:55
Family Guy is usually stupid and a bit retarded.
I challenge you to cite you source!

Zabiela
6th January 2007, 01:04
I like Family Guy's tactic for inserting TOTALLY OFF TOPIC jokes.

"Topic sentence"

Peter: "Oh, like that one time... [off topic joke]"

Woo family guy! Those were funny at first, but got old and overused.

crans
6th January 2007, 02:04
Damn straight, or it's..

"Ya think that's bad?! What about the time I..."
"You mean when you....
*cuts to flash back*

/yawn

OmegaDeath
6th January 2007, 02:06
Simpsons

The orig and the best

Aprt from the orig and the best been road rash 2 where the orig suckred big tim

crans
6th January 2007, 02:08
I reckon Futurama is funnier than The Simpsons, but hey I love The Simpsons. I am desperately awaiting their film to come out.