PDA

View Full Version : Requesting Unban in OLD TIMERS & Knig7s

Phaedrus
3rd January 2007, 18:13
First let me say that I am guilty and I admit it. I'm not one for excuses, but hopefully you will consider to my plea. I lost my cool on OLD TIMERS and tked a couple asshats that were annoying me on voice chat.

The offense can be found at http://www.oldtimersclan.com/ot_hiddentkers.php

Here is the details:
155 12/20/2006 11:29 am
Team Killer STEAM_0:1:5194101 Phaedrus Victim: ( SoS ) Elmo - STEAM_0:0:9216387
156 12/20/2006 11:28 am
Team Killer STEAM_0:1:5194101 Phaedrus Victim: ( SOS ) Lexodubs - STEAM_0:1:64868

Maybe some of you have played with them and can confirm they are asshats or maybe it was a onetime thing for them. I don't know. But either way, it wasn't cool for me to TK and I am sorry. I really enjoy playing on your servers. Please check out my stats page as evidence this is an isolated event. The link is here: http://www.hidden-stats.co.uk/profile.php?s=STEAM_0:1:5194101

I currently have 558 kills to 12 TKs, 10 of which are unintentional, I swear.

I love this game and I don't want to be excluded from playing it with you guys. I even have my own server http://www.hidden-stats.co.uk/servers_profile.php?s=165 with a custom map I have been working on, hdn_gulley_b1. It's a terrible first attempt, but I am learning. Anyway, please give me another shot.

PS: Knig7s server must be using the OLD TIMERS list. Anyone else using it as well, this plea goes out to you as well.

Zabiela
3rd January 2007, 21:27
Aye, our Knigh7s server uses the OT list, thanks for explaining yourself, I forgive you because getting pissed off happens, but just try to keep your cool ;)
Ill have u taken off the knights banlist.

edit: Hmmm angel, if you read this, I cant login to our site anymore, it tells me wrong username/pass. Im :confused:

Knigh7s
3rd January 2007, 21:44
I will remove you from the ban list, next time keep your head cool, trust me, its happened to me plenty times as well.

well, have fun!

@Zabiela

The site is really pissing me off, it wont talk to the user database to share the member logins anymore, i dont have my personal computer atm so i cant fix it. just give me some time. I'll eventually get it working. But it does seem like the site is a bit faster now.

Phaedrus
3rd January 2007, 21:53
Thanks guys. I appreciate it. Do you know if any of the OT guys read this forum or should I take my plea there? Thanks again.

Zabiela
3rd January 2007, 22:07
Thanks guys. I appreciate it. Do you know if any of the OT guys read this forum or should I take my plea there? Thanks again.

Scuzzy will see this in no time.

@ Angel

Yeah, the site is going much faster! I was just scared, thought all the accounts got deleted in the move or something.

Knigh7s
4th January 2007, 00:47
@Zabiela

Think I fixed the login issue at the site, check it out then PM me or something.

Mounce
4th January 2007, 02:22
@All

If anyone Knows me, the legendary Mounce who's not admin......:( lol

I have a very short temper for many people, mainly the annoying childish little bastards that can swarm steam, In the end I usually get the last laugh because I'm experienced at dealing with this shit, or I will TK them if they shoot at me purposely or TK me first

But its good that you came out and admitted to losing your cool, If i lose my cool, everyone around me will know why and most of the time understand and support my anger, or laugh with me how I tear apart the people and verbally abuse their feelings

Being Mounce is great, but as a wise man once said as well:

"Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate" - Thomas Jones

edit°
4th January 2007, 16:08
He also said:

Here's your ticket pack your bag: time for jumpin' overboard,

The transportations here!

Close enough but not too far, maybe you know where you are,

Fightin' fire with fire

TKing is TKing. Maybe the tkers causing shit for you are also just angry little men and their only way of dealing with it is through the games. Would you deprive them of that? ;) :D

Scuzzy
5th January 2007, 02:46
I'm sick as a dog... sorry for the late reply.

If you are frustrated with a player who is being a problem please use the votekick system (by saying votekick). Chances are if you've had enough of them someone else has as well. All of these actions, and players who are votekicked, are logged to the web database on the OT servers.
Case in point:

1/04/07 8:27 pm HDN_SERVER-4 Admin Note STEAM_0:1:9834905 Aphidoidea Player started a votekick.
1/04/07 8:27 pm HDN_SERVER-4 Admin Note STEAM_0:1:9946885 sqwishy Player started a votekick.
1/04/07 8:27 pm HDN_SERVER-4 Admin Note STEAM_0:0:4704828 Mav3rick Player started a votekick.
1/04/07 8:27 pm HDN_SERVER-4 Admin Note STEAM_0:1:9946885 sqwishy Player started a votekick.
1/04/07 8:27 pm HDN_SERVER-4 Kicked STEAM_0:1:11436391 BACARDI9ER Player was votekicked.

(The guy above pissed off a lot of our regulars, we have a limit of 7 people on the server and 4 people all tried to start a votekick on him at the same time.)

When someone is kicked like that we review the logs to determine what the problem is. If a player is a continuous problem we will ban them. (Those types of bans will not show up on the hidden TK list by the way)

I appreciate your honest and your apology, we all make mistakes. Your account has been unbanned and should be free at the next map change on all 5 servers(TFC, HL2:DM, & Hidden).

Scuzzy

Phaedrus
5th January 2007, 16:21
Thanks Scuzzy. I didn't even think to try votekick. I will keep that in mind. Either way, lesson learned. Thanks for the second chance. I just tried connecting and it still says I'm banned. Knigh7s still has me banned as well. Maybe the servers just have to restart first, but here is my steam id in case you grabbed the wrong one from my earlier post: STEAM_0:1:5194101

Thanks again guys.

Scuzzy
5th January 2007, 17:38
Try now on OT, mani's acting weird.

Scuzzy

Phaedrus
5th January 2007, 18:29
That did it. Thanks again.

Knigh7s
5th January 2007, 19:14
You are all clear again, I had removed you, but then updated again using the OT list before Scuzzy had removed you.

Scuzzy
5th January 2007, 20:20
You are all clear again, I had removed you, but then updated again using the OT list before Scuzzy had removed you.

I'm slow. :) A slow lumbering IRIS too, which is why I get owned. :)

Scuzzy

Zabiela
5th January 2007, 21:04
Theres a problem with votekick though, the kickee can rejoin immediately after being kicked. You should implement a mini 5 minute ban, just to discourage reconnect attempts. Lately when i've seen tkers being votekicked, they usually just laughed at the attempt as they knew nothing was permanent.